Hello

DeletedUser

Nice to see a few people still playing from the beginning..

Can some one fill me in on what happend with TG and TW in the early days my mind is completely blank.

DeletedUser

Nice to see a few people still playing from the beginning..

Can some one fill me in on what happend with TG and TW in the early days my mind is completely blank.

In short, TW won.

TG went through a series of mergers / name changes TG -> Synergy -> The Agoge System. For simplicity's sake when I say TG it could be referring to anyone of these iterations.

TW kicked TG out of O45. levache, and other bignames at TG quit. TW ramped up efforts in O44 and eventually overtook TG's (now synergy) territory in that ocean. At this same time a lot of players in every alliance were going innactive... lots of TG ghost towns. A few remaining TG players in lower O44 were recruited in TW-S.

At this juncture TW-S is at war with the agoge system - their core ocean was o55. TW-S coordinated mass strikes against less active (read: weaker) members of the agoge system that shared an island with their largest and best player, the_wasp.

once we had forward bases established on the_wasp's islands, it was incredibly easy to catch his fleets in harbour. get a town on his island (he'd have like 4 cities or more per island) cast patroness on your new town, and then send 1 attacker each to the nearby towns... of course these attackers would die, but they'd get a free (well 1 soldiers worth of resources) spy of whatever was in the harbour. This pressure directly resulted in the_wasp's resignation from the game. Without wasp's leadership / aggression the agoge system eventually lost o55.

TW now has a very strong presence in the center of the world. o34, o35, o36, o44, o45, o46, o54, o55, o56 are all dominated by TW or her allies.

World Wonders get introduced. TW managed to beat out every other alliance in building the wonders - I know at one point TW controlled all 7 of the WW, though I'm not sure how long we held on to them, as i had to quit when we only controlled 4/7

-------------

oh you wanted what happened to TW / TG in the early days? i believe there was a NAP in place between the two alliances, recognizing TW as the ultimate threat, TG backed out of the NAP and tried to league together with much lesser alliances to take down TW. Good battles ensued, TW won.