Another One Bites the Dust

• Thread starter DeletedUser40223
  • Start date

DeletedUser40223

Greetings good people of Nicaea!

After these last few weeks of turmoil, change and alliances either disanding, falling apart or going through a complete overhaul I thought it would be a good idea to start up a new thread..

Now the point of this is to state what alliance you think will fall next, the reasons why and what will happen.

EG.. Will they reform under another banner? Will the remaining players merge into another alliance? Or will there simply be nothing left?

I'll start with ARMY of ZEUS..

They will fall.. :heh:

Why? Their Founder is rather mouthy and he's disappeared. They are all noobs and because I'm gonna keeel them..(SW)

What will happen next? The ones I don't kill will ghost.. And there will be nothing left.. :pro:

OVER TO YOU GOOD PEOPLE.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll start with ARMY of ZEUS..

They will fall.. :heh:

Why? Their Founder is rather mouthy and he's disappeared. They are all noobs and because I'm gonna keeel them..(SW)

What will happen next? The ones I don't kill will ghost.. And there will be nothing left.. )

Every now and then someone composes words so eloquent that there is nothing further to say. I think we have just witnessed that.....

DeletedUser40223

Last edited by Pushty; Today at 10:55. Reason: No ban discussion, please.

What's the score here? Why not? The guy has been as I found out when I tried to attack him and got the message:

"This player is banned and cannot be attacked or supported"

Which ruined my game as I'd gone all the way into his Ocean and took a ghost nearby just so I could kick his backside.. :(

If someone has been banned we should be able to say so.. This is a discussion topic and things that happen ingame should be discussed..

DeletedUser

I appreciate your standpoint, but all discussion revolving around bans should be between the account owner and the involved moderator/s, via the support system.

DeletedUser40223

I disagree.. If I buy gold to play the game, then speed up my builds to kill someone, then that player gets banned thus making my gold usage invalid why can I not say he's been banned? It's not as if I'm making up untruths. And if it's not a problem for the message to come up and tell everyone who tries to attack/support that the player is banned then I'd like a proper reason rather than some lame excuse.. Or my gold refunded.. Or better still.. Both..

Varun

Strategos
I disagree.. If I buy gold to play the game, then speed up my builds to kill someone, then that player gets banned thus making my gold usage invalid why can I not say he's been banned? It's not as if I'm making up untruths. And if it's not a problem for the message to come up and tell everyone who tries to attack/support that the player is banned then I'd like a proper reason rather than some lame excuse.. Or my gold refunded.. Or better still.. Both..

I have a better idea. Create new cities in that ocean by building from scratch and take the player by surprise when he/she comes online. If that player goes ghost then better yet. Who knows maybe you can have a WW in that ocean? I too have taken gold and after playing on Grepo for 3-4 years, I have seen what you have just experienced, and experienced them myself too.

P.S. The player was banned because he/she did something wrong. It's not Grepo's mistake. The reason why bans are not publicly stated is because it may harm the player's future rep in Grepo. It could be an innocuous mistake of the player. If you can't deal with it then you should probably stick around your main oceans rather than going far away.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40223

I took a ghost and built it up fast using gold so I could attack a player. Then he got banned. Now I have a city in an area I'm not really interested in as the player I want to attack is banned. So what do I get out of it?

I certainly will not get a gold refund or another free slot so I can move elsewhere at no cost to myself. I can't even say he's been banned even though he has.. Where is the justice in that?

His city should be ghosted instantly as should all others that have been banned.. That at least would allow us to take some reparation..

Varun

Strategos
I took a ghost and built it up fast using gold so I could attack a player. Then he got banned. Now I have a city in an area I'm not really interested in as the player I want to attack is banned. So what do I get out of it? I can't even say he's been banned even though he has..

That's what I am saying. Build more cities in there and start a wonder island. A guy I knew in Alpha (when Alpha was still active and I was playing in it) had done the same. He used gold to build up cities to mass attack TW-Shadow. (I was in MibsMobs) But the TW guy got inactive and some other alliance gave mass lightning strikes and his cities get reduced to rubble. The guy I knew, he didn't mope. He built an entire island of only his cities (He came to TBDI with me) and voila! later it was used as a WW island.

DeletedUser40223

I don't want to follow the mugs route and spend £80 a day building up from scratch (although I'm sure the publisher would). I want to conquer cities already built up as would any other good player. I rarely take small ghosts/cities as they aren't worth it and only did so this time because I wanted to spank a certain player. Now I can't which is fair enough, he's been banned.

But for me to not be able to simply state that fact is beyond ridiculous..

DeletedUser5819

Its always sad when people won't obey the rules they have agreed to. Worse when they keep on when politely reminded.
Spoils it for everyone. :(

DeletedUser40223

Spoils it for the mods perhaps.. I've asked a fair question and just been given a generic answer that explains nothing. No reason as to WHY we cannot say a player has been banned other than "You agreed to it" and "Because that's the rule".. I ask questions.. Deal with it..

I didn't even realize I'd agreed to that rule. I didn't see it in the terms and conditions. I wonder if anyone else apart from the 'mod squad' did..

The fact is is is ridiculous to have a post edited for simply stating a true fact that contained no profanity or other violations, then have a few more people with a perceived sense of power try to act like enforcers..

DeletedUser

I explained as much as I am at liberty to do so in the other thread, there is no need to derail this further. If you have further queries, I will be more than happy to address them via private message.

DeletedUser

While the no discussion of bans may be a rule some discretion being applied by the Mods as to how they moderate discussions containing such topics would make a heck of a lot more sense than blanket editing and pissing off lots of people for no real benefit to anyone......

Failing that a cheats list should be published weekly for us all to be aware of.....

DeletedUser

Please get on topic or I will assume that you don't need it. ;)

On a side note, I'm happy to let you *mention* bans as I am personally wondering why it needs to be so strict. Just please remember that the specific details, especially the reason for the ban, certainly aren't allowed here.

What do you see in store for the future remnants of ARMY OF ZEUS, if it does disband? Do they have futures or are they after dinner snacks? :D

DeletedUser40223

I could answer the Army of Zeus question personally.. But why bother when it's put so eloquently in the good book? ;)

The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
(SW)
DEUTERONOMY 28:25...

DeletedUser40223

..For anyone who still isn't sure what that means I'll translate into laymans terms..

They are screwed! :D

DeletedUser

I could answer the Army of Zeus question personally.. But why bother when it's put so eloquently in the good book? ;)

The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
(SW)
DEUTERONOMY 28:25...

Interesting choice of quotes. The larger context is this:

15However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

25The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth.

45All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the Lord your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you.

So does this mean bad things will happen to us if we do not obey the Forum Moderators? How about that interpretation, Pushty?

DeletedUser

So, now we're just waiting on seven plagues, right? Actually, someone should cast plague on seven of their members - seems like a valid use of favour to me. :p

I would say that's a prudent suggestion, cloaca maxima. :D