Newspaper War stats may

DeletedUser

My 1st time ever doing one of these so any suggestions comments are welcome.

Based On Stats from 01/05/2014 - 31/05/2014 May vary due to time of posting etc.

BARBS=Barbarians, MS=Mortal Selection, LG=Lollipop Guild, LL=Lullaby League, OP=The Order of the Phoenix, CF=Chosen Few, COD=Cause of Death, 56F=56 Forever

Attackers of the Month
Based on ABP per City

Top 10
PlayerCitiesAllianceABP/City
eam13231BARBS4798.97
doko90036EN4228.36
Roky PSI38EN3857.32
cabbagetree16PE3854.31
GecaKon70EN3355.80
rachelgoldsmith38PE3150.74
megaplatanos16PE2646.13
- Fantom -35EN2619.29
xNightDeathx18UB2553.61
aford23PE2504.22

Defenders of the Month
Based on DBP per City

Top 10
PlayerCitiesAllianceDBP/City
old fisherman67EN5796.48
blackriverco15LL4819.07
Uniquie27PE4659.96
turbonutter233UB4171.18
niteslave23COD4045.48
Galactic Emperor25COD3368.00
Rablysses1456F3280.79
eam13231BARBS3268.45
Buffalo99911122LL3209.23
dimis6924Flying Pegs3189.37

Player of the Month
Based on BP per City

PlayerCitiesAllianceBP/City
eam13231BARBS8067.42

War Stats

Did not include 56 Forever as new are newly reformed and Stats would be much harder to do. I may never include them unless they grow or pull something magical. Sorry to EN&Co as you battered DUU but it won't be reflected in these stats.

Eviction Notice

BARB/MSLG/LLOPCF
Taken FromLost ToTaken FromLost ToTaken FromLost ToTaken FromLost To

Jaguar Warriors

BARB/MSLG/LLOPCF

UBUNTU

BARB/MSLG/LLOPCF

Pasty Empire

BARB/MSLG/LLOPCF

Growth Stats

Since this is the 1st edition, not much to look at here. Quite a bit of research required so I have only done main alliances and no academies. Also the BP/City will be based on the BP earned during the month.

PointsABPDBP
Prev. MonthCur. Month% IncreasePrev. MonthCur. Month% IncreasePrev. MonthCur. Month% Increase
ENN/A17847650N/AN/A7053931N/AN/A2886999N/A
JWN/A13880189N/AN/A5926966N/AN/A2765711N/A
UBN/A10940535N/AN/A2922521N/AN/A1468646N/A
BARBN/A8989854N/AN/A2705339N/AN/A2379740N/A
OPN/A6349195N/AN/A1395295N/AN/A1506232N/A
CFN/A5801892N/AN/A1089477N/AN/A1214073N/A
LGN/A5457577N/AN/A1655551N/AN/A1993258N/A

ABP/CityDBP/CityBP/City
ENN/AN/AN/A
JWN/AN/AN/A
UBN/AN/AN/A
BARBN/AN/AN/A
OPN/AN/AN/A
CFN/AN/AN/A
LGN/AN/AN/A

Highest Growth
Second Highest
Worst Growth

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just realised i forgot PE in the Growth section, might add them at a later time if any of the others have boring stats

DeletedUser

Oh and in case ur wondering, current tally for EN&Co vs. Coalition this month is:
66-107

based on above

DeletedUser19396

So by not including the only alliance we were Opping for the past 3 weeks you are effectively saying that you can't give an honest and accurate accounting of the facts?

DeletedUser19396

City gains/loses (grepostats) in the past month.

EN +357
UB +299
Barb +229
OOP +222
FP +214
LG +208
JW +195
CF +113
WF +106
PE +90
LL +56
56 Forever -409 Guess where they went? They are the same alliance as DUU with an old name.

EN + JW + UB = 851

Coalition = 525

DeletedUser47113

This great news!
You guys have the best players, and are taking all the cities...awesome.
Now maybe I don't have to listen to the constant whining noise about it being "unfair" and "rigged" in this world. I guess it turns out all those guys were totally wrong as I always said they were. We are actually getting slaughtered here!
I'll just keep struggling away hoping that maybe I can get lucky and take a city or two here and there while we get beaten so badly. You all know me and how I like to turtle up---kron and I are both well known peace lovers and I am glad you guys have finally realized how great you are and what underdogs we are in Ialysos.

DeletedUser

Wow, well if this is the type of reaction im gna get every dam month i might just not bother. As mentionned in post it is my first time doing one of these, do u have any idea how long it took me just to get the format right and then do the reasearch (before a smartass answer pops up, no it isnt the same as in-game formatting). So yeh when i finally got it posted, i was fairly chuffed and had the thought of tallying up the takes mentionned in the post as i stated. My failure to include ur takings from DUU aka 56 forever is mainly due to the fact that i didnt wanna spend hours more looking through the individual conquests of each of ur alliances to tally them up as since the alliance no longer exists i cant just compare conquests.

I dont think i or any player from barbs haved whined on the forums about the current state of play. Honestly i love it, and maybe thats y ive gotten over 240k bp this month, which reflecting my size yes does make me the one with the highest BP/city for the month. Is something that will change each month. But dont u worry drago, ill be sure to give u a gold star for effort each month u arent there, in any of the top10 i might add, if i actually decide to continue this after being shot down mercilessly for trying to bring the forums back to life to some extent.

DeletedUser

City gains/loses (grepostats) in the past month.

EN +357
UB +299
Barb +229
OOP +222
FP +214
LG +208
JW +195
CF +113
WF +106
PE +90
LL +56
56 Forever -409 Guess where they went? They are the same alliance as DUU with an old name.

EN + JW + UB = 851

Coalition = 525
Just to say that those city counts include players switching alliances and colonisations and takeovers that have nothing to do with actual conflict. So yeah u did whallop DUU but u didn't take as many cities as u stated above when u consider that over 200 of them are due to players jumping over to ur side. That is another reason why trying to include those stats was going to make my life hell so i gave up on it.

DeletedUser

EN&Co vs. 56F&DUU.

132-17

Total Tally EN&Co vs. Coalition

198 - 134

DeletedUser19396

I am not trying to be wise or knock your effort, but not including 56 Forever stats as part of your analysis seems flawed to me. DUU = 56 Forever in stats. All they did was change their name and they were definitely part of the coalition against us.

DeletedUser36743

Just to say that those city counts include players switching alliances and colonisations and takeovers that have nothing to do with actual conflict. So yeah u did whallop DUU but u didn't take as many cities as u stated above when u consider that over 200 of them are due to players jumping over to ur side. That is another reason why trying to include those stats was going to make my life hell so i gave up on it.

Are the coalition takes - actual takes involving 'conflict' or inactive takes which are akin to a vulture swooping down on carrion?.... the fact is ...its impossible to keep track...so just like you gain cities when someone comes aboard ...you loose cities of players who drop out... please also remember that each alliance has a cap of 40 ...so its not like christmas came early to some alliances

The correct measure of performance IMO is nett city take as mentioned by prt50...

Having said this.... i think its an awesome effort you have made....keep it up and polish the parameters....may be the best reporting yet

:)

DeletedUser36743

...My failure to include ur takings from DUU aka 56 forever is mainly due to the fact that i didnt wanna spend hours more looking through the individual conquests of each of ur alliances to tally them up as since the alliance no longer exists i cant just compare conquests...

Matey...have appreciated your effort in the post above...having said that...you cant represent half the facts and just gloss over the other half coz it was inconvenient.....I hope u do realize that that rubs some of us the wrong way

DeletedUser36743

...Since this is the 1st edition, not much to look at here. Quite a bit of research required so I have only done main alliances and no academies. Also the BP/City will be based on the BP earned during the month....

Any statistic on a per city basis is dubious....i say this coz...BP/City would improve if i loose cities ad come down if i got cities and that isnt right....a better parameter would be change over previous month in absolute terms (not percentage - which again is not correct)...just my two cents since you asked for comments/suggestions

DeletedUser

Honestly i love it, and maybe thats y ive gotten over 240k bp this month, which reflecting my size yes does make me the one with the highest BP/city for the month.

I have not done nearly as much analysis as you. But I will go out on a limb and predict that the June report will include a substantial increase in DBP for you. Just a guess on my part.

DeletedUser

I haven't been on the forums much lately, because I thought they were finished. So let me start off by saying Thank You for putting this together. Anything to keep debate open is a win in my book. I also want to give a big thumbs up because those numbers were confusing and prob took some time. So don't let comments make you feel undervalued. You should be happy because you have sparked up debate in the forum again!

That being said...The part of your explanation where you said we listed 409 city takes from DUU but only conquered 200 or so. The others were from members joining? That is true, but the big picture is they lost so many cities on just our ice breaker OP, that they eventually caved. Leaders abandoned players into VM, resulting in changes. Make no mistake though, they joined us because they wanted to be a part of our great team but had they not we would of conquered them eventually. That's part of war.

Also one part of the statistics left out were takes from Breathers. By that I mean, not poaching inactives. We have lost a lot of cities to our enemies by way of Inactivity. We value reds over them, so we don't pay as much attention to them. Resulting in occasional loses. I believe your number would be smaller if it were actual takes from active members.

That being said, great job on this. I am also very excited to have a WAR on this server. 9/10 alliances we hit, have disbanned or sunk within 24-48 hours. So I see a nice long battle between our groups and am polishing my sword as we speak (Evil Grin)

Respect,
P.

DeletedUser

Also just want to point out the slickness of putting Attacker of the month (BP per city) rather then Attacker of the month based off ABP. This way you get first on that aspect because if it was all around ABP, no bueno lol

DeletedUser

Are the coalition takes - actual takes involving 'conflict' or inactive takes which are akin to a vulture swooping down on carrion?.... the fact is ...its impossible to keep track...so just like you gain cities when someone comes aboard ...you loose cities of players who drop out... please also remember that each alliance has a cap of 40 ...so its not like christmas came early to some alliances

The correct measure of performance IMO is nett city take as mentioned by prt50...

Having said this.... i think its an awesome effort you have made....keep it up and polish the parameters....may be the best reporting yet

:)

The conquests mentioned in the stats come from the compare conquests tool on grepointel. u select two alliances and it can give u the all time history of conquests between the two alliances. So it does not count ghosts, player switches, brown takes, colonies etc. It only take sin to account takes from either of the alliances. About in actives that one is hard but its the same for every1 and tbh its up to the alliance with the inactive to deal with it. So personally i think it gives a good account of the cities that have passed hands between two alliances, much better than the grepostats just overall increase in cities, which will be reflected in the overall growth section next month through overall point increase (I could also add overall city count)

DeletedUser

Matey...have appreciated your effort in the post above...having said that...you cant represent half the facts and just gloss over the other half coz it was inconvenient.....I hope u do realize that that rubs some of us the wrong way

I admitted in the initial post that it was giving half the story, later added in post the counts I managed to get off grepointel which seem to fit correctly

DeletedUser

Any statistic on a per city basis is dubious....i say this coz...BP/City would improve if i loose cities ad come down if i got cities and that isnt right....a better parameter would be change over previous month in absolute terms (not percentage - which again is not correct)...just my two cents since you asked for comments/suggestions

Yes i agree system is slightly flawed in that aspect but there isn't really another way to account for it in a fair way since overall increase in ABP/DBP would greatly advantage the bigger players. It helps give an account of aggressiveness and activity irrespective of size. Means some months u will have guys with maybe 15cities who will be attacker of the month since they turned over their offence much better than every1 else during that month.

Also as for percentages, it is to try and put things on a fair scale, I think i will end up doing both % and pure gains since yes if ur a small alliance and u have little abp atm but u can double or triple it in a month compared to a big alliance where a 5% increase accounts for that small alliances entire abp... It does however point at which alliances have been doing what over the month, big increase in the abp % can show that they are picking up attacks as a smaller % in abp and much higher in dbp cud mean they have been under attack and are on the defensive. It is more to establish trends over time. Again all these stats are to be taken with some salt since stats are just to get a better picture, in the end u can present them in many ways which can have quite different outcomes depending on how u treat the numbers (also y i won't do any analysis, ill leave that up to those who post :p)

DeletedUser

Also one part of the statistics left out were takes from Breathers. By that I mean, not poaching inactives. We have lost a lot of cities to our enemies by way of Inactivity. We value reds over them, so we don't pay as much attention to them. Resulting in occasional loses. I believe your number would be smaller if it were actual takes from active members.

Yup will agree on this but happens to both sides (this month Barbs had a few issues with peeps coming out of vm and being inactive, we lost a gd 10+ cities from these mishaps to u... So ofc the tally is imperfect in that sense but since it applies to every1, it shud not be a huge issue and in the end taking a red dot is taking a red dot irrespective on whether the player was inactive or not (IMO its the alliances issue to deal with)