do TNE have a chance

DeletedUser

ok, so as i'm sure many of you will have seen, ka have/are merging into NR

if you haven't.....then you have now, and if this was supposed to be confidential information, then....well i'm just an idiot

but anyway, do TNE still stand a chance, currently NR are 17 million points ahead, have 13 million more ABP and 20 million more bp, or are NR too strong?

i know that the above stats don't matter when it comes to WW, but stats don't lie and the stats say that NR are better than TNE, or have the stats lied this time?

on a different note, TNE's WW islands are in O74...so if everyone could direct their attacks that way it would be greatly appreciated ;)

DeletedUser30111

TNE has a chance, they are determined, and the thing about WW is, doesn't matter who the bigger guy is, it's all about activity.

DeletedUser

I would say absolutely, both TNE & NR will have a very difficult time to take any WW island cities so it comes down to how quickly each can feed them up and not get bogged down with extraneous activities.
For other contenders, I think we can always put TR and House of Troy in the same boat. Ha.

DeletedUser

I would say absolutely, both TNE & NR will have a very difficult time to take any WW island cities so it comes down to how quickly each can feed them up and not get bogged down with extraneous activities.
For other contenders, I think we can always put TR and House of Troy in the same boat. Ha.

think house of troy's founder have went inactive, but putting them in the same boat as TR is an insult to them ;)

personally i believe that TNE still have the same chance as before, either alliance could win

DeletedUser

Once our (TNE's) merge with Bosna Union goes through. I personally think we will have the edge!

DeletedUser

Once our (TNE's) merge with Bosna Union goes through. I personally think we will have the edge!

I really hope we can convince them to agree to a merge. Just hope we get 1 person to have founder rights and they agree to name it The Bosna Experiment. They push a hard bargain, but I think it will work out.

DeletedUser31212

Looks more like a swipe at KA's merge with NR. The comparison with Bosna Union is interesting :D

DeletedUser

i know that the above stats don't matter when it comes to WW, but stats don't lie and the stats say that NR are better than TNE, or have the stats lied this time? on a different note, TNE's WW islands are in O74...so if everyone could direct their attacks that way it would be greatly appreciated ;)

I don't think stats say NR is better, just bigger, been around longer, and some of NR bp is from our players when we were members and others who have quit along the way. We have been gaining bp faster than you guys on an absolute and per/city basis for the past few months. We currently have 5 of the top 10 attackers in Troy and NR has 3 (I guess 4 once Kurtis comes over). NR for sure has an advantage for WW building by having more total cities, but it isn't insurmountable.

I wouldn't put TR in the same boat as house of troy. They are a 20 mil point alliance and could easily build a wonder, especially if they focus on just 1.

Yes, please keep coming into 74 so we can crush you, and also please keep attacking us in 44 so the bp keep rolling in and you waste all your myth units on 1k cities that you can't take ;)

DeletedUser31212

I don't think stats say NR is better, just bigger, been around longer, and some of NR bp is from our players when we were members and others who have quit along the way. We have been gaining bp faster than you guys on an absolute and per/city basis for the past few months. We currently have 5 of the top 10 attackers in Troy and NR has 3 (I guess 4 once Kurtis comes over). NR for sure has an advantage for WW building by having more total cities, but it isn't insurmountable.

I wouldn't put TR in the same boat as house of troy. They are a 20 mil point alliance and could easily build a wonder, especially if they focus on just 1.

Yes, please keep coming into 74 so we can crush you, and also please keep attacking us in 44 so the bp keep rolling in and you waste all your myth units on 1k cities that you can't take ;)

you got cities in O44?

DeletedUser30967

lol! Well KA merging into NR wasn't a well kept secret. I've been saying it was going to happen since the day I came back- everyone else just kept trying to deny it *insert sarcastic eye roll* It was rather obvious based on their positioning that neither alliance would stand a chance at winning if they didn't merge, and knowing they wouldn't want to hand TNE the win, them merging was the only logical conclusion.

As for NR stats....about 13 mil of their total BP's are from when we were in NR and considering they've been around longer and that for a good portion of the game had twice as many people as TNE- when you break it down to a per-person average on an individual level, our per-person average is higher- they just have more people, and spend more gold than we do :p

DeletedUser

lol! Well KA merging into NR wasn't a well kept secret. I've been saying it was going to happen since the day I came back- everyone else just kept trying to deny it *insert sarcastic eye roll* It was rather obvious based on their positioning that neither alliance would stand a chance at winning if they didn't merge, and knowing they wouldn't want to hand TNE the win, them merging was the only logical conclusion.

As for NR stats....about 13 mil of their total BP's are from when we were in NR and considering they've been around longer and that for a good portion of the game had twice as many people as TNE- when you break it down to a per-person average on an individual level, our per-person average is higher- they just have more people, and spend more gold than we do :p

was the lol at my thread :(

the more people an alliance has the harder it is to lead, thus why so many MRA's fail, so i don't think it's fair to say that TNE are better because of the amount of people NR have, if you can have 60 good players in one alliance then why wouldn't you?

everyone knows a well-led MRA would beat an elite alliance, NR are far from being an MRA though, but NR kind of proved that when they forced TNE to increase their numbers from 20 to 50

about the per-person average, if this is what you mean by it

Total bp
NR- 54,950,215/74=742,570
TNE- 34,977,438/53=659,951
ABP
NR- 30,747,551/74=415,507
TNE- 17,406,347/53=328,421

i don't think that is what you mean though
and NR have a better average points per person

i don't know what point i'm trying to make here, i'll let others figure that out for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

Eh we can guesstimate all day what alliance will win, but it truly is all about activity once WW starts, and who knows which alliance will be able to keep it up better? I've always seen TNE as too reliant on it's top members (the originals for the most part) I don't know how well the ones picked up along the way will do.
All I'm going to say is that from the tone TNE isn't sounding as confident as I'd have thought.

DeletedUser30967

The lol was not at your thread- it was about the secret of KA merging into NR :p

And I didn't say TNE is better than NR because we have less people, I said our individual people are better on average, but it is difficult to see in the stats, because NR has so many more people. Even though their individual average is lower, their numbers are so much higher because they have so many more people.

As for the per-person averages- you didn't factor in/out the about 13 mil BP's/8mil ABP we gave NR while in them, it would look more like this, if you did.

Total bp
NR- 42,000,000/74=567,567
TNE- 46,000,000/53=867, 924
ABP
NR- 23,000,000/74=311,000
TNE- 25,500,000/53=481,000

My comment was referring to what the stats would look like if we'd never joined NR and had formed TNE when we left IWW. Even though we used the current number of alliance members there, keep in mind that for several months, NR had 4 times as many people as TNE so the individual average over time is even greater than what I've done there.

And NR didn't force TNE to grow to 50-60 people. It had always been the intention to slowly grow to that size as we approached WW's. It doesn't matter how good a group of players is, if there is only 20 of them, against almost 100 in WW's it'd be setting themselves up for failure- something we didn't intend to do ;)

DeletedUser30111

You can skew the stats to look however you want, especially if you make broad estimates, such as this 13 million bp number, I highly doubt almost 1/3 of our abp is from you guys :p
And you include the recently joined whole of KA in your estimates.

DeletedUser30967

It was about 13 mil +/- 500k, we did the math way back when it happened.

And included the recently joined KA members, because that is a fair representation of your average alliance count. NR was at 90+ people much of the time TNE was around only 20....counted TNE at it's current member count even though it's only been that large half of the game, and counted NR at it's current member count, even though it was at 90+ members for a good 6 months.....

No matter how you want to slice it- I think that TNE has 5 of the top 10 attackers in the world, despite being the underdog the whole time is inline with the stats I gave.

The last week or so we were with NR, MI ran an Op on Tanuki and AJ, and we got 2 mil DBP from that, with no support from the core NR people....just us 12 out in 64.....and considering it was a regular weekly occurrence, and the ABP we'd pull from them the 13 mil I used is probably less than the actual numbers.....

At this point it doesn't really matter, Muwa is manipulative, used us and screwed us....if you want to keep the hallow victory of the BP stats we earned while in NR, then use them to say your a better alliance, be my guest. Whatever you need to feel better :)

That NR needs to merge with KA to win, is really what says it all- even though you still had more members than we do, you knew you still couldn't beat us without them :p If you thought you could beat us without them, the merge wouldn't have happened.... :eek:

DeletedUser30111

Hold on Mal, in the less than 3 months total time you were in NR you were able to give us 8 mil abp. But in the 10 months that TNE has actively existed you were only able to gather 17 mil abp with twice the members and no telling how many more cities.

Must have been a crazy 3 months :p
That's 2.6 mil bp for 20 members with probably an average points of 100 - 150k
While last month you were able to get 1.2 mil abp, with over 50 members and an average of 600k points.

Really, I'm done with these externals for a bit, the banter was fun for a while, but you guys have grown bitter and are truly killing it

DeletedUser

I think its impossible to know what the "real" alliance bp is for NR. The alliance abp and dbp numbers are historical and don't really always tell the entire story. As a generalization, NR bp is somewhat inflated compared to ours since they have been around longer, have players that earned the alliance lots of bp and quit (ex. Tantang) or left (many TNE players), and essentially all of their current members (aside from KA players that just joined) earned the vast majority of their bp while in NR, so all of their bp is factored into the current NR bp numbers. For TNE, some of our members bp is credited to NR, but I can't imagine it is 13 million, that seems like a lot. I bet only 100k of my abp was in NR and maybe even less, but maybe there was a bunch of dbp like Mal says. We also have lots of MI players that had plenty of bp in MI that isn't included in our bp numbers. So if you take a player like Dodge, I bet 1/2 million of his abp was from before he joined TNE, but isn't credited to us.

Either way, we both have plenty of active players that like to attack. The war has been fun, but there really hasn't been a clear victor. We have both preyed on inactives/weaker players and had success taking cities, but only rarely have truly contested cities been taken from core members.

WW will be interesting. Sustained activity and some strategizing will be important.

DeletedUser30967

Really, I'm done with these externals for a bit, the banter was fun for a while, but you guys have grown bitter and are truly killing it

Don't know that bitter is the right word, more like poking the bear :p

The 8 mil abp I said might have been the dbp, we got a lot of DBP from MI and HH while there....and yes, was a crazy 3 months ;) Got 150k+ DBP each weekend for a few weeks. Considering I'd already had around 1 mil BP's at end of January, and between our 2 times in NR was there for 3 months, but TNE for only 8 or 9 weeks- it's really not all that far fetched.

It's funny though how you guys bring up the differences in our stats to make a point, and then when I say the point is invalid because the stats are skewed because of all the BP's we earned while in NR, I'm called bitter....

Oh, and it's only been 8.5 months since TNE was resurrected, not 10. Just sayin'.... ;)

DeletedUser

Oh well, either way it will be a good fight, especially once Bosna union join :) I think one thing is for sure though; that TNE can take credit for keeping this world interesting, and maybe even running!

Have you decided on a new alliance name yet? Maybe Killer Rules or No Athrax, both contradictory to the originals but maybe more suitable ;) Knowing Muwas influence over KA I guess it will stay the same! Anyway i think we are all having fun and good luck to you..