New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser31161

kinda cool. gonna take me a while to learn all the features though. i still dont understand the use of the god warrior guy though i am building some now. though the question i have is where is the reservation system.

overall- Good

DeletedUser

It looks better so far, though I haven't seen how it notifies you when you have new stuff because no one loves me.

I would like to see the ginormous "buy gold yay!" button go away if a person has already bought premium services though.

Edit: agree with Mr. P too about some sort of tutorial for the reservation system for alliance leaders that are dopes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31161

i do not see this buy gold today and i am using premium. maybe it is world specific. the thing i hate about updates is that lots of bugs fallow. but this update was worth it

DeletedUser

1. The attack and support windows now require scrolling between selection and execution (very difficult for timing) - this is caused by the new Divine Unit wrapping to the next line by itself extending the vertical height of the included data.

2. The ordering of Buildings in the Senate changed (was this intended) - should I update my spreadsheets/templates <-- This looks intended so it is what it is ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't like complaining too much...but personally I don't like it I just prefer the old layout. As for the potential reservation system, I don't think it is a step in the right direction. It discourages communication in the alliance forum, which is obviously very important if you want a successful alliance. But maybe I'm being pedantic...

DeletedUser31161

i believe the order of the building was changes as an update if you look into detail in the update post. i do not understand your first post though.

DeletedUser33654

New layout, = game not work in my PC in workplace ;p
win98 rulles xDD

DeletedUser

You can always trust Game developers to ruin a good thing. To "FIX" what was never broken or what players ever complained about. Specially when they themselves do NOT play the game on any kind on regular bases and are clueless as to how things actually work out for those who play for more than 10 minutes. Oh yes, their constant excuse/saying is: "Players asked for this and we provided" which is an OUT RIGHT LIE. Another sales pitch to try and sell their own stupid ideas on how things should work.

Thank You very much for stealing the bottom of our gaming screen, a much needed area for contests, with your so called Modernization of a poor interface. Plus making sure that the "Premium" Icon is the largest and takes up the most space. Well as you screw us, I say screw you..

For those who say: "If you don't like it leave" don;t worry I am. I am done with this BS that devs come up with. And for those devs who figure using Captcha is the only way to stop farm bots, here's a word to you. Anyone with 20 or more cities will use a farm bot to get them resources every 5 minutes. They will sit at their screen waiting for the captcha to keep that bot going while they are in game, or didn't you think of that? When they log off all they do is set their farming for extended hours through Premium Farming Village Screen.

DeletedUser

"Implementation of a new menu design - The main screen ingame has been reworked, giving a sleek new interface to Grepolis;"

I admit, I was fooled. I thought "new menu design" would mean a change in how it worked. This is merely a change in what it looks like. It's larger and uses icons instead of words. While this may be sleek and new, it seems to me an "improvement" aimed more at those too young to read and those too old to see clearly.

When I logged back in after the update, I was on my netbook. I was horrified to see that as much as 20% to 25% of what was available map space yesterday was taken up by the new menu and that it sticks around even when you scroll down, meaning that it's always sitting there in the way of the map. Now that I'm on my desktop computer with a larger screen, I merely find it no improvement, but on the smaller screen it's a definite downgrade.

Could we maybe get a checkbox in the settings menu to allow us old-fashioned types who would rather use our menus than look at them to go back to the quaint, antiquated menu we were using before? If you really want, you can change the font where it says "premium" to be twice as big as the other items, to reflect the weightings used in the new menu.

DeletedUser

I hate how the list of options are at the bottom instead of down the left - I have to move my city view screen to be able to see what they are or to view messages/ reports etc... Can't we have an option to put it back out of the way, where it's easy to access?

And couldn't you make this thread easier to find? It took ages for me to work out where it was!

Thane Badger

Phrourach
If the new menu bar is going to stay at the bottomyou need to redsign the city view and the message window so that you can see them all at the same time.

So now every time you open the city view you have to move the window to see if anyone has sent you a message or posted in your alliance forum.

What hits the nail on the head. Designers that don't play the game.

Anyone who played the game for 2 minutes would have spotted that flaw.

....on reflection, apart from the obvious flaw mentioned. It too big and takes up way too much of the screen and it's butt ugly as well.

Get rid of it and replace it with something the size of the troop window.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31277

I find the new version bad. Only the unit is okay. The wall should be before the temple, the cave before the marketplace.Also it is much better with the toolbox on the left than on the bottom.

DeletedUser

I don't like the menu placement. It takes up part of the screen I look at where I'd rather see the ocean or an island or what I would call the playing field.

Big mistake in my opinion. Would go back to the old menu if I were you.

DeletedUser23986

first of all, the godsent is .

Reservation system is good for big alliances.

But new layout, not very encouraging :( Premium icon oversized.

DeletedUser

Sorry but I don't like it. Firstly it takes up more space. Secondly it takes up more space in the worst possible place, smack bang at the bottom of the screen.

I have a widescreen laptop and this makes it feel like I am peeking through someone's letterbox.

I wouldn't mind if you just left it where it was and the same size but swapped the words for the nice looking buttons. It's just the size and location which I don't like.

It looks nice but it's impractical - please provide an option to change it back, or to move it to the side of the screen where it used to be.

Thanks for reading.

DeletedUser

Any chance to make it smaller?

It takes up a lot of the screen.. way over sized.. your taking screen space from the game.

You take enough space with the other bits stuck on the page now this....

Cant you give us more space not taking even more away from us..

Can we have a hide feature so we can hide it away...

Its tooooooooooooooooooooo big.

Not at all happy about this.. give us a hide button for it.

DeletedUser21784

uuuggghhh ... how ugly is that ... I don't like the look of the new menue bar. But ok... What makes me really angry is the place of the new menue bar at the bottom of the screen. It is stealing so much space! while on the left hand side of the screen there's useless space now.

I want the old menue bar back. Or at least an option to swith back to the old menue bar style and position. It was fine as it was before, why do you always have to change things that are working fine?

DeletedUser19042

I like the new user panel, one thing I don't like..the big button of gold in the middle. that's literally saying that you are only intrested in our money. So remove that button to something else, and then I'm happy.

The reservation thing doesn't work, but I think that still is to be added?

PS; don't like the godsent. It made the game much more intresting if you needed the same god to support.
But for the rest, no complaints here. :D