Goodbye Grepolis

DeletedUser33297

I'm sad to announce, but seeing recent happenings I have no more faith in the grepolis community. I have activated VM and am likely not to return to this game. When coming back I will most likely quit all 3 worlds I am currently playing.

I believe most of you, whether your my enemies or my friends, know I am someone who's always up for a joke, but I am also someone who always shows respect towards my enemies and my friends. I do somewhat expect my enemies to show me and my fellow players some respect aswell, but I assume expecting that was totally wrong.

If this is as low as I am expected to play/think in order to play this game competetive I simply have no interest playing it anymore. I game in order to have fun, and am afraid this game and its community will no longer give me any fun. I think most people in No Rules know if they were to try something this low I would have stopped it, whether that means we were to lose or not, I guess that somewhat makes me "noble".

I would like to thank all people in No Rules for giving me some great times in this game. I would also like to thanks TNE for always fighting noble, sad you guys couldn't keep it up till the end.

Thanks for ruining this game for me and many others, I hope it was worth the win for you guys.

Goodbye grepolis

DeletedUser18331

Let's be real here guys, I have three years of Grepo experience and I'll tell you who ruined this game- Inno. Grepolis was AWESOME when there were only a dozen or so worlds and they didn't have WW or endgame scenarios. On Eta all of the alliances were full of old friends and everybody had an incredible respect for each other. At the end of the day, we were all friends who just happened to enjoy competing with one another. When Inno brought in the WW concept it changed everything. Worlds are played fast and dominated by premades who storm in and go for the quickest win they can get before moving on to the next world. So before we go and blame our opponents for ruining a great game, let's tip our caps to Inno for making changes that allow certain types of alliances to dominate and ruin the game for others.

Regardless, enjoy life mate after all this is just a game and we're all the same away from our screens. Best to you and your family.

DeletedUser32254

Let's be real here guys, I have three years of Grepo experience and I'll tell you who ruined this game- Inno. Grepolis was AWESOME when there were only a dozen or so worlds and they didn't have WW or endgame scenarios. On Eta all of the alliances were full of old friends and everybody had an incredible respect for each other. At the end of the day, we were all friends who just happened to enjoy competing with one another. When Inno brought in the WW concept it changed everything. Worlds are played fast and dominated by premades who storm in and go for the quickest win they can get before moving on to the next world. So before we go and blame our opponents for ruining a great game, let's tip our caps to Inno for making changes that allow certain types of alliances to dominate and ruin the game for others.

Regardless, enjoy life mate after all this is just a game and we're all the same away from our screens. Best to you and your family.

I hear the same thing often. Shoot, I have said it myself and did in a PM last night. My first world, en9, was much more fun to play. Standards of conduct were enforced by the players themselves and I had as much fun chatting with our enemies as I did our allies.

Alas, a new breed of player arose, one for who winning (at any price) was more important than playing. That we cannot blame Inno for, we did it to ourselves ( by allowing sleazy conduct) and can only fix it ourselves.

As long as sleazery is rewarded we will have to put up with it. ( and lose more and more good players to other games)

Do not recruit these players, if you find one in your alliance kick them ASAP, do not pact with or allow alliances that practice or condone sleazery to survive. Pledge now to drop whatever conflict you have going and NAP all noble alliances until the perps are rimmed.

Or don't, and just keep complaining.

DeletedUser32373

The best part is that you guys in TNR couldn't come even close to winning without cheating...congrats. Now we've lost another one of these powerhouses from NR just because you wimps couldn't win it the real way.

DeletedUser

Wh...Wh...Wh...WHINER!!! Take your own medicine Ricky Rossi. You people REALLY need to start understanding the concept of a "War Game." You had no problem bullying player after player into joining your alliance or be annihilated. Now one of those same players turned the tables on you and you whine, whine, whine. It's really hilarious!! I was getting really bored with this game...but thanks NR, your whining makes it fun again!!

DeletedUser37990

Here are some undeniable facts:

1: My wall shows 1,720,000 dead NR units on my wall.

2: NR had several members that back stabbed and betrayed their former alliance and pards to join NR in the hopes of an easy win.

No honor in that..

3: Someone quits to join NR and it's "how the game is played". Someone quits NR and all of the sudden you call it "cheating". What a bunch of hypocrisy.

4: This is a game. Not real life. Go find some kleenex and move on.

5: Thank you Grepo for providing this enjoyment for free. Thank you to the gold players who makes this possible.

Have a great GREPO day everyone!

DeletedUser30111

Wh...Wh...Wh...WHINER!!! Take your own medicine Ricky Rossi. You people REALLY need to start understanding the concept of a "War Game." You had no problem bullying player after player into joining your alliance or be annihilated. Now one of those same players turned the tables on you and you whine, whine, whine. It's really hilarious!! I was getting really bored with this game...but thanks NR, your whining makes it fun again!!

Once again, not an NR player you're talking to, glad to see you talking down to the general grepolis public on multiple threads, really making TNR look good

DeletedUser

You are right sablestag, he isn't NR. He was a minion of NR from another alliance. Talk all you want sabs, whine all you want, complain all you want, cry in your oatmeal all you want. You lost, plain and simple. Live with the fact that your "invincible" alliance went down the drain like a flaming turd on Halloween. Hey, wait...maybe that could be the name for your next alliance: The Flaming Turds: join us or we will throw poop at you!!

DeletedUser30111

You are right sablestag, he isn't NR. He was a minion of NR from another alliance. Talk all you want sabs, whine all you want, complain all you want, cry in your oatmeal all you want. You lost, plain and simple. Live with the fact that your "invincible" alliance went down the drain like a flaming turd on Halloween. Hey, wait...maybe that could be the name for your next alliance: The Flaming Turds: join us or we will throw poop at you!!

Actually he didn't play this world, he read the arguements, saw what happened and formed his own unbiased opinion, but I mean whatever lie you wanna tell yourself is fine by me

DeletedUser32373

Lol I love the all caps...you're not even the one that should be raging. Congrats on winning the world bud, i'm sure it was all worth it considering the massive attacks you guys landed on NR and how bad you crushed them....you guys may have won the simmer war, but if you guys ever faced off in a militaristic war, I can guarantee you that sable and his crew would rim 3/4 of your alliance within a month.

DeletedUser

but if you guys ever faced off in a militaristic war, I can guarantee you that sable and his crew would rim 3/4 of your alliance within a month.

That's funny. We were at war with them for about 6 months before WW started and it was pretty much a stalemate. Nobody was rimmed. I don't recall us losing more than a handful of active cities during the entire war. NR had plenty of great players, but so did we.

DeletedUser32373

But its wicked hard to rim people when they all have 30+ cities...I understand that both sides had great players, but what i'm saying is that if you guys started up in a new world then NR would win...they would get ahead and stay ahead to the point where they rim your guys. Does that make more sense?

DeletedUser

On a level playing field, no gold players, I guarantee you we would win. The reason they got so big (a majority, not all of their large players) is they bought gold like crazy. Take away the gold, we win hands down.

DeletedUser

C.W. are you talking about TNE or TR? Because TR are scrubs. TNE guys know how to ball, but TR are pure simmers and turtles. I respect TNE. I play no gold except from the occasional survey and promotion, I don't put any money in because I'm broke lol but I do my part to get the edge with a little extra work

DeletedUser

C.W. are you talking about TNE or TR? Because TR are scrubs. TNE guys know how to ball, but TR are pure simmers and turtles. I respect TNE. I play no gold except from the occasional survey and promotion, I don't put any money in because I'm broke lol but I do my part to get the edge with a little extra work

That's KING SCRUB to you...note the crown!! LOL