Newspaper Week One: Gossip

DeletedUser

//I titled this as a newspaper for no REAL reason other than to hopefully get some posts. If enough gossip is posted it will be a newspaper..just unofficial, right?

*sounds: spears throwing and everyone goes into panic*

Welcome! Welcome! Happy Hunting Games and may the odds be ever in your favor! Now, before we begin, I would like to catch up on all your juicy gossip! If your city is taken, I do not feel sorry for you. If your alliance crashes, you should have made it stronger. Hehe. Jk. I'm not really that hardcore. Anyways, seriously, week one is over for most of you, what can you tell me?

Which alliances are leading this world? Why?

Which players are you scared will be a force to be reckoned with?

Have some other juicy-tidbit, share it!

*Don't forget to remind your alliance members to sign up for the forum to participate in the banter!*

DeletedUser

Impact is leading the world I would say, although I wouldn't like to admit it. They have many experienced players and many are on the forums that makes it just as good. The only bad thing is, they remind me of Hydra, a us premade alliance that suffered from lots of internal issues.

DeletedUser44426

they remind me of Hydra, a us premade alliance that suffered from lots of internal issues.

Im sorry, but why make an assumption of impact having Internal problems if you arent in the alliance?

DeletedUser

Impact is leading the world I would say, although I wouldn't like to admit it. They have many experienced players and many are on the forums that makes it just as good. The only bad thing is, they remind me of Hydra, a us premade alliance that suffered from lots of internal issues.

What kind of internal issues do you suspect? Bad leadership? Gosh, Killing, you are always asking MY questions! :p

DeletedUser44426

Don't listen to TKJ he is just trying to hide the truth but the fact of the matter is that there are A LOT of internal problems. Why else would the number 1 player, Soul Drinker, quit? ShreftyThred rarely shows up in forum or in Skype and the one that seems to be running the alliance on his own is lokiswrath and to tell you the truth he doesn't even know what the heck he is doing most of the time. That being said, we are so far the best alliance in the world.

Its all true.......I even bots them cake to make dings bettuh,...........I was covered in frosting on da way home.

DeletedUser

What i would like to present as a problem in this world is the great amount of "friendly ghosting".. There were lots of one or non alliance players that ghosted and in a few min their cities were conquered by one alliance. Well if that's the usual strategy of getting your friends to play and upgrade a city for you im ok with it but if it has been done by multi accounting i think it's something to worry about.. We like to play in a honest way and would like others to do the same :)

DeletedUser41523

I think its a high hope to say that Impact is the best. Among the best talent wise? Definitely.

But Bones and Skulls and The Buccaneers I would argue will be better. Cbenny's team doesn't look very bad either.

DeletedUser

What kind of internal issues do you suspect? Bad leadership? Gosh, Killing, you are always asking MY questions! :p

Well Lane, since it seems I am right about my suspicions, hehe. These are the things Hydra had problems with, leadership ( even though I was leading but with 3 founders and only 1 doing most of the work ... I'll get back to that ), morale of the alliance ( With most of the top alliances going up against us the morale was decreasing with each city lost even though we were still holding our own and conquering the enemies cities more than they were to us ), we also suffered from member criticism, with a lot of experienced members to deal with and each having their own playing style, each one will also criticize how you run an alliance, what you do and your actions.

I noted all these things down for Impact just in case they happened to suffer from any of these problems. BUT, it is just gossip. My new opinion to this would be that Inglorious Basterds are the best alliance :D. Of course, biased. Its been a long time since I actually enjoyed being apart of an alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My top 3 would have to be bones and skulls Awoken problem and the buccaneers (shameless self vote) ;) I think i expected a lot better than what impact have done so far they have some good individual players but i reckon the team play is very slack. All of this is speculation of course, but i think that is the point of the thread :)

DeletedUser

My top 3 would have to be bones and skulls Awoken problem and the buccaneers (shameless self vote) ;) I think i expected a lot better than what impact have done so far they have some good individual players but i reckon the team play is very slack. All of this is speculation of course, but i think that is the point of the thread :)

No no, The Buccaneers SINK. Oh guess im in wrong thread again :)

DeletedUser

Not much drama in O54, although the impact players in O54 haven't been putting up too much resistance to the dogs of war farming attacks. Us Dogs are pretty much lashing out at everyone with some weak retaliation. :)

DeletedUser40768

Cbenny's team doesn't look very bad either.

lol I would have to disagree, they declared war on Impact shortly after we started farming some of their cities in 44. Their diplomat proceeded to attack Shrefty with 5 LS, and when that failed the attacks pretty much stopped coming. So now we are farming their cities without any resistance :) Perhaps they are targeting another alliance though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

Well Lane, since it seems I am right about my suspicions, hehe. These are the things Hydra had problems with, leadership ( even though I was leading but with 3 founders and only 1 doing most of the work ... I'll get back to that ), morale of the alliance ( With most of the top alliances going up against us the morale was decreasing with each city lost even though we were still holding our own and conquering the enemies cities more than they were to us ), we also suffered from member criticism, with a lot of experienced members to deal with and each having their own playing style, each one will also criticize how you run an alliance, what you do and your actions.

I noted all these things down for Impact just in case they happened to suffer from any of these problems. BUT, it is just gossip. My new opinion to this would be that Inglorious Basterds are the best alliance :D. Of course, biased. Its been a long time since I actually enjoyed being apart of an alliance.

ill tell you why hydra fell... for starters you had 3 founders, thats a recipe for disaster to begin with. secondly you didnt have any diplomacy, diplomacy is often overlooked but if you play your cards right, it can give you a huge advantage. many times accomplishing unexpected things. In your case you guys needed friends. Those are the two main reasons Hydra fell.