Inactive Topic Multi-world messages

DeletedUser

Proposal: The ability to send messages from one world to another world.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? As much as I could see haven't found anything like it.

Reason: I don't think this is really necessary, but it could be useful when lets say a founder of an alliance goes inactive on one world because he starts playing another one, and then to give him notice about the status of the alliance or something else you could just do it with a push of a button. Again, not necessary, but could help.

Details: Well I guess its pretty self-explanatory xD

Balance: Biggest problem: more spam!

Summary: It would be really helpful in certain situations (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

meh, I'm not up for this. We already get enough spam mails per world, imagine this could happen server-wide.
This is a no for me.

J

DeletedUser25380

This is a great idea in my opinion. We played for 2 years in psi and in some occasions, people with specific roles were leaving and playing in other worlds, and not setting VM. This was so critical during the WW race - fortunately the enemy didn't realize how close to danger we had been sometimes, all due to poor players. We even at times had people create accounts in other worlds just to send a PM. This would remove that, so less ghosting cities. It won't remove the fact that some feel it is OK to leave without saying a word, but at least we would be able to also let their new alliance know how they play if we wished too ;) so I think it would be a little incentive to players to reduce world jumping as well.
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying, in no way am I saying we should force players to stay in a world, everyone chooses. What really bugged me are the players who were in the main alliance, had cities on WW that they weren't defending, were not even logging in for a few seconds to ensure they were not attacked, obviously were neither filling the wonders nor accelerating nor helpig defend or attack the enemy alliance's wonders, but were quite happy to stay here until we win the final round, taking a spot from others, and were playing in other worlds. This was so upsetting that I stopped playing grepolis actually, and a number of players and leaders in our alliance were very upset too. Again, this won't change the players, but might be a bit of an incentive to be more decent and at least say a word...

DeletedUser

This is a great idea in my opinion. We played for 2 years in psi and in some occasions, people with specific roles were leaving and playing in other worlds, and not setting VM. This was so critical during the WW race - fortunately the enemy didn't realize how close to danger we had been sometimes, all due to poor players. We even at times had people create accounts in other worlds just to send a PM. This would remove that, so less ghosting cities. It won't remove the fact that some feel it is OK to leave without saying a word, but at least we would be able to also let their new alliance know how they play if we wished too ;) so I think it would be a little incentive to players to reduce world jumping as well.
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying, in no way am I saying we should force players to stay in a world, everyone chooses. What really bugged me are the players who were in the main alliance, had cities on WW that they weren't defending, were not even logging in for a few seconds to ensure they were not attacked, obviously were neither filling the wonders nor accelerating nor helpig defend or attack the enemy alliance's wonders, but were quite happy to stay here until we win the final round, taking a spot from others, and were playing in other worlds. This was so upsetting that I stopped playing grepolis actually, and a number of players and leaders in our alliance were very upset too. Again, this won't change the players, but might be a bit of an incentive to be more decent and at least say a word...

Thanks :) I had the same problems too, which is exactly why I made this thread.