The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser18366

Overall, I agree with the solutions and I think Innogames has dealt with the situation effectively. However, I think it is unfair to never introduce hero worlds in markets where they have never existed if they are still in demand. I think introducing only one hero world onto these markets for a year or so could have been considered, as some players do want the chance to play in an environment where only experienced players can join.

DeletedUser

When will be this implemented? As in when will the first world with these features start?
Cause I'm pretty eager for it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lugosi

Strategos
Seems a fair attempt to alleviate the tendency for dull servers. I never saw the the point of the world wonders as an end game when hero worlds were just around the corner. Bringing a second stage to an era of worlds which has already ended just seemed like the idea of a bad sequel which no one wanted or to be honest needed as many had already spent two years on Grepo. The people you play with make the enjoyment of a world most of the time and seeing as many jumped ship at the end of the warrior worlds the hero worlds never seemed that attractive. Inno were right to give it new features but it did not encourage me to take Achilles seriously. A certificate through the post congratulating me on my achievements on said *closed* world would have given me more incentive to continue with Grepo rather than giving me the option to pick up where I left off or supposedly ended my game. Inno were right to try it though as loads of players were complaining about their time being cut short when it was announced that our worlds would be snuffed out when we dipped under 300 active players or whatever so it at least gave them a chance to rekindle their game in similar conditions with similar players to what they had been used to.

Aicy

Strategos
Want to increase the number of active players? Do the two things we've all been saying for 4 years now...

1. Decrease defenders advantage
2. Decrease the massive advantage that heavy gold users get.

But, unfortunately, the opposite has been happening and it's gotten worse and worse and worse and worse over time with more and new premium features advantages and features such as morale and the alarm clock which massively increase defenders advantage and sim potential. In the world I'm currently playing (Olynthus) I am absolutely astonished at the number of simmers. I will farm islands with several 3-4k cities with the rest under 1k points, and every single one of the under 1k pointers will still have their starting troops. These players just build and build like it's sim city and never attack... and they get away with it.

As far as hero worlds are concerned I don't have any input because I don't even know what they are, I only started playing again this week after quitting since 2.0 came out so I've missed a lot.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22940

BT - do you plan to implement the hero world features in any existing worlds or only future releases?

DeletedUser25249

I still laugh at the requirements to get the medal for a hero ticket, lol it's as easy as getting the award of troops diying without a fight... Why would you take away the 3 town start up, wasn't this and the ww carryover benefits the whole name of the game?

DeletedUser

right decision was made here, and I like that the added features will be available in new worlds... now remove or fix ww, and make it so the max wall level is 10 and we'll have a game again ;)

DeletedUser

"- Illusion (this spell mimics an attack and lets the player see an incoming attack. When the illusionary attack arrives at its destination, a report is created stating it was only an illusion. The spell is used on a city and has the speed of a Light Ship.)"

Questions:

1. Can you use a spell against this illusion attack to see what it is? ie Wisdom
2. Can you speed up this attack with bonuses or use spells to prevent them from having a spell used on them, as in 1. above

if the answers to these questions already exist, happy to be redirected, thanks :)

DeletedUser17088

A wise decision moving forward in regards to Hero worlds.

You still have that Grepolis app 'Incoming attack alarm' though, which killed the game for me. As long as that monstrosity exists I will never play again (and I do want to)

DeletedUser23986

It is quite ironic that no ingame announcement was made in the hero worlds. I must point out the fact that the most players that still play on the hero worlds, play only because they have NO WORLD WONDERS, and thus no immediate endgame. We can get new players to join as number of active players goes down, which makes it extreme tough to hit the 300 players line.

Since Inno has decided not to touch the current warrior worlds, why the partiality against the current hero worlds?

DeletedUser47118

I think these changes defeat the purpose of creating hero worlds in the first place. If i wanted to compete in another wonder-based world i would be joined up in one. Fact is i came to the hero world because there are no wonders, which meant to me that after years of work the hero world wont just ghost like what happens to all wonder-worlds. Does this mean ive wasted years of my time here in the hero world maintaining a fighter profile for nothing? Hero worlds are for pure grepo war and strategy, its not about being in a resource war! Im very disappointed that these proposed changes are put forward, all that will happen is seasoned fighters of grepo will leave the game as we are forced out. We dont want to be dragged around all the time by game developers at any particular time as they see fit! And although many players have ghosted over time in the hero worlds, there are always new players coming in that create fresh blood... there are also many players that use gold there and will continue to do so until they themselves ghost. I cant see the issue with leaving hero worlds as they are! In all honestly havnt innogmaes got better things to be doing like fixing game bugs, not creating more problems for its members? Also the 50 favor that is carried onto the hero worlds, well whats the point in having 50 extra favor in a wonder-based world thats now closed? These changes sound ridiculous, i give them 2 thumbs down!!

DeletedUser18366

I think these changes defeat the purpose of creating hero worlds in the first place. If i wanted to compete in another wonder-based world i would be joined up in one. Fact is i came to the hero world because there are no wonders, which meant to me that after years of work the hero world wont just ghost like what happens to all wonder-worlds. Does this mean ive wasted years of my time here in the hero world maintaining a fighter profile for nothing? Hero worlds are for pure grepo war and strategy, its not about being in a resource war! Im very disappointed that these proposed changes are put forward, all that will happen is seasoned fighters of grepo will leave the game as we are forced out. We dont want to be dragged around all the time by game developers at any particular time as they see fit! And although many players have ghosted over time in the hero worlds, there are always new players coming in that create fresh blood... there are also many players that use gold there and will continue to do so until they themselves ghost. I cant see the issue with leaving hero worlds as they are! In all honestly havnt innogmaes got better things to be doing like fixing game bugs, not creating more problems for its members? Also the 50 favor that is carried onto the hero worlds, well whats the point in having 50 extra favor in a wonder-based world thats now closed? These changes sound ridiculous, i give them 2 thumbs down!!

This really needs to be considered. People joined the hero worlds as a place where they could play Grepolis properly, without new players and as an all out war. They have no endgame so players in them have been building up their empire and personal profile there for a very long time. It is completely unfair just to end them.

Aicy

Strategos
Inno just need to stop messing us about imo. :)

The most damaging thing you can do to damage your userbase is forcing changes on people that don't want them. When inno introduced revolt and morale I didn't like them, but fortunately they just made them world settings and didn't change the existing worlds so it was hardly a problem. A thing that did make many players quit very fast was implementing 2.0 on old worlds... This caused so many of my friends on Alpha and Delta to quit. And then the final straw was implementing the endgame on old worlds as well.

And now this with hero worlds. It's disgusting and shows that either inno has little respect for it's paying customers or is at times completely inept. It's just wrong to promise someone a certain game then let them spend hundreds of hours over months and lots of cash on it, and then just change it completely to make them hate it... or in this case just end it.

Just stop messing your players about, please.

Edit: I just want to say that even though I use harsh words and have always been very critical of the majority of decisions that the devs and mods have made since day one it's not because I hate the game. It's because I love the game and care about it so much - and I want to see it be as popular as it possibly can be.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22650

ill be happy to get the extra stuff in future servers but i do feel sorry for the hero server players, same thing happened to the 1.26 players when 2.0 came in so i can imagine theres alot of angry ppl there now

DeletedUser

i'm kinda sad about the hero world being dissolved personally. i thought the only real issue was that it was to easy to gain entry into these worlds personally.

i wanted to see a hero world that only elite stats that could gain entire no crowns/tactician awards . hardcore gaming experience and stats. only the best of the best that's what i wanted to see. i think you guys had the right "idea" but never realized its full potential for it to be a battle ground for the grepo greats .

i quess will never see that now :(

DeletedUser11165

Adding the new god to existing worlds is a good change and not continuing to spend resources on both that being said new building levels and technologies in all worlds when we still have not seen the "rebalance" changes go live yet.....

New worlds will now have hero's and the additions from the hero world if you finally get the rebalance live then the game continues to evolve and grow which is good. The game cannot just stay the same in my opinion it must change and grow to continue.

Attack alarm...I use it but I was fine when it did not exist but there were many who simply used a bot for the same principle so I think some just need to suck it up and get on with; attack alarms existed before the phone app so making it legal to focus banning more serious offences was a good choice. That being said yes the defender still has too much of an advantage; which is what makes the bot so much more effective.

The advantages of gold do need to be addressed although: perhaps this is not the thread to discuss it.

DeletedUser32373

Want to increase the number of active players? Do the two things we've all been saying for 4 years now...

1. Decrease defenders advantage
2. Decrease the massive advantage that heavy gold users get.

But, unfortunately, the opposite has been happening and it's gotten worse and worse and worse and worse over time with more and new premium features advantages and features such as morale and the alarm clock which massively increase defenders advantage and sim potential. In the world I'm currently playing (Olynthus) I am absolutely astonished at the number of simmers. I will farm islands with several 3-4k cities with the rest under 1k points, and every single one of the under 1k pointers will still have their starting troops. These players just build and build like it's sim city and never attack... and they get away with it.

As far as hero worlds are concerned I don't have any input because I don't even know what they are, I only started playing again this week after quitting since 2.0 came out so I've missed a lot.

Why isn't this guy our CM?