Island Quests Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

In answer to an earlier question: Yes you can get BP points
- example when your city is attacked in one of the quests, send all troops out and activate Militia when the attack arrives you gain the BP of the attacking force.

DeletedUser

Quests

your wrong that doesn't work either

hi, what can i do...i cannot claim my quests..when i click on them not all of the page comes up to enable me to claim them..an one have an answer..?

DeletedUser

Do you mean claim the rewards?
Or accept a quest?

Remember that you can only have 4 active quests at the same time. If you accepted 4 quests, you would either have to complete them and claim the reward before being able to accept a new quest, or you could wait for them to expire.

If the issue is with claiming the reward, are you sure you have met all of the requirements for the quest? If so, post this in the bugs section please. :)

DeletedUser

The chariot tournament Island Quest

With regards to this island quest ... the Accelerated Construction Buff applies only to the buildings that you will start to build during the designated time ... or will it accelerate the construction for the already in construction buildings too when applied?

DeletedUser

It will apply only to new buildings. Not those that are already in the queue.

DeletedUser

How come defence spells is way more common than attack spells? Think before you answer please...

DeletedUser

Why can't we use myth units for those supporting quests?

Because the Quest itself is handled like a village or town. And myth units can only support towns that have the corresponding god. Since those fictive towns (quests) don't have a temple, you cannot use any myth units.

DeletedUser

No answer on this? How come?

It may be that right now, some rewards are more common than others. If we see the need to change this balance, we will add more quests which have other rewards more often. We aim to release new Island Quests on a regular basis.

Petrilo

Phrourach
A question about 'Improved attack' spell - bonus applies to only land troops or on any attack sent from the city where spell is active?

edit: While we are at it... 'Improved defense' - bonus applies only to ground troops or to ships as well?

Last edited:

DeletedUser345

A question about 'Improved attack' spell - bonus applies to only land troops or on any attack sent from the city where spell is active?

edit: While we are at it... 'Improved defense' - bonus applies only to ground troops or to ships as well?

They apply for all troops.

DeletedUser

how many island quest do we get in a day? or how does it work? coz i get like 1-2 each day

DeletedUser38161

They work off a point scale Gouenji. If you have <10k points you get 1 quest per 2 hours, between 10000 and 50000 it's every 3 hours and over 50k is's every 4 hours. This is changing though to 2/4/8 hour waits based upon points in order to limit the number of bonuses larger players can get over the course of a day.

DeletedUser

I'm not certain you intended this, but the dispatch troops island quests in many circumstances, are a great way to park troops and leave them invulnerable to other player actions. For example one that requires you to dispatch 50 units. For that, I dispatch all my offensive troops from a city and leave them there perfectly safe for as long as I wish, because it is up to the player to choose when they accept the award. In reality, I could leave them there forever, as long as I didn't lose the city. They are like the "Free Parking" space on a Monopoly game board.

Before a newb takes this wrong, I doubt you'll be able to accept the award if someone parks a CS in your city. So use wisely.

DeletedUser

I still think these need a lot of tweaking to be any good.

1. A comparison loop that insures the same quest won't be repeated until 4 or 6 other quests have been offered. It is infuriating when the same quest appears 3 out of 4 times. The rewards offered become pointless.

2. The 'threat from outside' quest should not appear until a player has a minimum points. I have had it appear as the second quest offered at a time when I cannot complete it.

3. The 'battle of the merchants' quest needs to be reworked. The rewards are minimal compared to the costs, certainly in the early game.

4. Any reward that requires a 5 hour wait should be reviewed. These take forever and slow the spawning of other quests which is a disadvantage.

The 'brothel' could be changed to a tavern as is what appears on the fr server. I found that amusing culturally. I also discovered that I could not name my city 'Sodom' on the fr server, a city name I now use regularly since I am require to build so many brothels :)

With quests spawning at a rate of every 2 hours, quests that cannot be completed or that take a long time to complete are really a disadvantage to the unlucky player. The 'opportunity cost' as we say in the business world is huge as you miss out on 2-6 additional quests that might actually provide you advantages that other players are getting.

Personally I think the improved attack and defense rewards should be scrapped as they seriously unbalance the game.

DeletedUser41659

The amount of troops you get from the quests is astronomical compared to the costs, I just paid like 200 silver for 24 hoplites lol

DeletedUser36723

are the quests still working, i havent had one on my island(s), for more than 3 days. and this is happening in two different worlds that i am in