Rejected Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8790

Wow just realized this is yet another good reason to bring artemis to the real worlds, Then you can fake attack their alarms all day long!

DeletedUser

I always wonder why it was introduced in the first place. I am pretty sure that in the original rules, there were rules against connecting alarm applications to your grep account. This app just seemed like a "legal" breach of those rules.

DeletedUser

I dislike the idea. Think about it realistically (I know this is just a game but still). Your the ruler of your city and let's say your sleeping when all of a sudden word comes to your advisor that the city is going to be attacked! He rushes in to your chamber to wake you. The alarm simulates the advisor in my opinion. I mean, come on, if you actually ruled a city and it was about to be attacked, your advisor or whoever wouldn't just be like 'Oh he's sleeping and it wouldn't be fair to the enemy if I woke he up to deal with their attack.'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what got me about it was the rules that were in place about alarms and accounts.

DeletedUser23986

I dislike the idea. Think about it realistically (I know this is just a game but still). Your the ruler of your city and let's say your sleeping when all of a sudden word comes to your advisor that the city is going to be attacked! He rushes in to your chamber to wake you. The alarm simulates the advisor in my opinion. I mean, come on, if you actually ruled a city and it was about to be attacked, your advisor or whoever wouldn't just be like 'Oh he's sleeping and it wouldn't be fair to the enemy if I woke he up to deal with their attack.'.
Think about it more realistically, the advisor will take decision from his own side? Next thing you want is bots to be legalified for the same? I mean, you added the dumb alarm ingame after having on the forbidden script list.

Maybe you will say, if you pay advisor more(realistically), he will offer decision along with advise. (I am talking about bot for gold.)

DeletedUser10962

I've now finally got the attack alarm working and it is really useful but I would rather not have it I just feel that I have to have it now that most other people do. With regards to losing your carefully crafted LS nuke because you were offline when you got attacked that has no dice with me. If you're going to be offline for an extended period of time you should make sure you're troops are in transit.

DeletedUser

the only thing the attacker has going for him/her is surprise... and now thats basically taken away get rid of the alarm, end of story lol

DeletedUser23986

the only thing the attacker has going for him/her is surprise... and now thats basically taken away get rid of the alarm, end of story lol

Exactly the reason why defenders got wall, and night bonus(other servers), to balance it. With alarm, the balance, NO LONGER EXISTS.

DeletedUser

I've now finally got the attack alarm working and it is really useful but I would rather not have it I just feel that I have to have it now that most other people do. With regards to losing your carefully crafted LS nuke because you were offline when you got attacked that has no dice with me. If you're going to be offline for an extended period of time you should make sure you're troops are in transit.

exactly my point if someone is foolish enough to leave a LS nuke in harbor then i'm going to take it lol.. in helorus i have killed (whilst attacking) 13.2k LS people have the great idea of leaving LS nukes within an hours travel lol but now .. anyway im done here get rid of alarm :p

DeletedUser

I have had a serious issue with the attack alarm since it was introduced. Not because it exists, but rather because it isn't a blanket game function. For something so staggeringly significant, all have it or none should have it.

I am 100% for this idea.

It seems fair for players to have alarms, and this app should really be kept.

There are players on Grepolis which are pretty much online all day everyday. And there are players which would like to have this oppertunity but RL commitments prevent them from doing so.

This app creates a levelled playing field between the two.. Active players see the attack right away, if you're at work it's nice to have the alert so you don't lose everything because of leaked offline/online times?

Your assertion is invalid as it assumes that everyone who isn't online 24 hours a day has an internet phone. Thus it is not fair unless every Grepolis player, regardless of device, has access to an attack alarm. The other fair option is that no one has access to an attack alarm.

If the warning is taken away you basically remove people that work 10+ hour days from being able to have a chance. A good op on one of those days for said person without a warning on his phone would be screwed...
Just like someone sleeping who doesn't have an internet phone. It is unreasonable for players using certain devices to have a significant advantage over others. Everyone is playing the same game, it should treat each player the same.

I'm guessing that you're suggesting that rather than do away with the attack alarm, that it be enabled for all users. Am I correct?

DeletedUser

I have had a serious issue with the attack alarm since it was introduced. Not because it exists, but rather because it isn't a blanket game function. For something so staggeringly significant, all have it or none should have it.

I am 100% for this idea.

Your assertion is invalid as it assumes that everyone who isn't online 24 hours a day has an internet phone. Thus it is not fair unless every Grepolis player, regardless of device, has access to an attack alarm. The other fair option is that no one has access to an attack alarm.

Just like someone sleeping who doesn't have an internet phone. It is unreasonable for players using certain devices to have a significant advantage over others. Everyone is playing the same game, it should treat each player the same.

I'm guessing that you're suggesting that rather than do away with the attack alarm, that it be enabled for all users. Am I correct?

May I just put this out there.
The alarm is freely available to everyone, if anyone wanted it - they can have it. As I am pretty sure most people in the world have a mobile- contracted or pay as you go it doesn't matter. You could regard it as a premium feature if you think about it.

People buy gold to use it to their advantage.
So why not let those which have invested in a phone, and downloaded an app get their own advantage against those Gold Spammers?

This alarm is available to everyone just like gold is to everyone. It's their choice if they want to invest into gold or the alarm. It's just increasing the competition (as does gold). Now if you're stating the alarm should be removed then Gold should be removed too, as that's also an unfair advantage and I am sure there are vast amounts of players which cannot access gold.

The alarm should be kept.

DeletedUser10962

The alarm and gold are not the same thing. The alarm is yet another defensive tool moving the balance in favour of the turtles in grepolis. If we're going to keep the alarm then I'd like to see the hades spell being changed so that the alarm doesn't go off when being attacked by an attack that has had the spell cast on it.

DeletedUser

The alarm and gold are not the same thing. The alarm is yet another defensive tool moving the balance in favour of the turtles in grepolis. If we're going to keep the alarm then I'd like to see the hades spell being changed so that the alarm doesn't go off when being attacked by an attack that has had the spell cast on it.

I totally agree it does help turtles, but it also helps offensive players.
If someone has a CS ready, and their troops ready to send when they wake up and it gets wiped (a good use for the alarm).

I totally agree with the hades spell- I think it should be changed slightly, if it makes the attack invisible completely for the alarm (so the alarm won't go off at all) and keeps the invisibility for 10%.

Very, very good idea Djdom32.
For this, you get my Rep.

(Gold also allows to turtle as well as to be offensive, as you can spam defensive units. Biremes and the wall really early in games)

DeletedUser39847

I completely agree with this idea....remove it all-together and bring some of the unknown and excitement back into the game.

This game was fun before alarms and online point logs to show online times.

DeletedUser39931

I am 100% for this idea.

What i am saying is either get rid of it completely or make it available for all.
Personally i would like to see it gone completely.

DeletedUser25971

I support this idea 100%.

The element of surprise has always been a vital part of grepolis and in many instances is now impossible to achieve. Personally I liked the days when even the best and most skilled players in grepo were concerned about their cities before they went to sleep. Now they leave a LS nuke there or a slinger nuke (with lvl 0 wall), wake up, snipe the CS and go back to bed. Sometimes not even that. They just post:
enemy CS arriving to my city at xx:xx:xx. Their alliance will take care of the rest. The app makes players lazy. There's no need to plan ahead before going offline anymore.

One can always harass the app players by sending out dozens of small attacks during their offline time until they turn off the app or ignore it.
But there are those who check the game every time the phone goes off and they are getting seriously sleep deprived, which raises concerns about public safety, such as:
- Eating soup (drowning)
- Falling off the chair at school or mid-run during PE (broken limbs and public embarrassment)
- Sharp objects on the desk at school or workplace (Eye injury)
- Being sleep-mugged
- Taking a few round trips in a public transport vehicle
- Being peed on by a dog in a park while you lay there motionless and dream about not having the app
- dozing off in your car in the parking lot instead of picking up your kids from soccer practice
Seriously, this app is ruining peoples' lives.
[/joke]

shadis said:
Think about it realistically (I know this is just a game but still). Your the ruler of your city and let's say your sleeping when all of a sudden word comes to your advisor that the city is going to be attacked! He rushes in to your chamber to wake you.

Realistically? In the ancient days an army just showed up at your city gates. Or do you think that the Troy advisor saw the Greek fleets arriving at the shore, so he quickly dialed Troy's allies on his phone and they used their speed-of-light carriages to help Troy before the Greeks laid siege to it? Or that the allies prayed to their God and suddenly soldiers started falling from the skies to reinforce the Troy's garrison?
This app is like Troyans knowing the Greeks planned to conquer Troy the moment they set sail.

DeletedUser

May I just put this out there.
The alarm is freely available to everyone, if anyone wanted it - they can have it. As I am pretty sure most people in the world have a mobile- contracted or pay as you go it doesn't matter. You could regard it as a premium feature if you think about it.
The alarm is not freely available to everyone, regardless of their want. Many people don't have the funds for internet cellphones or the service contracts that go along with them. Some live in areas where internet cell service isn't even available. Your attempt at comparing gold to a device used to interface the game is ridiculous. You see, it is possible to obtain game gold for free, if players are willing to fill out online surveys, etc. You can even win some monthly within the game itself. It is not possible to legally obtain an internet cellphone and service for free.

I'm not debating the existence of the attack alarm, as with several others involved in this discussion, I am explaining that if it is to remain, then everyone should have equal access to it, regardless of how they wish to connect to the game.

DeletedUser

I support this idea, for those without mobile phones that can use the app it is a disadvantage. If people are awoken every time they receive an attack then it prevents a level playing field. Remove it.

DeletedUser

I suppose...plus you guys are acting like the alarm always alerts them. God knows how many times I've missed an alert. I don't always hear/feel them. Sometimes I don't even have a mobile device with me. It's not like the alarm is a 100% guaranteed siege stopper. Plus, if you ask me, it's unfair and unrealistic to attack someone when they're offline.

Also Th3K1ndr3d, many Greek cities received word of invading armies before they arrived. As for your Trojan thing, we don't even know if they existed. If they really did, we don't have all the information.

DeletedUser39031

Plus, if you ask me, it's unfair and unrealistic to attack someone when they're offline.

I dislike the activity check and alarm. It's changed the game so much. If they got rid of both there would not be a big problem.

And attacking players when there offline is completely fair. After all, 99% of the Grepolis community I'm sure goes offline to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.