The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser17103

The thing is, that with out a few skilled players from other worlds, it's hard to make a decent alliance without turning it into an MRA... :/

DeletedUser17088

you know... I am kinda 50/50 on this now

the current trend in worlds is that alliances gang up on the 'leading' alliance until they beat them

perhaps a pre-made is the only way to survive? though i would rather people did it oldschool and just fight their enemies without calling in the help of 2+ other alliances

DeletedUser17103

haven't seen any good premades in a while though, i mean like ones that are purely made from scratch not other alliances coming from other worlds, i just wish i could find one solely based on fighting with no pacts and rubbish like that :p

DeletedUser27700

I find premades interesting.
I am currently in such a group, and they are the best group I've met. I believe the group started a while back, with 3 members, and moving from one world to another has grown to over 20. I know some may question why we have to move worlds, but all i can say is pobody's nerfect. Stuff happens.
Regardless, I enjoy being able to hang out with these friends and roam whatever world we like. We all know eachother, we all have skype, we all enjoy being around one another and playing together. Whats wrong with that?
The whole time we are adding new players wherever we meet them.

I understand the mystery and fun of starting a new shiny world, but I see nothing wrong with getting a group of friends together and just having fun.

DeletedUser829

you know... I am kinda 50/50 on this now

the current trend in worlds is that alliances gang up on the 'leading' alliance until they beat them

perhaps a pre-made is the only way to survive? though i would rather people did it oldschool and just fight their enemies without calling in the help of 2+ other alliances

Yes and No. Look at Alpha. It was always Thunder Gods, TW-Shadow and DDW that were leading the race. TW-shadow merged with DDW, and they fought Thunder Gods. Now TW-Shadow is still winning. They started winning, and they ended winning.

It's all about dedication and teamwork.

DixieNormous was not a premade, and we (well they) won Sigma.

It's about leadership, communication, and willingness to work as a team. Sure, premades that have done this before already have an upper hand, but it's not a gold rule.

DeletedUser

Well, I made a fairly interesting sort of premade. I chose Hyperborea because it was something new, with a new strategy, and I used it as a retirement server for some of my old Athens buddies who needed a break but still wanted to hang out. I joined the server, and invited about 10 buddies to join me. We started on the rim, but have done very well for ourselves. We recruited some local talent and the premade is succeeding.

We designed it to be the start for something great. We made a core and knew that you need new players to make an alliance function. We brought our knowledge and alliance structure and they brought the talent. Together, we are now defeating alliances with 3x as many city points as us

DeletedUser

i think having a world where there are some premade alliances are ok as some want to continue playing with their buddies from previous worlds but when you get alliances that only recruit those that have experience. it can become a pain in the butt as how can those without experience get the experience needed to make if no one gives them the chance. so i think there should be a limit to the amount of people you can invite to the world or the amount of premade alliances allowed into it although the latter could be difficult to police

DeletedUser

I for one do not like the idea of pre-made Alliances and would not play that world;;we should all start as individuals and build from there;;

DeletedUser20688

The only demise of Grepolis is the fact there is a new server everyweek

I remember joining the rim on my first server and it was the best experience I've had in-game

DeletedUser

I remember joining the rim on my first server. It was boring.
I remember joining the core on my second server. It was awesome.

DeletedUser20688

The rim is a good place to learn the craft of the game.

But if you feel the need for inno to open a new world every Thursday then you are a fool

DeletedUser

I feel like grepolis is a better game without pre-mades, and it is true that pre-mades do fail.
We can take for example my world, we have a pre-made that says on the top of the list, then they got completely butchered by all the players.

Can a world exist without a premade?

Yes, definitely. Although it is fun to sometimes be surrounded with people you have had experience playing with, it is better to have new and different people play with you. Grepolis is about bringing people together to play one great game!

DeletedUser

A world can exist without a premade but premade make it easier so most people don't like the old school style

DeletedUser

Hi, I have only been playing this game for the last month or so (so classed as Super noob I suppose) but thought I would stick my 2 pence worth in from thoughts gathered having read the posts.

These pre-made alliances you speak of, where players get together and decide to have basically an alliance ready before the start of a server, is not limited to this game. I have played a game called Travian for several years and the same sort of thing happens there. We tried one once by pre agreeing rules etc and even setting up an external forum, but it failed. Time was the issue. We had spent so much time dedicating ourselves to attempting to win the previous server (Travian has an end game for each Server) that by the time we were ready to go, time constraints in Real Life meant we went our separate ways, but other “super alliances” would always form on certain servers. Designed to give them a head start as players were ready to support and be recognised from the start of the server, but they do not always win. Other players would be fed up of their bullying ways and gang up on them, some would just set out to destroy the league of friends to prevent them dominating the end game, ironically, making themselves the bully and target for next time.

Any of these MMRPG games (I have tried several) stagnate as folks who play a lot find a formula that works and pass this on through guides or mentoring so that a lot of players know the formula. It sounds like some servers have been running for years and this does not help as the end is never in sight. The trick is accepting that the Pre-mades are inevitable because, as mentioned in a previous thread, they do not need this forum to make a pact as Skype or Facebook or other social media are just as easy to work with when arranging this. The idea of random dumping only works at the beginning as the Pre-mades will just agree to make their next cities closer to an agreed point. Limited Alliance sizes? Just means more pacts.

The trick is finding a better formula than they think they have and go for it.

DeletedUser39847

I think grep is definitely better without pre-made as it's the unknown of your surroundings and what type of players are noticing your city and plotting that gives the excitement and the occasional burst of paranoia.

This is what lures me to the game...i've had numerous accounts and i never join a pre-made. It's more fun and exciting that way. I do join alliances after alot of consideration though but usually small unknown ones...i like the challenge and the challenge of grep is what will keep it popular...and the satisfaction of 15 players taking out an M.R.A of 150 players :)

but there should be a cap on how many open worlds at one time....that forces more players into current worlds and that is where the fun begins :)

DeletedUser

Most of these players are babies no matter their age. Sad Thing is they make Premade's out of fear. Scared to take a Lose or just are but buddies.

DeletedUser

I hear many people say that Premades never win and 90% of the time i would agree with you but that is not the point, there is no 'Mystery,chance and unknown' anymore. Either a premade fails or completely destroys all competition to the point of 'Why bother playing' (Project venom and shadows fall for example)

So I want your input on the following

• Can a world exist without a premade?
  • Do you believe Grepolis is dependant on people mustering together before a world opens, rather than taking the old school approach of 'see what happens'?
and finally

• Do you want a world without Premade alliances?
Yes... No but mostly. And yes

DeletedUser

Quite wrong actually.. I've seen amazing players in premades. They would dominate even without premades