Rejected God Emotions

• Thread starter DeletedUser35431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ok so here is my full edit proposition to solve the obvious abuse fin has stated.

Every time you increase your standing with one god you decrease your standing with another god by up to 40%. This is done on a 5 point pentagon with opposing gods on each side of the pentagon:

lkj7.png

Every time a specific god's morale decreases below 50% (in the first instance), the god has a 50% chance of "declaring war on you" each hour that his morale remains below 50%. Once a god has declared war on you you lose all your current favor with that god (as if you change god) and the favor of that god freezes for 1 day.

Once a god has declared war on you its morale threshold for declaring war on you increases by 5% and the ammount of time that you cannot recieve favor increases by a day each time. Minimum threshaolds can be decreased by achieving over 100% morale for that god, but can't be reduced below 50.

DeletedUser38224

Due to some abuses, I don't currently support this, but with some work i might :)

DeletedUser

I like the effort you put in, not one of your usually useless threads/posts... So well done for that.
The idea itself is well thoughtout etc and isn't actually a bad one.

I just feel that A) Getting the numbers right may be difficult and B) it may simply be overcomplicating something that actually works quite well and although it may add a bit extra to the game, is it really worth the added confusion that is sure to come with it.

In my opinion, no. Sorry.

DeletedUser8396

Please do not senselessly bump threads. Rather address some points brought up.

DeletedUser35431

The formula is: Game speed x (square root of (temple levels + number of divine statues in cities worshiping that god x 5)) x *Square root of the happiness value.

The happiness value is how much the happiness is above 50%.

E.G. 67% Happiness = 17% Happiness value

* If the happiness value is positive it is square root. If negative the favour production speed will be the happiness value.

E.G. If the happiness value is 17%, the favour production speed will be 4.1% faster. If it is 46% the favour production will be 6.7 faster. IF it is 50% (MAX) it will be 10 % faster (This is not the square root but with MAX value it will be 10%)

E.G. If it is -13% favour production will be 13% slower.

So if you are on a speed 1 world with one city with a temple level 9 and 89% happiness your favour production will be 9,2

DeletedUser

Despite fighting players, alliances, villages heck even allies. We now have to worry about Gods turning on us haha.

Let's do it!

When Zeus wages war he could LB your city. *chuckle*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32373

Question here-- what is the list of all the gods emotions and stuff?

Lets make a scenario....

Zeus is feeling ... so he goes down to the mortal world. Blah blah, Perseus is born, where the ... does Perseus go?? Do you have a list of all emotions such as this one?

DeletedUser5819

I have resisted reading this for a while because it looked long and complicated and I thought it might give me a headache. Today though, I am having a spamming day and have run out of threads to respond to (c'mon guys help me out here) and I also already had a headache. So I read it, and guess what?
It totally blew my mind.

When I got to kudjayuni's post and diagram, what was left of my mind splatted all around the walls.

So, I have some simple questions on the bits I was able to process.
You can make the god you worship happy by:
  1. By changing to this god +10%
  2. Upgrading Temple +10%
  3. Winning Battles with myth units +5%
  4. Training myth units +2%
  5. Getting a meddle or award +5%
  6. Building divine statue +100%
    You will only receive it once the building is finished.

The god you worship will lose happiness when you:
  1. Lose myth units in battle -5%
  2. Degrade temple -15%
  3. Changing god -10% for old god.
  4. Loosing myth units out of battle -5%
  5. Loosing a city -75%
    Only if you have 2+ cities.
  6. If you interact with your current god the happiness of all other gods will go down by 1% (2% on hero worlds)
If you win a battle with myth units, you are likely going to lose some of them. So does that mean god pleasure changes by 5%-5% ie 0% or do you lose 5% per myth killed? I don't get this.

Similarly, how do you lose myth units other than in a battle, except by changing temple away or losing a city when they are out on a very long walk/swim/flight? Both of these already lose you god pleasure.

How do you interact with your god? Does that mean if you change a god's mood? If so does that mean both negatively and positively? What if you change a temple to another god, which would change the mood of 2 gods?

What if you kill someone else's harpies with your manties, how would that work?
What if you killed someone else's manties with your manties?

It seems very complex, which may be a good thing, but I am not sure yet.

I may well be missing something big here, but my headache has increased imesurably, so please be gentle with me.

DeletedUser35431

I have resisted reading this for a while because it looked long and complicated and I thought it might give me a headache. Today though, I am having a spamming day and have run out of threads to respond to (c'mon guys help me out here) and I also already had a headache. So I read it, and guess what?
It totally blew my mind.

When I got to kudjayuni's post and diagram, what was left of my mind splatted all around the walls.

So, I have some simple questions on the bits I was able to process.

If you win a battle with myth units, you are likely going to lose some of them. So does that mean god pleasure changes by 5%-5% ie 0% or do you lose 5% per myth killed? I don't get this.

Similarly, how do you lose myth units other than in a battle, except by changing temple away or losing a city when they are out on a very long walk/swim/flight? Both of these already lose you god pleasure.

How do you interact with your god? Does that mean if you change a god's mood? If so does that mean both negatively and positively? What if you change a temple to another god, which would change the mood of 2 gods?

What if you kill someone else's harpies with your manties, how would that work?
What if you killed someone else's manties with your manties?

It seems very complex, which may be a good thing, but I am not sure yet.

I may well be missing something big here, but my headache has increased imesurably, so please be gentle with me.

When you win a battle no matter how many myth units are used, you get 5. I see the bug you are talking about and will fix and bring up to 8% ASAP.

Now updated. All changes made in green:
Improvement:
Proposal: To have a god happiness meter underneath the favor meter.

Reason: Make it more realistic. I have seen other games with this.

Details: The meter shows how happy the gods are. The happiness of a god is the same for all cities worshipping said god. In the temple you can check each gods happiness. If the god that you worships' happiness in below 15% he could cast a spell against you. E.G. Zeus' happiness is 9%. He casts lightning bolt on your city. This works like farming villages when they revolt. If gods that you do not worship you are unhappy they may not allow you to worship them. You start with 50% for all gods. Happiness is measured in from 0%-100% If the meter is down, favor will production levels will decrease. If it is high favor production will improve. At 50% Happy favor production is the same. At 100% it will be 25% faster. At 0% it will be 25% slower.

You can make the god you worship happy by:
  1. By changing to this god +10%
  2. Upgrading Temple +10%
    [*]Winning Battles with myth units +8% (As long as one myth unit goes to battle and you win, even if the myth unit does not make it back, you get 8% + happiness)
  3. Training myth units +2%
  4. Getting a meddle or award +5%
  5. Building divine statue +100%
    You will only receive it once the building is finished.

The god you worship will lose happiness when you:
  1. Lose myth units in battle -5%
  2. Degrade temple -15%
  3. Changing god -10% for old god.
  4. Loosing myth units out of battle -5%
  5. Loosing a city -75%
    Only if you have 2+ cities.
  6. If you interact with your current god the happiness of all other gods will go down by 1% (2% on hero worlds)
The formula is: Game speed x (square root of (temple levels + number of divine statues in cities worshiping that god x 5)) x *Square root of the happiness value.

The happiness value is how much the happiness is above 50%.

E.G. 67% Happiness = 17% Happiness value

* If the happiness value is positive it is square root. If negative the favour production speed will be the happiness value.

E.G. If the happiness value is 17%, the favour production speed will be 4.1% faster. If it is 46% the favour production will be 6.7 faster. IF it is 50% (MAX) it will be 10 % faster (This is not the square root but with MAX value it will be 10%)

E.G.If it is -13% favour production will be 13% slower.

So if you are on a speed 1 world with one city with a temple level 9 and 89% happiness your favour production will be 9,2

Visual Aids:

Abuse: No abuse! :eek::eek::eek:

Balance: Faster or slower favor production.

Thanks!:D

Now updated

DeletedUser829

I'm actually a fan of this. I actually like the "If you don't fight, what good are you?" kind of mentality you mentioned. You don't fight (offensive) your god gets and throws a lightning bolt at your city.

This is a good idea to Force people to fight rather than play grepohugs.

DeletedUser30636

dont mind the idea, but its a no for me, it seems like a complicated unnecessary addition, when new players join it will be one more thing they have to worry about adding onto what appears to be a rather confusing game to newer players in the first place. I think it would be better to have a system a little more simple if your going to do anything along these lines. maybe if you change gods you lose 50% favor production for 2 hours or something, i think your over analyzing this and making it to complicated with the mood meter. you do things and get punished or rewarded, thats how simple it should be

DeletedUser

I like this idea. It looks like you put a lot of time into designing this. I am a big fan of Ancient Greece and this would make Grepolis more similar to Ancient Greece. A large portion of time and resources in the Ancient World was devoted to pleasing the Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.