Rep'ing

DeletedUser6029

I do negative rep, but I do it usually when people are being just plain stupid. I don't do it for point of view (D&D) and I don't do it for spam (generally).

DeletedUser19042

I do negative rep, but I do it usually when people are being just plain stupid. I don't do it for point of view (D&D) and I don't do it for spam (generally).

Agree. I don't -rep a lot, unless people are really being stupid or complaining about things that aren't there.

DeletedUser

Its kind of funny - certain someone here in the pella forums seems convinced I've been giving them -rep so has returned the favor. Pretty silly to get into a back and forth battle over something as silly as rep though lol

TBH I'm rarely on here, and when I am the last thing i'm worried about is a little green bar below my name

DeletedUser35805

Its kind of funny - certain someone here in the pella forums seems convinced I've been giving them -rep so has returned the favor. Pretty silly to get into a back and forth battle over something as silly as rep though lol

Yes, a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) did the same to me, took me a while to get out of the red as their reping power was enormous....

DeletedUser6029

Yes, a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) did the same to me, took me a while to get out of the red as their reping power was enormous....

I have found that most of your neg rep bandits tend to target people they feel didn't deserve their rep...

DeletedUser

I have been known to rep harshly and generously. For example, I'm constantly -repping Thizzle (because he looks better with red bars) and mrpenguin (because he's cute like that). I will also usually -rep people if they count in my area.

Though I've been known to splash a lot of rep around, usually to spammers.

Rooster has a rep of around 100. I think it's 109 but I may be wrong as I got some rep around the same time.

DeletedUser

Meh. I don't rep too often. Only a few times in the last month really.
I have a rep power of 44... Not sure how it is worked out though. Seems a tad random :p

EDIT-

Register Date Factor- The number of reputation points that a user is able to give or take is dependant on several factors, with the length they have been registered as one of them. A user's power is first initialized at 1 and then this factor and the factors that follow are used to increase it. For example if you set this to 365, every 365 days that the user has been a member of your forum, they would gain one point. So if they have been a member for five years, they would gain 5 points of power for a total of 6.
Post Count Factor- The amount of posts that a user has can also affect their reputation power. Set this to number of posts that you want to award one point for. For example, set this to 50 and for a user with 500 posts, they would gain 10 points of power.
Reputation Point Factor- The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.

So it's what ever Tyrion has set those things out that determines it.

Last edited by a moderator: