Grepolis United: Videocasts Discussion Thread

DeletedUser26213

Just a point I want to make, the .zz Beta Grepolis server is for everyone who plays Grepolis, not just .en, and it makes it very hard for me, a non-German speaker, to understand the new features that are written in German (like Grepolympics) and also hard to communicate with people on the server, since the majority of them do not or speak very little English. Is there a possibility in the future to somehow have people who speak different languages on different servers?

DeletedUser6029

Just a point I want to make, the .zz Beta Grepolis server is for everyone who plays Grepolis, not just .en, and it makes it very hard for me, a non-German speaker, to understand the new features that are written in German (like Grepolympics) and also hard to communicate with people on the server, since the majority of them do not or speak very little English. Is there a possibility in the future to somehow have people who speak different languages on different servers?

This already exists...or maybe I am misunderstanding your question.

DeletedUser

to the new changes

:cool:
Could not resist....

v4pk04.png
l think they will be great changes to game and l hope they work for me:)

DeletedUser

Hero's:

*it whould be nice if those hero's can gain skill points, for completing certain quests

for example:
+ 1 skill point can be used on, choose between, +1 attack for hops, +1 blunt defense for hops
+ 3 skill points can be used on, 3% of the hops who died in the attack, return to there original city alive

also it whould be nice, that your hero, can join attacks, but when it dies it will always return to the city and also that you can let your hero travel between your city's
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but then i do see a problem if you are able to take your hero's with you to a new world, new players will be in disadvantage

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway i like the hero's idea very much

DeletedUser

Seems we must keep to ourselves if we dislike the ideas that the Grepolis team has, I applaud the team for their great work on many other things- however no, I don't support the upcoming hero's idea.

The de-rep by a staff member who's reasoning is "come to like the changes or leave, either way your complaints won't go far"- Sapphire Sorrows

I thought you liked the feedback that is given by the players? or is it JUST the positive feedback :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Strategos
Having read the rep comment left, I would like to point out that the person repping you did so in a speculative manner to your reactions of the changes. The way you have pasted it implies it is an instruction.

We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative alike. I have actually just finished writing this community's feedback to Inno, and trust me, it is not just the positive I have passed on.

DeletedUser

I don't think it matters which way you read it, telling me my "complaining" wont do much, rather my opinion doesn't matter does not seem to me like common practice for staff- unless I am mistaken & this happens quite often.

I don't think that people supposed to be recording feedback & keeping an eye out for rule breakers should be de-repping over an opinion & discouraging me from posting

Disappointing.

(im sure I will get the forum crusaders-who will stop at nothing to defend all staff- or rather a group of staff to de-rep me for this) :D

DeletedUser6029

Actually Richard,
I will agree with him on this. He makes a valid point...just saying.
I -rep'd him for bring his beef to the forum, but I do happen to think if he was -rep'd by a mod and told to stop complaining, by a mod, he is in the right....

Mods are held to a higher standard and should never -rep for an opinion.
I remember I had a titan -rep me for -reping her, in a retaliation way...which goes against everything you guys preach about rep. So I get the double standard issue. Now I don't have a clue who did this, but I am just saying maybe mods should understand they ARE held to a different standard. You know how I feel about this.

Part of the reason I dislike one of your titans so much still is because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE double standards.

DeletedUser

Hero's:

*it whould be nice if those hero's can gain skill points, for completing certain quests

for example:
+ 1 skill point can be used on, choose between, +1 attack for hops, +1 blunt defense for hops
+ 3 skill points can be used on, 3% of the hops who died in the attack, return to there original city alive

also it whould be nice, that your hero, can join attacks, but when it dies it will always return to the city and also that you can let your hero travel between your city's

but then i do see a problem if you are able to take your hero's with you to a new world, new players will be in disadvantage

anyway i like the hero's idea very much

I think the part about the heroes continuing on to the other worlds would be an encouragement to continue playing/complete quests/etc. (Goodness dom, you've really been raging lately :eek:)

Richard

Strategos
I don't think it matters which way you read it, telling me my "complaining" wont do much, rather my opinion doesn't matter does not seem to me like common practice for staff- unless I am mistaken & this happens quite often.

I don't think that people supposed to be recording feedback & keeping an eye out for rule breakers should be de-repping over an opinion & discouraging me from posting

Disappointing.

(im sure I will get the forum crusaders-who will stop at nothing to defend all staff- or rather a group of staff to de-rep me for this) :D
On the contrary, I agree with you. I was merely pointing out that you posted it in a manner which implied that they were telling you to stop complaining, or leave, which isn't really the case based on the rep given. The entire comment reads differently to the part you quoted.

I'll speak to my team. We need to all be on side here, or this excerise is frivolous.

DeletedUser

(Breaks in the ranks of the mods :eek:) Anyways, was all the mentioned upcoming features the only ones or are there some more, unmentioned features as well?

DeletedUser

Would love to play with the suggested changes..even the heroes.
Grepolis in its traditional form
has become too predictable and routine to hold interest for the 2 years it takes to reach world wonders

DeletedUser

I think we've all waited a long time for changes to certain things, I've personally been playing since Iota and have enjoyed every min of the game, and seen numerous posts for Inno to let players feel more involved.This is that chance we've all been waiting for, I realise some of you are worried about some of the new changes but my point is...
Changes and new features can't destroy a game which is so good, please try to reserve judgement on new features until you have tried them.

Personally I'm looking forward to the changes, in particular the world wonders and rebalancing changes.
On the point of heroes it is an extra feature added to an already great game which will hopefully improve the choice of strategy involved in fighting, now I'm not an original grepolis player but have played since before 2.0 and I really don't think that they will spoil the game.

IMO the reason some other online games aren't as good as grepolis is because not enough time and effort has been put into their making, not because they have heroes or other features which up until now grepolis hasn't had, and I've played a LOT of online games before finding grepolis.

DeletedUser

can grepolis team pls make a new hero world....or a world with bulding speed 3 and unit speed 2 ...conquer system conquest and with only 30 to 40 alliance member limit.....

DeletedUser6029

Well it seems from the people that actually post on these forums- most don't seem to like the idea of heroes or are skeptical, just look through the comments on both threads.

I just dont see it doing anything other than wrecking the game.
Something popped up today that I found interesting. Sadly it totally nullifies your above claim.
the few people who have spoken against do not in any way shape or form even begin to constitute a majority. Not even a large minority. The few people here actually might account for a scratch of a gnat.
Grepolis
By the Gods: another milestone has been reached! Grepolis now has over 20 Million registered players worldwide! We are extremely happy and we would like to address you a huge thank you for playing the game and making this possible.

DeletedUser

well if you read carefully, I said the majority of players posting in the forums (on these threads) :)

DeletedUser6029

well if you read carefully, I said the majority of players posting in the forums (on these threads) :)
You think Inno makes decisions based on those who post in the forums?
Let me sell you some beach front land in Kentucky....

DeletedUser

20 million registered players.... 19.5 million of those have quit after a day.