Bellerophon is a joke!

DeletedUser

And let the hate mail commence...

First of all, let's start off by saying Hero World requirements are a joke and a lot of the players I have seen in this "Hero World" Bellerophon are not impressive... At all.

With that being said, this server has been open for all of 6 months (?) and it already seems to be a dead server. The top "3" alliances (Occupy, Eviction Notice, and Legacy) all hold pacts with each other... So, no action there. Not to mention the fact that these alliances are playing Big Brother (big sister imho) to smaller alliances that are in fear of getting stomped out by some real competition.

So, Bellerophon in a nutshell goes like this:
1) Top 3 (we'll say top 2 since EN and Occupy know how to skew the alliance cap) hold a pact and trade off each other's cities so they can have pretty houses next to their friends.
2) If you attack an alliance that is not one of these 3 (or two), chances are that you will receive an empty threat from a member of one of these alliances claiming that they will use their alliance's size and power to "rim" you before you have a chance to kill off your targeted alliance. (I say empty threat because I'm still waiting...)
3) Anyone attacked by these alliances that feels they can not fight back will join up in order to save their own candy (expletive deleted.)
4) New players just joining this server will be placed in the heart of those who already have 10, 15, and even 30 cities... Without morale, bye bye new guy.
5) Nobody wants a fight the big guys. Everything is politics. Jesus guys, I know it is election year for a lot of you people but let's be serious... :pro: Where is the war? Was that part of the game lost when Pink Death was taken out by the world?

DeletedUser20849

I for fact know En/O are at war with 6 different alliances and their ranked overall the 2 highest in abp

so there is war lol

DeletedUser

well said, i for one can't understand why the good players (and there a couple) on this server would want to play it safe and pact their way to victory just to get a burger-king crown on their profile (which - i hate to have to tell you guys - nobody looks at anyway :p)

just remember:
images

I for fact know En/O are at war with 6 different alliances and their ranked overall the 2 highest in abp

so there is war lol
taking cities from 20 noob alliances doesn't make it a challenge (or a war imo) :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is that right? Because according to grepostats, the only exchanges over the past week or two that have been happening between EN and Occupy are with each other, and Styx... Or ghost towns.

Let's get serious. Absorbing inactives from anywhere is hardly war... Trading off cities with fellow alliance members doesn't constitute war... Forming pacts between the biggest alliances so you don't bump into each other is actually a way of avoiding war at all cost.

Then you form pacts with the little guys to give them a false sense of security so when they ARE attacked, they think they can call on you to save their (expletive deleted.) Not going to happen...

DeletedUser20849

Is that right? Because according to grepostats, the only exchanges over the past week or two that have been happening between EN and Occupy are with each other, and Styx... Or ghost towns.

Let's get serious. Absorbing inactives from anywhere is hardly war... Trading off cities with fellow alliance members doesn't constitute war... Forming pacts between the biggest alliances so you don't bump into each other is actually a way of avoiding war at all cost.

Then you form pacts with the little guys to give them a false sense of security so when they ARE attacked, they think they can call on you to save their (expletive deleted.) Not going to happen...

fyi... when you have inactive/ghost takers such as styx you'll wanna grab all your inactives and ghost in your core so they can't take advantage? tatical in my mind

DeletedUser14283

You want a war mate? Go out and get one. Hit someone with all you got and provoke a reaction!

Just cause the top three alliances have their fingers in each others pies does not mean that the rest of the world cant attack and enjoy killing some stuff. I get plenty of action cause i actively go out and find it.

They want pacts? Let them, it will ruin the game for them simple as and im sure that can be seen with the rise of inactives.

As they say, actions speak louder than worse so go kick some behind! Come back here and show your glory reports and be like hell yeah! I own this :cool: You got nothing on me :p and go from there...

DeletedUser19105

You want a war mate? Go out and get one. Hit someone with all you got and provoke a reaction!

Just cause the top three alliances have their fingers in each others pies does not mean that the rest of the world cant attack and enjoy killing some stuff. I get plenty of action cause i actively go out and find it.

They want pacts? Let them, it will ruin the game for them simple as and im sure that can be seen with the rise of inactives.

As they say, actions speak louder than worse so go kick some behind! Come back here and show your glory reports and be like hell yeah! I owe this :cool: You got nothing on me :p and go from there...

Well said Flo, however, we have done just that. We went to war with two alliances about our size at the start. We crushed one and the other informed us quickly that they had pacts with Legacy, EN, and Occupy. They also have pacts with several other alliances right next to them. I am not complaining. I am sure we will have a fight on our hands in short order. We are not going to stop because some dude with 20 cities tells us to. The point is, this game is so much better when the big boys are fighting and you can pick sides. Then you can decide that the other side is completely evil and rally the troops to rid the world of their evilness.... if that makes any sense. In Iota, we had Evo, then the Dirty Dozen with the Death Crusaders. It made for almost two years of fun.

DeletedUser

Iota was a great server! We kept that thing going for a well over a year despite the fact that we had pacts and branches and what not. Why? Because we had leadership that wanted to keep the game going. Those were the days when you could message a rival leader and discuss things like "yeah but if we take them out what will we do" and just stir things up for the heck of it and nobody cried or took things personal. We fought each other, had playful (though if any of you remember the Jennesis, Herbal, Lozz, Syl, egami, Barbie, Iceblade, Enas forum wars...playful might not be the word for it) banter in the forums and in game. Evo (The En/Oc type mega alliance) was fighting 6 or more alliances on three fronts! We could barely keep straight who our enemies were! Cities were lost...cities were gained...mud was slung...and at the end of the day we all had a BLAST!

I had been hoping Belle would be some version of that, with some new faces to posture and pose for. But...those days are gone folks. No longer can you rile someone up on the forum by calling them a n00b and then fight them ingame cos everyone takes everything so freaking serious.

So yeah...Belle was pretty much dead on arrival. Shame really...cos this used to be a really fun game.

P.S. Flo...yes...we know you are an aggressive crazy psycho war beach. Nothing but love for ya! xoxo

DeletedUser14283

I loved Iota! So much fun in that world lol shame it got the WW, it was more fun to kill everything :p

P.S. Flo...yes...we know you are an aggressive crazy psycho war beach. Nothing but love for ya! xoxo

Aww cheers :) Thats gonna be my new title :D love ya too ;) xoxo

DeletedUser

Interesting comments... Some are true some are not :D

Some mention of no war and taking of inactives being the main participation in Bella, and to some extent this is true, a few of our good friends in EN/Occupy have had to leave for various reasons and a few others decided to take a break.
Rgraff whom has joined the world quite late is quite correct in saying we are at war wth six alliances on all fronts, but the problem is with any server is when inactives or Vmers days run out, it leaves our core cities easy targets... Sadly our main enemy is the styx conglomarate styx, -sytx- and the norse, who are 99% turtlenecks and only have the ability to take easy targets!!!

On the up-side our ABP outweighs our DBP :D

A recent OP on certain large styx players resulted in us taking 6 cities from them in pure war format, and chasing a player into VM!!!
Our ABP shows this over those couple of days explicitly!!! It was also admited by the heiracy of styx that they was in total disarray!!!
But sadly we have lost more to them, they are taking cities of Vacation ex-moded players instantly as they come out of VM and sadly a few inactives of ours... We do not have enough culture to absorb all these cities some of whom ghosted. And in preference would prefer to save our hard earned slots for city taking in real war and OPs.

So whats wrong with Bella? Why is so many of our enemies vulturious turtles???
Hell i love turtle bashing but there is a point boredom sits in!!!
But taking some styx cities the hard way has helped the morale in EN and Occupy...
We restructured, re-evaluated and now we will remaster again!!!

DeletedUser14283

Good post mate :)

Reminds me very much of the turtles in Psi.. ah 4TRESS lol

Tho, i still think the current result of this world is due to what happened at the start. I think that maybe in future hero worlds pacts and shared forums should be disabled. I reckon that could shake things up a bit lol

DeletedUser

It was whilst checking through our forums today I noticed the following conversation after the OP on styx last week and the victim had activated VM after losing 4 cities.. N.B. The names have been changed to protect the guilty :D

EN Member today at 05:21
LOL well done but the truth is that I didn't have the city slot to take it :p In fact I have a CS on the water to an internal takeover and was hoping to get some BP from you because I still need 10 CP. Now I have to find them somewhere else real quick.
Enjoy your VM and drop me a line when you return.

Styx Member today at 05:24
Sorry I could not help you with that.

Styx Member today at 05:26
You could give me my city back? Then you would have slot. Good idea don't you think? Alway here to help LOL

EN Member today at 05:27
You would have to clear it first. I still have support from your alliance there.

Styx Member today at 05:29
lol They are not all the sharpest tools

As you can see a mighty styx person went out on a "Limb" here to praise his alliance efforts into trying to save another of his cities!!! :heh:

DeletedUser19105

You could give me my city back? Then you would have slot. Good idea don't you think? Alway here to help LOL

EN Member today at 05:27
You would have to clear it first. I still have support from your alliance there.

Styx Member today at 05:29
lol They are not all the sharpest tools

As you can see a mighty styx person went out on a "Limb" here to praise his alliance efforts into trying to save another of his cities!!! :heh:

Wow, looks like a raging war there. Really?! Thanks for sharing that fella.

DeletedUser8790

well said, i for one can't understand why the good players (and there a couple) on this server would want to play it safe and pact their way to victory just to get a burger-king crown on their profile (which - i hate to have to tell you guys - nobody looks at anyway :p)

just remember:
images

taking cities from 20 noob alliances doesn't make it a challenge (or a war imo) :p

Just curious, how exactly do you "win" this world? I though Hero worlds lacked the ww's?

DeletedUser12667

LOL:D Funny how it seems that my obcession against PACT's may not be such a bad thing after all:eek:

Flo, show them how grepo is meant to be played:) Well now that I think about it I am sure you already are doing just that:cool:

DeletedUser15976

senseless or who ever you are in belle that player your are talking about lost 4 cities but guess what he now has 8 slots open and guess where he's going to get then from?
We are not going away unlike your team,we are happy here and do not need anything to raise our morale even when we lose a city,like I did,but again!! I got 3 open slots to one lost,and now filled,guess where I got them from? Active or not that's not my problem its yours,keep your people motivated and they'll stay with you until the end.

Hello Hilop!! I need some advise I'm playing in Pella and I suck there...

edited to not get another stupid infraction....

DeletedUser

senseless or who ever you are in belle that player your are talking about lost 4 cities but guess what he now has 8 slots open and guess where he's going to get then from?
We are not going away unlike your team,we are happy here and do not need anything to raise our morale even when we lose a city,like I did,but again!! I got 3 open slots to one lost,and now filled,guess where I got them from? Active or not that's not my problem its yours,keep your people motivated and they'll stay with you until the end.

My knowledge for you filling your slots, would be with more of the worlds inactives, more of the small and large ghosts and at a shot in the dark more of your own internals :D

DeletedUser14283

Flo, show them how grepo is meant to be played:) Well now that I think about it I am sure you already are doing just that:cool:

Aww, you always make me blush killy :p *hugs*

Besides i think this world needs a kick up the bottom cause it could be fun again. We just need some interesting war's going and sensible PnP's that stick to the rules.

DeletedUser

Well the prediction of our fellow styx member is correct, Immediately after coming out of VM after escaping there, guess what? Damn he went a took yet another ghost!!! You could say very good use of the slots freed for him :)

My apolologies in the incorrect information in a previous POST, where i said he lost 4 cities to EN/Occupy...
It ws in fact 5!!!