Apollonia.png
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2013

On this issue:
Wars and Stats
Interviews
What Do You Think?
Obituary

Wars and Stats​
Another week goes by and Shadow Legion refuses to go down. Sesame Street and The Muppets took 17 cities each for a combined total of 34 conquests this past week. Dewil 94, vnfmsrhdrks, and Arrakos were their main targets as they took most of their cities.

War Stats*The Puppets vs The Shadows
76 - 7​
*The Puppets refers to both Sesame Street and The Muppets

A new war has been announce, Najistan versus Unknown. Najistan made the first move and attacked Unknown which gave them the advantage and were able to take four cities from Unknown. Both sides recognize the enemy's potential and are certain that this is going to be a hard war to win.

War StatsNajistan vs Unknown
4 - 0​
1384090_651165304918068_1250438391_n.jpg

579164_651165294918069_1009528590_n.jpg

Reservoir Dogs seems to have decided to pick on the little guys rather than face "The Puppets." They have been taking cities in Ocean 35 and by the looks of it they have decided to change their zip code. So far they have targeted the Sons of Odin and their sister alliance Honour of Odin. It will become much easier for RD to take cities in 35 since those two alliances seem to be on their fall as some players have already left both alliances.

War StatsThe Dogs vs The PuppetsThe Dogs vs Disgrace Of Odin
3 - 27​
21 - 0​

It looks like "The Dragonz," Tito, and Anonymous allied themselves to take out Templars Lethal Agenda, however non of this was confirmed. Either way TLA certainly took a beating from these guys which led them to their fall.

It looks like Reunited has decided to make a move against Renegades. So far they have taken four cities. According to .Sepow. they are not at war.

Only three conquests were made this week, two in favor of Legion and one against. The war against the Silver Knights has certainly slow down and Silver Knights still stand tall.

War StatsLegion vs Silver Kinghts
48 - 1​

Interviews
Sesame Street
Blackbeards Crew had over 20 more conquest than you did this past week and are only 170K points away from you, are you worry they might take first place?
Blackbeards Crew has been very "successful" this past week, and I use the quotes because we define success differently. They have chosen to target small over rank 20 alliances pick on and get easy takes, while we have continued to fight top 12 alliances and have continued to take many cities from RD/SL and grow steadily even with BC supporting them. I think that says a lot more than 20 more conquests from small alliances.

You just had some successful operations against Dewil 94 and vnfmsrhdrks, why were you so successful?
We were successful because we are a successful team, we have been tried in war since the start of the server and know how to work well together against tough foes, those ops were the final blow to SL and they were delivered expertly.

Would you like to comment on your current status with BC?
Status with BC is the same as it has been a NAP is in place.

Are you okay with Najistan going after Unknown?
Naji told us beforehand they'd be going for unknown, and I have no problems with it, we are not allied to unknown and have made no promises to protect them. That war should be good for both alliances.
Blackbeards Crew
BigAl333 was one of the players you picked from THE BORG, why did he quit or what did he do to have all his cities taken
BigAl333 quit because of RL, it happens to the best of us and grepos worst enemy.

You conquered more cities than Sesame Street this past week and are really close in points, are you looking to take the number one spot?
We did conquer more cities than Sesame Street in the past week and we also conquered more cities than Sesame Street in the past 4 weeks actually. We never play for second place - ask any serious alliance that. It's also a marathon, not a sprint and we are fluctuating in our work rates, trying to find that sweet spot.

Lukjackm, former leader of Shadow Legion, recently joined you, was he invited or did he asked to join?
Lukjackm is an experienced player and has a lot of potential and skill. The way he joined - I'll leave it up to him, he can say if he wants to let people know how he joined.
Najistan
Are you going after Unknown?
Yes.

Is Sesame Street okay with you taking more cities in their core Ocean?
Yes.

How were you able to move into Ocean 66 so quick?
Several factors, but was mainly due to our awesome skill.

Will you push Isitaos Gods of War out of 66?
No, we only have 68 cities there and they have 30, still plenty of food to be had there before something like that becomes an issue.

So far you have conquered four cities from Unknown, how would you rate their defense?
I would rate there defense as good, for the most part they all have/had 25 wall and tower, and they seem to have also had a good turn out for support.

Have they done any conquest attempts?
They did try some offence stuff on us today, lots of land nukes returning with 1, 2, or no transports left.
Unknown
Najistan has confirmed that you two are at war, how and why did this happen?
I can confirm that our two alliances are currently at war. This all came about when Naji started to attack our cities, they claimed "as a new source of BP" we of course attacked back - Naji claimed that they didn't want any of our cities and still wanted a peaceful outcome. Then one off our inactive cities was taken and from then it spiraled into a mass attack from their alliance. The attacks started when they Allied with sesame street.

So far they have conquered four of your cities, why where they able to do so?
Yes 4 cities have been taken , two were inactive players and never said they were been attacked -- so unfortunately it was bound to happen, the other 2 cities were been defended quite well but due to the players RL commitments they weren't on to tell us about any more attacks, so inactivity, and well organised attacks was our downfall there. But we have so far defended quite well, considering that naji have been i wouldn't say simmering for awhile, but with ocean 65 having no enemies. They had a considerable amount of offensive troops still in tact to engage us with.
Anything you would like to say about tetra response?
Yes, I agree with tetrahydrocarbon420, our defense has been very organised considering the over whelming attacks we have received, especially on the first day. We did try a tiny offensive not very organised and stopped when we saw the amount of support was been poured in. This has been our first time been attacked from a major alliance and so far we are fairing well. We are aware that it's going to be a tough challenge to make in roads but this is our time to shine or back to playing farmville.

And to the response to returning back with 1, 2 transports we have many reports of the same thing from their side.
Shadow Legion
You have been losing a lot of cities to Sesame Street and The Muppets, are you doing anything to prevent the loss of more cities?
Blackbeards starting to attack SS would help the most. We do our best to defend and if you been watching shared tab, that's not easiest task to do.
Silver Knights
Legions has taken a lot of your cities but haven't been able to defeat you, why haven't they done so?
We stand tall against them and we never die as we always rise again.
Legion still attack but we stand defensive as such they were unsuccessful.
lukjackm
Why did you left Shadow Legion?
Shadow legion has been struggling for a long time, and even though I know SS do not have the class or skill actually take a city off a active player like myself, I can not be bothered with a possible speed 3 world on the way, to actually stay around like a insomniac any longer.

What Do You Think?​

As some of my loyal readers might recall I did this section before. I ask different players what they think on a particular subject or topic.​

Topic: The Unwritten Rule

The following quote comes from the PnP "w6aja, the noob that tried to conquer me" made by posiden1239.
"the unwritten rule where 100K+ players shouldn't attack sub-20k players because it is unfair even without morale."

Question: Were you aware of this unwritten rule? Do you agree or disagree with it? Why?

Its a game, grow a pair.
It's a dog eat dog world out there ain't my problem if your a chuwawa and I'm a German Shepard.
Never heard of this rule in my 4 years of Grepo. Its a wishful thinking.

I disagree. I have seen 10K players attacking 100K players, so why not the opposite? This is not a kindergarden it is a war game. Let me give you an example: in war, your 20-men unit spots an enemy soldiers (single) defending a strategic position. Would you wait for the enemy to grow in numbers and match yours or will you eliminate the threat immediately gaining your own strategic position?
I actually only asked this question about morale yesterday funny you ask me today.
I think if you want to play in a no morale world thats what you get i guess.

I agree with it when i joined this world it said no morale so i knew what i was up for as my first world was no morale in helorus.
I guess a no morale world is up to your alliance and team work to survive you cannot play the game alone like this.
but i guess you probably Could in a morale world as you have an advantage a small player(not that i have played one before)

I think it would suck playing a morale world all the complainers that arn't happy dont sign up to a no morale world i guess.
I am unaware of any unwritten rule, and to state that is unfair goes against the nature of the game.

After all this is a war game and cities can become very strategic to the progress forward or to holding a front-line. These strategies are often overlooked by noobs who are more interested in "how pretty their city is' rather than understanding that their city maybe very important to their alliance. In my three years of playing this game it is a rarity for a noob to step forward an offer their strategic city.

As an enemy it is our responsibility for our alliance to exploit the enemies weaknesses wherever possible. If they leave it easy for us to get behind their front-line to do this, all the better. After all it is always the victors who write history.

To ignore or under-estimate the effects of moral is to show the lack of understanding of the issues. Many good alliances in quite a number of worlds have exploited the moral issue through junior players to gain a strategic foothold into the enemies territory. Many experience players know how frustrating it can be, when they are consistency harassed by such a junior player on the same island. They know that they cannot retaliate because of the issue of moral and the severe loss in troops.

I personally adopt a policy early in the game to burn as many small cities on the island that I am on to stop this problem latter in the game.

What do you, the reader, think of this unwritten rule?

Obituary

vnfmsrhdrks
Reason: Conquered by The Puppets; former member of Shadow Legion

Dewil 94
Reason: Conquered by The Puppets; member of Shadow Legion

JUNGL1ST
Reason: Unknown; member of THE BORG

The Lethal Assassin
Reason: Rage quit; member of Templars Lethal Agenda

madturtle
Reason: Unknown; former member of The Muppets

bigAl333
Reason: Real life; former member of Blackbeards Crew

ahoi12
Reason: Unknown; former member of Sesame Street
THE BORG
Reason: It disbanded.

Templars Lethal Agenda
Reason: Neighbor alliances ganged up on them.

N.B.Killers Of Olimpo
Who?

Silver Knights II
Reason: Unknown

League of the goldensong
Reason: Unknown

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nice issue!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to C4R105 again.

grrr.....
I'll rep when I have the chance :(

DeletedUser3303

i maybe wrong but vnfmsrhdrks in my opinion, was spying on shadow legion for ses street and he gave them his cities, the reason i thought this is cos all his friends from RR joined ses street and he joined us, then did not contribute with any support or attacks, and he was active when SS did a co=ordinated take over of his cities, while he did not even ask for support. I could be wrong though

DeletedUser

yeah same for Black Knight112 he didn't have chance to add his comments to the whole UNk vs Naji war.

but in any case good article :D

DeletedUser30111

i maybe wrong but vnfmsrhdrks in my opinion, was spying on shadow legion for ses street and he gave them his cities, the reason i thought this is cos all his friends from RR joined ses street and he joined us, then did not contribute with any support or attacks, and he was active when SS did a co=ordinated take over of his cities, while he did not even ask for support. I could be wrong though

No sir, vusghfkg was offline when we revolted every one of his cities, then he must have given up, there was a bit of confusion from us also about the low levels of support

THE BORG
Reason: War against Sesame Street; Blackbeards Crew finished them.
^Nothing about that is right, you're gonna need to change it :)

Besides that, good issue

DeletedUser42956

*LOL* interesting when it comes to the dogs and odin, I guess no one knows the real story here being this as well how the dogs pups and odin just lost their hide for 2 days straight and didnt gain a city

plus the pups and dogs merg taking in odin after that happened.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

"We're all mad here."

Dwarfthis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

was Dewil 94 actually conquered?? as i had regular contact with this player and he was quitting the game anyways due to starting college

DeletedUser30111

was Dewil 94 actually conquered?? as i had regular contact with this player and he was quitting the game anyways due to starting college

Well, the cities are now SS, so victory there, I had no idea he was quitting, my LS are glad for it though :D

DeletedUser17561

You are usually wrong. And that is being generous. By the way - we hear you seldom if ever help anyone out with support. That will become important shortly.

More to the point - you are the Queen of the inactive player snatch. It is almost a trademark - your alliance flag should be you stabbing a sleeping guy in the back. So you pointing out the measure of skill and class is taking actively defended cities is like the person who thought up Twinkies lecturing people about the importance of a vegan diet

But shaming you publicly yet again is not why I wrote. I wrote because I am surprised at the specific turn of events:

How does Blackbeard, having watched the debacle in 45, think this current mass reconfiguration will result in anything but disaster? They looked at SS and new they would lose, and the solution to this was to fully integrate with same group of mediocre players that made a joke out of the 45 war? This is like curing a cold by injecting Hanta virus into your arm. How did this conversation go?:

SL guy: "BB - help! Our big fake players got killed and we will sign anything with anyone to keep the fantasy we are competent going."
BB guy: "Be quiet - we are changing our name and trying to figure out how to covert the name Bad Idea into Egyptian heiroglyph"
SL guy: "Please please please - we have little pride and less chance of staying alive, our no-trip strategy didn't work out as well as we thought it would - WE NEED A DADDY!!!!!"
BB guy "ok - our new alliance name is "wavy lines-2 dots-bird-bird-big creepy eye. This will scare SS more than attacks. Who are you again and why is there chocolate pudding on your Hulk pajamas?"
SL guy: "that is not chocolate pudding we are just very scared."
BB guy: "you guys seem solid - yet us hold a BB secret Round Table. Samurai - whip us up a batch of your famous Pink Martinis and we will talk this lunacy around until it seems like a good idea."
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH-DRINK-BLAH-BLAH-DRINK-BLAH-DRINK-DRINK-DRINK-DISCO DRESSES ARE PUT ON AND DANCING ENSUES
BB guy: "we talked it over and this is a great idea. we will learn much from your failure and general state of warfare incompetatence
SL guy: "Forget it - a ghost town just conquered my defense city."

So good luck with this

DeletedUser42407

You are usually wrong. And that is being generous. By the way - we hear you seldom if ever help anyone out with support. That will become important shortly.

More to the point - you are the Queen of the inactive player snatch. It is almost a trademark - your alliance flag should be you stabbing a sleeping guy in the back. So you pointing out the measure of skill and class is taking actively defended cities is like the person who thought up Twinkies lecturing people about the importance of a vegan diet

But shaming you publicly yet again is not why I wrote. I wrote because I am surprised at the specific turn of events:

How does Blackbeard, having watched the debacle in 45, think this current mass reconfiguration will result in anything but disaster? They looked at SS and new they would lose, and the solution to this was to fully integrate with same group of mediocre players that made a joke out of the 45 war? This is like curing a cold by injecting Hanta virus into your arm. How did this conversation go?:

SL guy: "BB - help! Our big fake players got killed and we will sign anything with anyone to keep the fantasy we are competent going."
BB guy: "Be quiet - we are changing our name and trying to figure out how to covert the name Bad Idea into Egyptian heiroglyph"
SL guy: "Please please please - we have little pride and less chance of staying alive, our no-trip strategy didn't work out as well as we thought it would - WE NEED A DADDY!!!!!"
BB guy "ok - our new alliance name is "wavy lines-2 dots-bird-bird-big creepy eye. This will scare SS more than attacks. Who are you again and why is there chocolate pudding on your Hulk pajamas?"
SL guy: "that is not chocolate pudding we are just very scared."
BB guy: "you guys seem solid - yet us hold a BB secret Round Table. Samurai - whip us up a batch of your famous Pink Martinis and we will talk this lunacy around until it seems like a good idea."
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH-DRINK-BLAH-BLAH-DRINK-BLAH-DRINK-DRINK-DRINK-DISCO DRESSES ARE PUT ON AND DANCING ENSUES
BB guy: "we talked it over and this is a great idea. we will learn much from your failure and general state of warfare incompetatence
SL guy: "Forget it - a ghost town just conquered my defense city."

So good luck with this

Should have made a PnP out of this XD

DeletedUser

Thresh this a 10 course gourmet dinner - you are only the 5th plate ;)

DeletedUser3303

Thresh, you sound like a 12 year old kid, telling his mates that his dad is bigger than theres, you keep on going on about apparently shaming myself and how im always wrong about everything, all i have ever said, was opinions and facts. like the shambles of the O45 war, where i stayed loyal to a massively out gunned SL, while you did a runner and joined SS cos your skills demanded it, then you come up with how i never support me team mate, which is just a laughable statement, when you check out my DPB of 116917, almost twice as much as 2nd place, then you go on about running and whining to BC, ever heard the saying, Pot, Kettle, Black?
As for my skill as a player, i have still not lost a single city to you guys even with the odds stacked so high against me and i have taken 3 cities off you guys, so i rest my case cos that dont sound like a noob to me. Now i say to you, try not to post comments on Public forums that just make you look silly.

Regard mate Luke

DeletedUser17561

Thresh this a 10 course gourmet dinner - you are only the 5th plate ;)

Samurai - this highlights one of two fundamental difference in our philosophies:

The first is largely semantic: You think this is a multi-course gourmet dinner - which is not really the metaphor people who want to win would use. Topics to avoid would include:

gourmet dinners
toy pet grooming
chest waxing
man days at the spa

Try and leave all of these out in future conversations. None of them will make anyone more inclined to think they will lose a city or war to you.

The second difference is that your alliance has somehow stumbled into the conceptual garbage dump of thinking you will make bad pacts and have great success. This is failure over and over in many worlds, and it has been a very visible failure here. And yet, despite an overwhelming data set, you have gone down this road. You think you have opened up great opportunities - what you have done is shoulder a massive defense burden. As Dayta might say - your kitty dat breathes firez gets a wholes lot hotterz.

Oh - and one more item and you might have to pass this along:

Sakuk - you had 60 days. You folded in about 40. And this is a total fold. Send me a picture of how your dress fits - because from here on out you are just a war bride. Very impressive. I would have gritted my teeth and just fought until eliminated.

Maybe if you say please they will let you see the internal forums. But you have to ask nicely, cupcake.

It is October. What college anywhere in the world begins in October? I would love to see the brochure

Thresh, you sound like a 12 year old kid, telling his mates that his dad is bigger than theres, you keep on going on about apparently shaming myself and how im always wrong about everything, all i have ever said, was opinions and facts. like the shambles of the O45 war, where i stayed loyal to a massively out gunned SL, while you did a runner and joined SS cos your skills demanded it, then you come up with how i never support me team mate, which is just a laughable statement, when you check out my DPB of 116917, almost twice as much as 2nd place, then you go on about running and whining to BC, ever heard the saying, Pot, Kettle, Black?
As for my skill as a player, i have still not lost a single city to you guys even with the odds stacked so high against me and i have taken 3 cities off you guys, so i rest my case cos that dont sound like a noob to me. Now i say to you, try not to post comments on Public forums that just make you look silly.

Regard mate Luke

Oh I sound a lot better than that. Not to you of course, but everyone else thinks I am right on. I will be brief:

You failed. Put on the dress - you are another war bride in 45. BB thinks so little of all of you they sent you there and appointed a babysitter for the old SL. They will tell you it is not like that - but that is exactly what it is. You are just a nagging problem they have to manage.

As I have said about 10 times - I left SL because I did not like the way things were done. Sure enough - they don't exist anymore. I left and was prepared to get rimmed - and SL attacked plenty - including you. You don't even have that much courage. You had to wait for someone to hold out a hand and snap a leash on your neck to leave. Don't soil the carpet - your new masters will hit you with a rolled up newspaper.

But before you do anything, be sure to hang your head and ask them nicely for permission. Change all your city names to "War Bride"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another great issue. Keep up the awesome work always a good read. I'd rep you more often but it's always telling me to share it round (non of you deserve it 8) )

DeletedUser30111

Luk, Thresh in his incredibly wordy very sarcastic message has a point, he did not come running to us, he ran away from SL and was on his own for a long while before we contacted him. While you, after staying with SL for way longer than reasonable, which I have already given you props for, did go running straight to Blackbeards. You don't have a leg to stand on saying anything to Thresh there.

As for this SL-Redbeard nonsense, it won't be pretty....

DeletedUser3303

Luk, Thresh in his incredibly wordy very sarcastic message has a point, he did not come running to us, he ran away from SL and was on his own for a long while before we contacted him. While you, after staying with SL for way longer than reasonable, which I have already given you props for, did go running straight to Blackbeards. You don't have a leg to stand on saying anything to Thresh there.

As for this SL-Redbeard nonsense, it won't be pretty....

Wrong again Sable, jumping to conclusions as usual, i did not and have not abandoned SL like others before me, as you can see SL are now with GC and are now No1

DeletedUser

Shadow Legion are now #1 alliance in this world all bow down to the almighty and powerful lukjack.

I am forever in you alliances service oh great one.

*Lukjack wakes up from dream*