Hero tactics

• Thread starter DeletedUser22650
  • Start date

DeletedUser22650

Howdy Nysans, im checking out the new stuff and i have to say i really like both the island quest bonus buffs and the latest hero update (shockingly enough as im mr negative about updates), i was sceptical but it looks to me they will actually add good strategy's. For example i can see Atlanta combining with the island quest movement speed buffs being lethal on conquest servers, not so much here as you get 12 hours warning of incoming cs's ....anyway im rambling so my question is how will you be using them? what new tactics can you come up with for them? and as the server progresses how successfully can you use them in practice?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

I was actually skeptical too but for the first time since 2010, Inno has REALLY outdone themselves. The update impacts the game, but not to the point where you have to memorize a new system, get freaked out, or find yourself annoyed.

DeletedUser22650

i thought they would be upgraded by res like the farms, im glad to see thats not the case because the way they've gone with it is better..... as for tactics for them nobody got any ideas at all? plz dont tell me they're only good for boosting stacks, im sure theres something cool and aggressive they can be used for

DeletedUser3303

i thought they would be upgraded by res like the farms, im glad to see thats not the case because the way they've gone with it is better..... as for tactics for them nobody got any ideas at all? plz dont tell me they're only good for boosting stacks, im sure theres something cool and aggressive they can be used for

I got a couple issues things I don't get, as far as I can see, heroes don't use transport space and therefore they are like superheroes that fly.
zuretha when attacking with ls nukes, still attacks the land troops, meaning she pretty with die unless you send her in the land attack nukes.

DeletedUser22650

so the best use is boosting bireme stacks :(

on the same lines does Urephon hit the port? because the main use would be boosting manti nukes, if he doesnt need transport space its possible but if he hits port its no good

DeletedUser37948

I don't know but id stop thinking of heros as troops and think of them like spells

add zuretha to a city and then an attack from that city and the buff is added bit like fav wind spell

off course im not 100% on this but its my best geuss on how it works based on the beta tests

DeletedUser22650

i was thinking of the spell bonuses more than the troop stats but if you get them back you can fire again rather than waiting 6 hours....i think you have to put them in the attack for the attack buffs to take effect

DeletedUser22940

yes, you need to add them to attack in order to get bonuses....pretty sure
you playing this world dux?

DeletedUser22650

playing is a strong word, im checking out the heroes ;), why are you in somewhere?

DeletedUser31143

I just came off of beginner protection and the thing that I'm noticing about Heroes is that they're like militia except you don't need to activate them. They defend your city and if they're injured, they take time to heal.
Offensively, I look at them as another fighting unit. Same deal; when they get hurt, they take time to heal.

From my initial encounters, they most help defenders who are offline.

DeletedUser22650

you can dodge with them if you're online, just put them in an attack then cancel it....i guess you can use them like that for offensive snipes on conq

Zarun-

Strategos
I don't know but id stop thinking of heros as troops and think of them like spells

add zuretha to a city and then an attack from that city and the buff is added bit like fav wind spell

off course im not 100% on this but its my best geuss on how it works based on the beta tests

Best way to put it imo.

DeletedUser22650

like we said you have to add them as a troop to get the spell effects so it makes no odds if you think troop or think buff :p

DeletedUser6378

You can attack with them, but not support with them. That's the only thing about them I don't like. Other then that I think they are a great addition.

DeletedUser22650

did she bite you saint? :eek:

.......is anyone else annoyed that they dont have a bp value? i know im the only one but i was proud of my wall ratio's pre shared dbp but now you just cant keep them tidy, the farm conquests add losses for no gains on the attacking side and other ppls support (at other ppls towns) destroy the defence side now im losing half a dozen horses per morning cleaning the respawned andromedas that dont show up on the wall in my farms each morning and thats for 1 town i have

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarun-

Strategos
Yes it is annoying they have no BP values. Would be cool to have a collection of heroes defeated/defended against on wall.

BP values could be calculated based on hero level. Keep it real low, like 1 bp per level to prevent abuse.

DeletedUser13436

I would still need a lot of testing with heroes. But the rewards from Island Quests are awesome! Improved attack: Land Units from the city are 10% stronger! What more do you want?

DeletedUser22650

ye loving the whole hero add, orpheus is my favorite, i was slow on the uptake on that one because i was looking at the war heroes