Disadvantage when you have shared IP

DeletedUser

I would like to start this discussion as many shared IP players (including myself) feel that we do not have the same advantages/disadvantages as people that do not share the same IP.

As people know that have a shared IP, you can not attack, spy, send resources cast spells and what not all more for at least 48 hours. To set things straight, I agree with the IP rule but we should all have the same rights:

Example;
My husband is being attacked by player X, so my husband spells the attack from player X.
An hour later that same player X is attacking me. Now I can not cast a spell on his attacks on me, nor can I retaliate on player X (because my husband took action on player X already). This is because of the shared IP rule.
IF player X wants my city I can not use any spells on his attacks on me, sink his cs etc. This is a HUGE disadvantage and a problem in the game play that can easily be resolved.

My proposition is:
A player is not allowed to attack 2 players that share an IP address for at least the same 48 plus hours that we (shared IP members) have. That is fair play.

We get the message 'due to shared internet etc".. a player should get the same message incase he/she attacks shared IP players.

A lot of families play this game together and there for have a shared IP, they also buy gold.. they also should have the same advantages.

I am looking forward to all your replies and hope we can change the shared IP rule.

Foxy

DeletedUser27700

It is an interesting subject, but very open to abuse.

Suppose you get attacked, then I get attacked the next day. I could simply declare a shared connection and said player would not be able to touch me.

This should probably be formatted and put into the ideas section actually

DeletedUser

As IcedDragon said. The idea is interesting. I myself have had multiple problems with shared IP. But as he also said it's very open to abuse. I feel like this idea could be expanded on and tuned up as to eliminate significant abuse.

DeletedUser

the shared IP can actually be recognized, if you say you share an IP it should give the same IP address. If you cheat on this you will be banned. They know my IP adress, so the person that shares that IP address is the same.

DeletedUser47225

Hi
I have Question
I used of a Proxy Once,and it changed my IP.
What happen now,Am i gonna be Ban??
How Can i Explain it To Grepo.

DeletedUser5819

You wouldn't be banned just for using a proxy, but ofc using a proxy would not prevent you from being banned if you also broke the rules.

DeletedUser22115

wait i dont understand that, does that mean if you have 2 accounts can you change the ip of one using a proxy? doesnt that mean you can get away without using shared connection? that seems stupid if people could do that to cheat

DeletedUser5819

It means that using a proxy isn't forbidden. There are many ways to catch cheats (which I will not list).

It is possible to cheat with or without using a proxy and it is possible to get caught cheating either way too.

DeletedUser22115

ok, thats good. thought someone just posted a way to cheat on the forums.

Zarun-

Strategos
It is an interesting subject, but very open to abuse.

Suppose you get attacked, then I get attacked the next day. I could simply declare a shared connection and said player would not be able to touch me.
Can be solved by disallowing the "can't touch me" thing within 3 days (or reasonable timeframe) of declaring a shared IP.

Her idea and proposition are excellent and with the above added in, I don't see any more potential for abuse.

DeletedUser31385

Yes, I have had issues with not being able to attack two people in the same alliance.