Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

The whole thing that appealed to me about Grepolis in the first place was the balance between those who spend gold and those who don't, it was fair. Now I believe the balance is disproportionate.

In speed 3 servers you get 'pro gamers' who might enjoy this.

In speed 1 servers, which I believe should be more suited to the casual gamer, it now means that gold spenders can come in and mop up easy pickings.

Inno, please re-think, especially for speed 1 servers. There are plenty of other free games around.

DeletedUser

I thought there was going to be a limit on the number of times you can use it? i have just used it 4 times now in the same day

DeletedUser

One time per level.
I.e. I couldn't keep using it to make one building cost virtually nothing.

DeletedUser

how about a vote on this new cost construction feature?

yeah, i know innogames has already installed it and that their decision is final, but judging from these posts in this topic i see a lot of unhappy faces

if inno makes more stuff similar to this then players will seek new browser games to play which is bad for business right inno?

DeletedUser

Had this issue with 2.0.

How many players play in grepolis? Apparently 20M.
How many people are on all the various forums? Maybe 20k... Tops.

That's 1% of the total player population... Assuming everyone voted.

So, a poll would hardly be a fair representation :p

DeletedUser25249

I still believe buying slots is the worst part for me, i see guys with half the bp with 20-30 more towns.... that's a definite advantage.
So being able to buy slots here and there is stupid
:pro:

DeletedUser

They could be doing city festivals... Not necessarily using gold, just resources.

DeletedUser25249

Yeah i know that, but having 2 options now to buy slots is a little over the top i think.

Edit;only now you dont need a level 30 academy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Would it be too much to ask if they could add an option to enable/disable the cost reduction buttons? I don't think adding that option would result in money loss for innogames and it would make a couple of people happy i bet. Removing the option entirely would make more people happy. More happy people = more money for inno :cool:

DeletedUser

now that he mentioned players with points/bp ratio...

ok i am a player who is based on running victory processions and am using all my resources into making units and i'm a top attacker in 1 server and was a top attacker in the other for more than a year straight... and i couldn't even reach 50th position on the point chart despite having all of my slots full. we can easily conclude that players who run city festivals grow faster than fighting players who run victory processions and this new construction cost reduction is only making it better for themselves because now they will have more resources to spend on city festivals because fighting players will have their buildings built in the late stages of the server, and this new feature won't be of any importance to them because they will use the same amounts of resources for their units unlike simming players who will have some extra resources

there were times when this game was more of a fighting game, but all the new stuff is making improvement for simming

DeletedUser

Yeah i know that, but having 2 options now to buy slots is a little over the top i think.

Edit;only now you dont need a level 30 academy
What are you on about? Are you making the point that people will have more resources to spend on buying CPs instead of getting them through BP?

Would it be too much to ask if they could add an option to enable/disable the cost reduction buttons? I don't think adding that option would result in money loss for innogames and it would make a couple of people happy i bet. Removing the option entirely would make more people happy. More happy people = more money for inno :cool:
It is a good idea, i'd post it in in the ideas section. :)

DeletedUser22708

Sounds good thomas. I also agree with Storm's post, that's why for me the BP rankings says a lot more about a player's skills than the point ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25249

Im on about buying slots with gold, very simple
buy slots in agora with olympic games buy slots in inventory.

DeletedUser

Im on about buying slots with gold, very simple
buy slots in agora with olympic games buy slots in inventory.

Ok then, what does this have to do with the resource reduction feature? :p

The inventory is a great feature, 5 slots for free... It isn't like they are charging you to use it, simply if you wish to take advantage of the additional slots. Buying CP is something that you have been able to do from the start of the game. Why complain about it now?

DeletedUser25249

Never mind, thought this was the place to make your voice heard, obviously im wrong

DeletedUser

cost Reduction

I feel that there should be a way to turn it off if u do not plan to use it.

I also feel that the gold prices are too high, 25 per use,

I feel that there would be more people buying it if they reduced back to the original price of 20/use

Premium users do have some what of an advantage but I have come to the conclusion that it is necessary to play the game. Just like other games that require a monthly fee to play, the same like purchasing gold

I like the idea of a non premium world for all those that do not use the premium feature. but an overall reduction in building times should be in place, to build 108 slingers and it takes 31 hours, that is not feasible.

DeletedUser345

Never mind, thought this was the place to make your voice heard, obviously im wrong

Don't mind oracles they're always cranky, but what is the point you are exactly trying to make, Olympic games has been a feature in the game since the start albeit at 5 days rather than 1 in running time however again that was along time ago. So what thomas is trying to say is what relevance does that have to the recent update. His other point is that with the inventory you are getting 5 slots free which is more than you got when there was no feature, in my mind i'll only probably need to use 3 slots at a time.

Lastly don't get too annoyed, just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they are trying to oppress you.

Hope that makes things clearer,
~Achilles

DeletedUser345

And they always defend Inno anyway they can! It's understandable though, It comes with the job description...

I don't think so, there are plenty of non-mods who will also defend inno, in my mind if I disagree I'll say I disagree, as with this feature, and if I agree then I'll give them some praise. Certainly I've never felt or seen a mod under any obligation to support inno and have seen plenty state there disapproval, just with less vehemence than some non-mods.

DeletedUser25249

Well im an idiot lol...when i scrolled over i just seen add new slot and assumed it was for a city slot.:eek:

my apologies