Grepolis United: Videocasts Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

When are we going to see you in one of those vids, Richard?? :p I loved it, cant wait till the WW re-vamp, please do that first lol.

DeletedUser25073

All that was mentioned in the video cast sounds great! Am looking forward to all of it.

I would like to see though a few things upgraded...

1. The current quest "rewards"... Particularly those involving troops. If its a REWARD for accomplishing something? Why does population get subtracted when you get them!??? Not good!

2. Artemis should be introduced into all worlds/realms!!! And additional Gods and Goddesses (along with new myth units for each) be introduced into the game! A limit of 5 (6 in Hero worlds) is not nearly enough!

3. A reduction of time for structures, troops and research needs to be implemented!

4. Make it possible for players to chose exactly where they want their city to be located on the map!

DeletedUser20468

I agree. I play grepo just as long.
I would love a lot of these new features, but I think the Hero stuff is not good. It will ruin the game

Hero idea, will kill this game as far as veterans are concerned.
Why do we have to copy other games, when Grepo is so unique without these gimmicks !
If it aint broke don't fix it :)
Chev.

DeletedUser

AWAY WITH HEROES!

Veteran players don't want them as far as i've seen on these forums (correct me if im wrong) but the posts that I have seen all point out heroes as a bad idea or they are concerned.

It is copying many other strategy games which involve heroes which generally aren't very good & which is why I came to Grepolis- I didn't need to worry about heroes/specific leaders- I just want to command my army without all this :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6029

hahaha, this is so reminiscent of the 2.o comments. There are more than just 3 pages of veteran players haunting this forum...Beta is a still active as are a few of the 1.0 worlds. that is at least 900 people, and so far these threads have totaled 3 pages....the math isn't adding up, or is it my USA conversion from the metric system faulty?

DeletedUser

I think this is a major improvement of the game. I'm really looking forward to all of these new features.
But i hope the balancing of units will be better and also i hope the heroes aren't very hard to figure out or , maybe a tutorial for the new features would be good

DeletedUser

Well it seems from the people that actually post on these forums- most don't seem to like the idea of heroes or are skeptical, just look through the comments on both threads.

I just dont see it doing anything other than wrecking the game.

DeletedUser6029

Well it seems from the people that actually post on these forums- most don't seem to like the idea of heroes or are skeptical, just look through the comments on both threads.

I just dont see it doing anything other than wrecking the game.
Well to give you an idea...and if you are as old as you say, you should remember this as well. When they went from 1.0 to 2.0 you had the nay sayers screaming on the forums as well, using similar arguments to what you are using. So they broke down and polled the actual game. The game poll came back with the majority in favor of the upcoming changes. Just saying becareful about getting into that mentality, because it makes you resentful of Innogames when in actuality it is misguided.

DeletedUser

Also, i don't get why people are so against them.
They know nothing about them at all. (Apart from that you can level them).

Don't hate on it until you know enough about it to make a proper judgement.

DeletedUser

correct me if im wrong, but this is one of the mostt significant changes as far as the outcome of battle's that we will see (because I imagine they will have more influence on the battlefield than myth units)

& as most games work- they will most likely allow you to level your hero through the use of a buying gold- its just so many other strategy games use this hero method & none are as popular as grepolis and many of them allow premium users to be completely overpowered ruining it for players that spend some on occasion or don't pay at all.

I will hate on this from the very beginning because it is no different than what other games are trying to throw around- no I do not want these "heroes" & it will be interesting to see what people think of it when it comes out & ruins the game for veterans.

Also with the coming of inventory as well, im assuming eventually we will turn into one of those strategy games that allows you to earn some sort of equipment to put on your hero to give them an advantage on the battlefield, I see nothing good coming for this other than the destruction of the game that I enjoy a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

correct me if im wrong, but this is one of the mostt significant changes as far as the outcome of battle's that we will see (because I imagine they will have more influence on the battlefield than myth units)
The heroes will have a lot of impact, but it will still be a valid option to start a fight without using heroes. It's not as if heroes make or break a battle, but they sure do increase your odds (if you use them wisely). ;)

& as most games work- they will most likely allow you to level your hero through the use of a buying gold
Nope! You will level your heroes through inGame means ONLY. There might be experience point boosters for gold, but even if, they will be pretty weak (even lower than 50%) and cheap to obtain.

I will hate on this from the very beginning because it is no different than what other games are trying to throw around- no I do not want these "heroes" & it will be interesting to see what people think of it when it comes out & ruins the game for veterans.
Please don't throw around wrong assumptions. We will do our best to balance the game for new and existing players when introducing the heroes. So just have some faith in my work as a game designer. ;)

Also with the coming of inventory as well, im assuming eventually we will turn into one of those strategy games that allows you to earn some sort of equipment to put on your hero to give them an advantage on the battlefield, I see nothing good coming for this other than the destruction of the game that I enjoy a lot.
There are no items planned for heroes. We want to keep this feature as simple as possible. Having equippable items would just add to the complexity and it wouldn't really be Grepolis styled gameplay.

DeletedUser

I have nothing against you, however I don't see this whole hero aspect staying as simple as you claim- I don't like the idea of having to level a character & have to keep up with it when i'd rather just launch my troops & take cities.

This is a bad turn for Grepolis in my opinion- there are much better ideas that could be put in here to make the game more interesting (if that's even possible)

Sorry but I have 0 interest in this hero stuff, I am confident with a poll on this- more players would be against it than for it.

DeletedUser

& as most games work- they will most likely allow you to level your hero through the use of a buying gold- its just so many other strategy games use this hero method & none are as popular as grepolis and many of them allow premium users to be completely overpowered ruining it for players that spend some on occasion or don't pay at all.

One of the few bits of information that we do know is that they will be levelled up with a new currency that you get from competing island quests, not gold.

DeletedUser

One of the few bits of information that we do know is that they will be levelled up with a new currency that you get from competing island quests, not gold.

I wasn't saying just leveled up with gold- I was saying the COULD be, as in there may be a button as in speed up troops that allows you to level them up quicker, which he confirmed above.

DeletedUser

I wasn't saying just leveled up with gold- I was saying the COULD be, as in there may be a button as in speed up troops that allows you to level them up quicker, which he confirmed above.

Well, there will be a major difference, as boosters work differently than i.e. recruit speed reduction:
A booster will apply additional experience points whenever you level your hero through common means. So gold will not be used alternatively to level your hero, but may increase the speed in which you gain XP.

But this is not set in stone as of now.

I will try to provide you with some more information prior to releasing the hero feature. Because I am interested in feedback myself. ;)

DeletedUser

i have a couple a questions about the trades. first is, is there a limited number of people you can build trade relations with and if you don't want to do that can you still trade in the market like you do now?

DeletedUser6029

Nope! You will level your heroes through inGame means ONLY. There might be experience point boosters for gold, but even if, they will be pretty weak (even lower than 50%) and cheap to obtain.
Is this going to be on a pay per use platform then?

DeletedUser

i have a couple a questions about the trades. first is, is there a limited number of people you can build trade relations with and if you don't want to do that can you still trade in the market like you do now?
As mentioned in the roadmap announcement, there is a maximum of 5 active trade relations at any given time.
Also, trade relations don't really have to do with trading resources. You set up a trade relation with a player and then unlock benefits for it over time. There is a little twist to it, but you will receive some more and detailed information soon.
What I can say is this: The attached rewards for having a trade relation are individual and you choose what kind of benefits you get from a trade relation. Also, the rewards will scale over time, so the feature is really nice for new players and older accounts as well.
:)

Is this going to be on a pay per use platform then?
It will rather work like the advisors. You buy the service for a certain time and as long as the service is active, you get the bonus! :)#

But once again, this is not 100% sure yet.

DeletedUser3613

What about the flying horse poop !! Wont somebody please think of the children.

DeletedUser6029

Daz ~
You trying to compete with Dinner? Give it up, the rooster will forever rock at this :p