Inactive Topic Undo Spells

DeletedUser26631

Proposal:
Have the ability to undo time lasting spells.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No I didn't

Reason:
Sometimes I really need some silver and I try to cast Treasures of the Underworld, but my mouse often slips and clicks City Protection, if you guys could implement this simple idea, undoing spells, it would be awesome

Details:
It should be located next to the favor cap, and whatever spell is undone, you receive 1/4 of your favor back, but you only have the ability to undo the spell the first 5 minutes time it is casted so people don't do last minute spell undo to cheat favor.

?Times per month: 5?

Visual Aids:
Anyone

Balance:
Won't affect anything

Abuse Prevention:
How?

Summary:
Awesome time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Abuse would come from timed removal of a city protection spell, a bunch of allies cast troop spells at the city, then a new city protection is cast. It could be repeated as new allies log in and see the calls for support.

DeletedUser

I don't like this idea. Reasons given above.

No favor back won't go over well either, I'm afraid.

Abuse would be a huge deal.

If we could cap the amount of times you retracted a spell and put no favor getting back..maybe I'd somewhat understand.

DeletedUser

Make all the favor reimbursable. Let the time to cancel the spell be 10 seconds. Any spell should be cancel-able like it never was cast in the first place. I'm thinking that there might be server load because of this, but Im not a computer person!

Just my 2C

DeletedUser30490

Abuse would come from timed removal of a city protection spell, a bunch of allies cast troop spells at the city, then a new city protection is cast. It could be repeated as new allies log in and see the calls for support.

No because of this^^^

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind being able to cancel a spell for example call of the ocean or pop growth i occasionally miss click and it is put on the wrong city. I think if you were able to cancel it in say the first minute and get the favor back would minimise abuse potential. Its still there but its limited.

DeletedUser26631

now if you read it, this would just blow up all of your athena favor

Varun

Strategos
Well, a time cap could be placed. Let's make it something like only five reverts or revokes per 3 months or something like that. This is true for all members including premium.

DeletedUser

Time cap: 10 seconds. Effect: basically an undo button.
Cannot be used on Athena's city protection

Varun

Strategos

Ten seconds is too less. And you got to set a cap for the number of times it can be done in a month or in a year for all member whether premium or not.

Varun

Strategos
Time cap: 5 minutes
Per year: 160 times

160 times??? That's 13.33 times a month. That's too much. How about 60 times a year? I mean this 160 times cap will make people a bit more careless. The 60 times a year or 5 times a month, will keep, how to say, people on their toes.

DeletedUser26631

cp is exactly why i had this idea, the other day i wanted some silver, but stupid me clicked on cp XO

DeletedUser

cp is exactly why i had this idea, the other day i wanted some silver, but stupid me clicked on cp XO

Oh man, if I had an apple for every time that had happened during my Grepolis career. I could afford to not see the doctor for years!

DeletedUser

HEY I know! Lets keep it undo-able only if city protection did not block any incoming spell. And I want the time cap @15 seconds.
Seriously, how long would it take to click the undo button?

DeletedUser39031

Sometimes I really need some silver and I try to cast Treasures of the Underworld, but my mouse often slips and clicks City Protection, if you guys could implement this simple idea, undoing spells, it would be awesome

You would still be able to cast the treasures of the underworld, no? Unless in the last update they swapped City Protection from Athena to Hades...

Anyhow, I don't see how it's a problem. If you cast the wrong spell it's your problem. Adding to my confusion, if you cast city protection, you can still cast another spell in some cases two. You could easily fit the highest favor spells 1 of each.