Grepolis United: Videocasts Discussion Thread 2

DeletedUser36146

So many bad things about this its ridiculous.

1] This is not going to be a new "feature" - its going to be a total gamechanger

2] The respawn time of heroes is 13 hrs (12+1) reducable with gold to 2.5 hrs -
an attacking city takes approx 4 days to rebuild and an LS nuke about a week.
Please explain how this is "fair"

3] The increasing defensive bias has been already well covered (though - luck has to be added to)

4] Rather than giving the small players a chance to grow - we now have to kill them off early in case they have a lvl 20 hero offworld
increasing the Beginners Protection would have been a betterway forward

5] Antitiming needs to be increased not decreased or done away with

6] The offworld heroes should be done away with altogether

7] Morale worlds will suddenly become even more unpopular and the revolt worlds wil be radically affected because of the 12 hr seige vs respawn heroes time

8] Most cs take longer than 1 hr to reach their target so every simulator has to include a leonides hero (just in case)
Making simulating and planning a bit of a joke and not what you would expect in a strategy game

Im sure theres more I can think of.

In conclusion this "could" have been a good idea
but its gathered so much momentum since its concept that its now spiralling out of control

DeletedUser

Is this 100% FREE feature, or not??? Sorry, my english is bad

DeletedUser

I think the video was good, im looking forward to the heroes!:D

DeletedUser23986

4] Rather than giving the small players a chance to grow - we now have to kill them off early in case they have a lvl 20 hero offworld
increasing the Beginners Protection would have been a betterway forward

5] Antitiming needs to be increased not decreased or done away with

6] The offworld heroes should be done away with altogether

7] Morale worlds will suddenly become even more unpopular and the revolt worlds wil be radically affected because of the 12 hr seige vs respawn heroes time

8] Most cs take longer than 1 hr to reach their target so every simulator has to include a leonides hero (just in case)
Making simulating and planning a bit of a joke and not what you would expect in a strategy game

4,5,6.) I belive it was you, who was strictly against "please the noobs culture"

6.)WHy not? Why should long term players not be rewarded for their work.

8.)All heroes will be in simulator.

DeletedUser

Complete game changer, not a fan but seems it is already set in stone.

DeletedUser

Cannot watch Video

MzZW0JE.png
Hello all,

This thread is for discussing the videocasts posted here. Specifically, this is for discussing the Heroes videocast we released today!

Thanks!

Richard
An American working in China leaves me at a disadvantage. Especially when the govt thinks I use this game to take down the Chinese government. So I cannot watch your video, so sorry for posting a complaining post.

DeletedUser36146

4,5,6.) I belive it was you, who was strictly against "please the noobs culture"

6.)WHy not? Why should long term players not be rewarded for their work.

8.)All heroes will be in simulator.

45&6 yes and I still am. Theres a big difference between wanting to help them survive and learn to become better players
and changing the existing rules because a few moan or as is more often the case simply not prepared to read (wiki/guides/forums etc)
The modern Inno culture I am referring to is anything that stops anyone losing anything.
Even if you attack and lose with a hero - its only wounded

7] I have nothing against long term players being rewarded for their efforts. I do however feel that this is a BIG step in increasing what should be a more even playing field. If we accept the premis that a lvl 20 hero will make a big difference to a players chances of being successful at least early on then the gap IMO between 2 starters in a world - one new one older with 5 X10 offworld lvl 20 heroes is ridiculous.

8] yes they will but to some extent it renders it impotent as you will always have to allow for them from 2 cities up

Some additional points

Does anyone know how BP is going to be calculated if you kill one as they have no pop.

Again only my opinion but it might balance things a bit more if once they were killed you had to start from lvl1 again
as the you can have them back in 1.5 hrs with gold (and we know why) rather defeats the object of struggling to kill them in the first place

DeletedUser23986

7] I have nothing against long term players being rewarded for their efforts. I do however feel that this is a BIG step in increasing what should be a more even playing field. If we accept the premis that a lvl 20 hero will make a big difference to a players chances of being successful at least early on then the gap IMO between 2 starters in a world - one new one older with 5 X10 offworld lvl 20 heroes is ridiculous.
All players will only only have 1 hero slot in each world. As per the devblog, al players will be given a lvl20 hero in the start. So it won't be that big game changer. Od players will ahve choice to choose between heroes, while new ones won't, that is the only thing. Okay, i accept after 7-8 days old players can get 2 lvl 20 heroes, but then, its not so much unbalanced.

DeletedUser11508

As anyone noticed how those French pronounce the word 'Heros' like Euros - LOL