Halloween Event Videocast Discussion

DeletedUser

When is this thing supposed to start?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32748

during the course of the 29th on all servers meaning one after the other so we have to wait till they get there:rolleyes:

DeletedUser42857

wish they would get a move on, ive got 6 island quests sitting waiting :D

DeletedUser42857

I only get one every four hours. But i have timed it best I can, of the six, the earliest 4 have progressed to having accepted the challenge, just not completed so they shouldnt be cancelled once the 24 hours is up. Then I will get 3 more overnight (1am 5am 9am), so by the morning i will have 9 queued.

hang on.. isnt the max 10? YOUVE BROKEN GREPOLIS :supermad:

DeletedUser

Remember that Innogames is a company with regular company opening hours and it is based in Germany...
Nothing is going to happen in the middle of the night people.

T

DeletedUser42857

Remember that Innogames is a company with regular company opening hours and it is based in Germany...
Nothing is going to happen in the middle of the night people.

T

i assumed that the update had already been hard coded in and would just trigger at xx time. If they get things to finish at midnight its not beyond the realms of coding ability they can get it to start at a set time either.

seems they are doing another small update though before it goes live, message just arrived.

(althouh note, the message arrived at 0200 server time, well outside office hours ;))

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The problem with doing it that way is if there is an issue after the event goes live. Nobody would be around to fix it. That is why updates aren't done unless they are in the office.

DeletedUser29446

i would return on the gold. It is ok to use it during the game, it is part of the game. but i think these events should be equal. so no gold using, gold should be restricted. For example, the spirit of the Olympic games is ruined. everyone should be equal during those 2 weeks, it is only who is better, not who is richer... at least this is my opinion, and to be honest i'm glad that i see a lot players thinking the same.
Let this game be fair. this became the game of the rich, not the strategic one. the whole gaming spirit is almost lost.
i would allow gold only for admin, marchant, priest, commander and captain. reducing the time of the production, prolonging spells like coto and pop growth... NO!!!! this is strategic game, and game that requires planing... not just spending.

edit: lets just try this way for a 2 months, and all gold spenders and players that are not planing will see the difference of smart using the units.

DeletedUser13409

I might be totally wrong, but gold isn't going to make that much difference. You might be able to get a few extra ingredients, but ultimately you are going to need to spend 90 gold to make the first reward, 180 for 2nd etc... This will become very expensive very quickly and the 45th reward will cost 4050 gold! If some crazy fool wants to pay out then let them, it means that inno can afford to work on some other cool features :)

DeletedUser31385

Gold doesnt make a big difference if the player is inexperienced:)
Only players with gold that are extremely active grow like a weed.
Apparantly they made a mistake with the starting date, it didnt start when they said it would.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29446

i agree about the paying...
but imagine if we all had the same time to rebuild, same everything.
the only difference would have been, how you organize your cities, resource flow, e.t.c.
for instance, i've managed to queue 6x21 LS's, and with coto and the spell for 30% quicker production, i'll have those 126 LS's in less then 63h. this is the difference i'm talking about using gold and not using gold. you'll need to sacrifice smth in order to gain smth. with gold... you are loosing nothing, except your money :)))

queueWithLSs.JPG