Petition to Ban Attack Alarm

DeletedUser13405

Yup. Title says it all.

Is Grepo a game of skill and planning or is it a game of who can buy the best phone and sleep lightly enough to hear it?

Attack alarm is ruining one of the most highly competitive Grepo worlds in a long time (Thebes).

Talk about unbalancing the game...pshaw...either release an app that can work with all phones or disable it completely. Only way to bring balance back into the game.

DeletedUser41523

I personally don't use it. Mostly because i'm already an insomniac from studying and when I do sleep I don't want to be disturbed by a damn game.

DeletedUser

When I was the ideas mod, I did see a lot of ideas trying to dissolve the attack alarm. My two sense would be this, I do not see a problem with the feature; however, I think EVERYONE should be given the option to use the feature rather than just mobile users. Maybe that has already been implemented since I have left, I do not know.

But, I do not think "banning" it would do anything. I also do not think we would "ban" the feature. That isn't something we can throw a ban hammer at.

Let those that like the feature use it, but also let those that would like to use it use it..If you don't want to use it...well the solution is easy...do not use it! ;)

- Lane<3

DeletedUser

I support this idea ^^ Half the game used to be when you had to work out a whole alliances offline times and plan an OP around them. These days because the alarm is so widespread, OP's are just a matter of who gets the luck of the anti-timer since everyone is online to snipe.

DeletedUser25249

The alert is a game changer, for the worse unfortunately. I really dont understand why this feature was implemented...ban the stupid thing

edit;so my post gets edited for profanity, yet you removed more than just that, truth hurts huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14397

good idea but your fighting a losing battle

grepolis is going down hill fast these days and its sad because the game has/had so much promise

DeletedUser13405

I support this idea ^^ Half the game used to be when you had to work out a whole alliances offline times and plan an OP around them. These days because the alarm is so widespread, OP's are just a matter of who gets the luck of the anti-timer since everyone is online to snipe.

Exactly correct jono. Thats the problem.

good idea but your fighting a losing battle

grepolis is going down hill fast these days and its sad because the game has/had so much promise

And it still has that promise. Just get rid of the unfair advantage that attack alarm provides to those players using a very advanced smartphone. They should not have an overwhelming advantage over other players.

DeletedUser

my ipod runs the app, it's 2-3 years old, i use this app, who wouldn't? but i wouldnt mind if it was gone (so tentative support from me)
however, i think "removal of attack alarm" might get further "banning attack alarm" sounds scary.

DeletedUser

I hate to add my own 2 cents, but they need to offer it to everyone versus just those who have certain phones as this gives an unfair advantage to those who have said phones.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with banning the attack alarm. It is ruining the game. No longer can I burn the midnight oil to slip in an attack on enemy that according to his stats is off line at that hour. I myself spend the gold but unless this app gets banned soon I don't see myself wasting another dime on this game.

DeletedUser25111

i use app myself ie used it 4 about 8 months now i dnt have phone app i use script via laptop but since new update does not work anyway i would not mind if it was banned but wouldnt mind if everyone can use it i ill probably quit grepo now anyway as im finding it too much work ive over 80 citys in 1 server and no admins it would normaly take me 30 to 45 mins just to farm them but with new update takes me like 2 hrs

DeletedUser

if you can't have a phone that can have the app, you should quit the game. I mean Android and iOS are the most common operating system atm in the world. they total upto 85% of the world. if you can't spend $50 to buy an android phone, then you shouldn't play this game anyways , cause you won't be able to afford premium and in that case, won't be able to compete against good players. ;)

DeletedUser25111

i dnt need alarm app to compete with players nor do i need gold i can earn free gold easy enough and always use scrips i started playing in rho with no att alarm dnt even no if there was 1 bk then most of the time ill spend 100 gold every 2 weeks on administration

wat does my head in is people who make snide comments thinking that there better than other people do u expect a 9 yr old to get a new phone no everyone should be able to use alarm phone or not id rather it banned than be told to quit by some player ive havnt even met

DeletedUser

I totally agree with banning the attack alarm. It is ruining the game. No longer can I burn the midnight oil to slip in an attack on enemy that according to his stats is off line at that hour. I myself spend the gold but unless this app gets banned soon I don't see myself wasting another dime on this game.

i'd like to point out that the app rings once, and is not very loud, i am a very light sleeper, and it rarely wakes me up.

DeletedUser21320

I'm neither for nor against the alarm and can make do either way but I think the ranting here against it seems pretty pointless when you can do something to prevent people using it in game, just by spamming them with attacks every 5 mins during their normal sleep cycle for a couple of days. How long do you expect people to bother getting up during a night when they roll over and check their phone to now see an attack that has been cancelled?

Sounds like more fun to me to annoy the hell out of them and keep them up a few nights than if they didn't have the alarm to start with. But maybe I'm just mean :D

DeletedUser29066

Players already receive a visual alert of an incoming attack, so why not an audible one? But I agree it should be added as a feature that all can use, not just those with a smart phone.