Wish List Endgame Revamp (Stronghold Victory)

DeletedUser5819

How about being able to attack from 10 AM- 2 PM and 10 PM- 2 AM server time.
So for north americans, only when they are working or sleeping. Assuming they work ofc.

I guess that would be a good way to send all the north american premium payers away to the .us server, but is that what we really want here on .en?

DeletedUser25660

+1, like it. I see how this could actually work, because there are 2 fronts to defend, the stronghold and the cities around supporting it. (it's like you can make WW attackable!) This is really good. +rep

Need more details though.

By 'alliance controlling a stronghold', what exactly do you mean by control? Can alliance controlling it fortify it by building walls? Can they enlist militia? Can we cast spells?

DeletedUser

Yes it needs to be developed more, however I prefer the original idea about alliances on the same island. Maybe there should be one every 4 oceans starting in the core. This would make the core VERY interesting. I like this idea a lot, although Inno will need everything summed up in one large piece of text (every fine detail) for it to go through

DeletedUser8396

Just to clarify - to my knowledge, this is NOT DNS. So far, it is good to go.

I do like the idea, but as Awesomeness said above (and linked to), they are working on a revamp of end-game. I will go ahead and let the thread continue, but be with the mindset this more than likely will not go to voting until well after the WW revamp is implemented (if the revamp is disliked, that is).

Please do continue elaboration on this, however. We never know what may happen ;)

DeletedUser32373

Sorry but a no from me--this makes it possible for rim alliances to win. They just take all the strongholds on the far rim and they go unprotected while the core alliances are fighting for one little stronghold-- if you did some re balancing to possibly award more points for a core stronghold then that would increase my vote.

DeletedUser

Sorry but a no from me--this makes it possible for rim alliances to win. They just take all the strongholds on the far rim and they go unprotected while the core alliances are fighting for one little stronghold-- if you did some re balancing to possibly award more points for a core stronghold then that would increase my vote.

Then award more points for a core stronghold!;) but you also have to take note of the time in which WW passes, which is 250m points. Normally this gives some rim alliances better chances of having competition as they move closer to the core

DeletedUser

While I dont like WW, and would support an endgame revamp, WW does involve at least some co-ordination from alliances, players working together and still has the regular defending cities attacking cities prospect.

this just involves every player in the world building the biggest nukes they can and sending them to the stronghold.

that doesnt involve any tactics, just building troops, sending them to stronghold, build more troops.

It also massively favours gold players as they can reduce their recruiting times considerably which would also defeat the object.

So while i appreciate the thought youve put into it for the reasons

1) no tactics involved
2) heavily favours gold players

its a non-starter for me.

That's the reason I said only the ports on the stronghold island can send units to the stronghold. The fight has to happen more so for THAT island, because the more cities of it your alliance controls, the more you can support the stronghold in the middle. That's where strategy comes in, in fighting over those ports.

And if I were to have my way, you would not be allowed to use gold to minimize build times in the port towns, but I know inno would never do that, so.

Thats actually....right....in the rules I said.

Strongholds are worth more the stronger the surrounding oceans are, which will mean that ones with multiple alliances around are worth a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32373

Here's a twist. With this structure, a good plan would be to send your alliance to the rim in the middle of nowhere and use the strongholds nobody is near. So the points a Stronghold gives is based on the strength of the players in its neighboring oceans: higher points the players, higher points the Stronghold is worth.

So basically you are saying alliances should run to the rim? Nothing says about extra points for the core.

DeletedUser

What I meant by it is since the core will have multiple alliances in the same area, there will be more points there and thus more powerful strongholds.

That rule can be tweaked if necessary, I want the point to be that contested ones are worth more.

DeletedUser

Someone needs to take into account all opinions and sum up our best option with all points taken in here for inno to put this to the vote, for a start

DeletedUser38224

Someone needs to take into account all opinions and sum up our best option with all points taken in here for inno to put this to the vote, for a start

The community on this forums isn't nearly big enough to change innos mind about something big like their plans to revamp the endgame.

DeletedUser

I fully support the idea of someone taking into account all opinions and summing up our best option with all points taken in here for Inno to put this to the vote.

DeletedUser

Awesome you seem really good at saying no that won't work. Just an observation. This can be viewed merely as a start to something bigger. There are plenty of avenues that can be pursued in order to mobilize a larger audience to hopefully support and back up this proposal.

DeletedUser44027

Absolutely love it. I mean, it'd need some obvious revisions and specification, but the core idea is sound. It hurts simmers, and also livens up aggression in the core! Inno doesn't seem to like end-game suggestions, but this one is golden!

DeletedUser38224

Awesome you seem really good at saying no that won't work. Just an observation. This can be viewed merely as a start to something bigger. There are plenty of avenues that can be pursued in order to mobilize a larger audience to hopefully support and back up this proposal.

I guess I'm just really fed up with inno, Believe me i've tried and tried in vain to change their minds. I remember when I had hope when I first started playing grepo after I'd failed at changing innos mind about destroying TW. It just isn't there, Although I will say that grepo cares a lot more about it's players that Tribal wars did. Not once did I see TW reverse a bad change that they received mass complaints about.

DeletedUser27700

For the record, engame revamps are not DNS.
However, many people have come up with ideas regarding what the endgame should look like, so some get closed for being duplicates or just very similar.

That being said, and I hate to burst your bubbles, but I don't anticipate any of these ideas passing anytime soon when a WW revamp has already been announced last year. This means that they are already changing this in some way, and I would be shocked if they changed it again soon after.

DeletedUser829

Back when I played on Alpha I had the idea that end game would involve Cronos coming out of the grave to kill everyone. The alliance that did the most damage to him, (not struck the killing blow) but destroyed the most of his armies and used the most favor of the gods to kill him won the world.

Screw the whole 20k biremes in every city idea. Fight the big guy and kill him! GREPOLIS not Grepohugs

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

what happens if two alliances hold the strong hold at the same time and both get to the target # of points at the same time, is their a tie breaker? or does it go to the higher ranking alliance?