Lonely

DeletedUser

Seems to me like hyperborea is dying no one ever posts on here and its lifeless out in ocean 67 lol

DeletedUser5819

The great thing about hyper is it won't die. People can hold their accounts there while concentrating on the new worlds, and then come back when they get rimmed :X

DeletedUser

lol thats why im playing hyper i wish there was a speed three version of hyperborea thatd be awesome

DeletedUser

I agree, a speed three version would be nice. I am no longer able to monitor my account 24/7 so Hype fits my play time but it is still too slow to keep the attention of players used to the faster pace. I would also support a version where your first 5 cities were safe from conquest but beyond that you were at risk...kinda like a "semi-safe" world. You could leave for a week and still have a base to fight back from.

DeletedUser29066

I would also support a version where your first 5 cities were safe from conquest but beyond that you were at risk

There was mention of something along those lines in the Grepolis Roadmap 2014 developers thread.

Also, I have started a Hyperborea specific Skype chat named HyperSkype .. this is non-alliance specific, for anyone playing Hyperborea. So far we have a whopping 3 members, myself included. Being a realist and a pessimist, I'll consider myself lucky if we get to 5 .. so anyone interested send me a contact request in Skype, mention that it's for Hyper, and I'll add you to the group.

DeletedUser41523

They should make a speed 3 version of this with no world cap. I wouldn't mind joining a world like this when I transfer to another school. Would still love to play Grepo but will be useless in a hardcore world. :(

DeletedUser5819

They should make a speed 3 version of this with no world cap. I wouldn't mind joining a world like this when I transfer to another school. Would still love to play Grepo but will be useless in a hardcore world. :(
Maybe you should get into talks with inno as to how you would like to fund a speed 3 world with no world cap :p

DeletedUser41523

Pretty sure they found a way to profit and do it before. Or was Inno losing money all that time and we just didn't know it? That was real right? Unless... oh god, i'm comatose! This is actually a massive dream.

-Written a directed by M Night Shamalan.

DeletedUser5819

Well, I could be confused about what you mean by no world cap.

The number of accounts that can play on a world is probably determined by several things, but the chief among them is the capacity of the server(s) you buy to run it on, ie how much money is spent on the hardware for that world.
No world cap means infinite capacity (or getting the prediction right with a margin) which means infinite cost (same proviso)

The next biggest determinant is how fast you want it to run, so the faster the world the fewer accounts can play, given the same size server, again increasing the cost significantly.

I do not believe a no world cap server has ever been run, as it would really be asking for trouble at peak activity times, but if you mean something else by that then maybe it has.

Lugosi

Strategos
Not finding Hype boring at all. I'm progressing well in 58 with my alliance closing in on no.1 in Ocean ranks. We're having a lot of fun with some interesting attacks we get sent our way and we're on the rim. Admittedly this world forum is dead but no point dwelling on that or the stagnation of certain top alliances which people judge the world on. Make your own way and your Hype experience shall thrive. Vive le Afti Einai I Sparti!

Last edited:

DeletedUser41523

Well, I could be confused about what you mean by no world cap.

The number of accounts that can play on a world is probably determined by several things, but the chief among them is the capacity of the server(s) you buy to run it on, ie how much money is spent on the hardware for that world.
No world cap means infinite capacity (or getting the prediction right with a margin) which means infinite cost (same proviso)

The next biggest determinant is how fast you want it to run, so the faster the world the fewer accounts can play, given the same size server, again increasing the cost significantly.

I do not believe a no world cap server has ever been run, as it would really be asking for trouble at peak activity times, but if you mean something else by that then maybe it has.

Okay, so a maximum might have been in place. Not sure tbh. But if we look at grepomaps, we can see that Beta literally ran out of oceans. Obviously I wouldn't be asking for that, inno has to open shop on a new server sometime. But an increased cap space to the size of Theta, Kappa, or Omicron would be nice. This added just the right amount of time to let a server build and put enough people in place to keep it competitive beyond two months.

As for Hype, since its a relaxation place/new player training ground. I think that if they made one server similar to it every few years, then the profits made from other worlds would easily cover a less profitable world. Adding to fun for all players. I could be wrong, that's my rationale, though.

If I had my pick, I would make a max world population 75-80k for 1 speed, 65-70k for two speed, and anyone where in the ball park of 50-60k for three speed. Playing Nysa, I can say that 30k has been a great add on. But it still feels like something is missing. Mainly enough players to keep top teams on their toes.

DeletedUser5819

The reason Beta filled to the edges was because it was not shafted by an endgame and fortnightly new world releases.

Being a speed 1 world it would have had the highest world cap available, but that is not the limiting factor currently, as you can see from the maps of post-endgame speed 1 worlds. You are not so much seeing a large number of accounts as a large number of cities built by accounts that stayed a long time.

Also, although speed 1 worlds can take more players, that doesn't mean more players want to play them ofc. Paying more for more server space than needed would be a bad business decision. Paying more for more server space for speed 3 worlds would seem valid though, if the average player would buy more gold for a speed 3 world than a speed 1 world.

One of the great things about Hyper is no endgame. So far as I am aware it doesn't end. With Hyper being marketed to rimmed players we may find it fills up, which would incite inno to make another, but until then I can't see why they would bother, and I think it would only spoil the one we have.

Lugosi

Strategos
Beta had a shining reputation which drew most in and unlike other worlds had strong ties to the forum due to many players in Beta becoming posters at the beginning and continuing that as they met other people in other worlds to join the big DH vs DS war. Towards the end of the world the players on the rim were not all new, there were quite a few like myself who went out on the rim to encourage other players to join the war. As Sirloin says it was more about big accounts rather than lots of accounts and that was true on the rim as well as the core.

It is also worth noting that Alpha was dominated by TW-Shadow which to some extent shifted more players towards Beta because it was a lot closer in terms of alliances as they changed frequently so there was more reason to join it with the hope of doing well and being in the top alliance.

One issues I've found with Hype is that the take up is now so slow that it is putting new players at an even bigger disadvantage than before. Not many islands have filled up since I joined so there are players opening up shop on islands next too me with no chance of defending against players who already have 8 cities in their ocean. Perhaps the direction of where you can start off should be limited so all new players are concentrated in one less inhabited direction allowing for some competition rather than instant domination from larger players.

DeletedUser44785

plus its fun to farm the out of players not in alliances which may be one reason some have quit.