Pnp The Great White Hype!

DeletedUser37733

So, We thought these guys would be fun to fight. War was declared, then some of their top players went into VM... so, what will happen with this war? I have personally taken 3 cities, with TWD supporting all of my conquests.

What is the deal? Just an MRA that got exposed??? Anyone have any answers???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everyone on our side had scheduled vm for quite some time. Also, many of the top players you are talking about had hit the vm button days and some even hours before you declared war. You guys did a good job taking cities. As you said, we had several people on vm. It is amazing how often people take a few cities and start pounding their chests. No excuses here. No one is running from you. I can see how it may look currently. I apologize for our recent performance. We will try to do better in the future. Good job last week. Today starts a new one. If you would like some real fun, I encourage you to send CS to my cities. As leader of an MRA, I am sure I won't put up much of a fight.

DeletedUser

Did you take one city from us little fella? You have plenty of cities near me. Come take one little buddy. All I have seen you do on these boards is talk about how bad we are. You at one point outnumbered us in 74 51 to 8. Everything else we had was hours away. It appears you had the overwhelming numbers advantage. We took some cities from you. You took none from us. We have about the same number of cities in 74. Your alliance outnumber mine up there. Tired of the talk. Either come get me or stop beating your chest on the message board.

DeletedUser

Did you take one city from us little fella? You have plenty of cities near me. Come take one little buddy. All I have seen you do on these boards is talk about how bad we are. You at one point outnumbered us in 74 51 to 8. Everything else we had was hours away. It appears you had the overwhelming numbers advantage. We took some cities from you. You took none from us. We have about the same number of cities in 74. Your alliance outnumber mine up there. Tired of the talk. Either come get me or stop beating your chest on the message board.

Condescending undertones usually equate to hurt feelings, you poor thing. 'Come get me' Yes that's exactly what we shall do, forgo any tactical approach and go for the guy puffing his chest out. With the absurdly bad timing I've witnessed from you, I don't think anyone feels entirely threatened or aggravated.

DeletedUser

Simply stating you have yet to take one of our cities yet your guys are constantly on here talking about how bad we are. The condescending undertones come from my general lack of respect for his ability to play or lack there of in relation to his ability to shoot off at the mouth. Take my cities and that condescening undertone may change.

DeletedUser33462

Playing devils advocate here - All alliance have some scrub players, I know several in my alliances (we are working on them!) but TWD/Invictus has been prepping for this war weeks before it started so I hoped for a bit more, All the poor players in TWD seems to be the ones attacking in the first few weeks. We lost count of the Biremes we were attacked with!

Now that PR is back things should get a lot more lively as I expect he will be teaching the newbies how to attack properly so things will get better for TWD and they will take more of our cities then they have, but from sitting on this side of the fence Im fully confident we will take more they you will.

Current score (please note I'm not including all the sub alliances both sides have pulled into the general conflict, 4horsemen/PD/GE/IG etc)
As of 17/07/14 11:00am

CONQUESTS - Lets face it this is the one that matters

Phalanx / Testudo = 18
TWD / Invictus = 2

City Count start of Hostilites // As of 16/07 // Change
Phalanx / Testudo = 267 // 394 // +127
TWD / Invictus = 428 // 432 // +4

Points at start // As of 16/07 // Change
Phalanx / Testudo = 1,685,869 // 2,719,545 // +1,033,676
TWD / Invictus = 2,961,898 // 3,127,016 // +165,118

Sf Edit - Please note in fairness to TWD/Inv a group of their players (who were recruited as cannon fodder) decided to join us rather then lose all their cities, hence why the city number growth and points massively favor us.

DeletedUser

As I said previously, Congrats. I appreciate that edit because that does skew the numbers considerably. Not to mention the two that had been on vm mode for a month a ghosted. I hope they are ok in rl. You also have to add in the ones that you have recruited and not taken. However, the one number that matters is 18-2. That is true.Apologies for the bir attacks, we got some players in merges who are going to have to get sorted out. Honestly, I have told everyone that will listen you are whipping us. Ever heard of the rope-a-dope? Just kidding. We will turn it around and I promise you a proper war. The first few weeks, you guys will help me sort out the ones I don't know that well.

DeletedUser33462

we got some players in merges who are going to have to get sorted out.

I feel your pain here, I'm still educating a few of our players

We will turn it around and I promise you a proper war. The first few weeks, you guys will help me sort out the ones I don't know that well.

I agree, I predict things will get better for you guys unless ofc some other Core alliance doesnt jump you and give you a big headache :)

Ill keep updating the conquests/cities/points etc every few weeks just to see how things are ticking across.
Ill stick my neck out and go on record that in 2 weeks it will be 26-9 in conquests.

DeletedUser

Are we taking bets?
Also, tbf to TWD/Inv, they gave a cracking time attacking us out of nowhere, not sure if it was sheer luck or worked out but they managed to capture a few (Not too sure the number, I think it was 7?) cities from PD whilst they were offline, also using our inactives and a few new players to give them a base in 74.

DeletedUser

I considered it to be sheer luck at the time. Sheer luck that we had a city sitting up there that became CS ready about the time cities up there came out of bp. Sheer luck that we hit people offline. All arbitrarily decided and launched. I had heard that God takes care of drunks and fools. It has been clearly stated we are fools. I was probably also drunk when we launched. Double whammy I guess.

DeletedUser33462

Update

Well its gone a bit quiet this war, Ive been on holiday for a bit so not missed out on much!!

Total Conqests

Phalanx / Testudo = 25 (+7 on last update)
TWD / Invictus = 2 (No change)

City Count

Phalanx / Testudo = 491 (+97 on last update)
TWD / Invictus = 449 (+21 on last update)

So in the last 11 days we have only taken 7 of TWD/Inv cities in the return for 0 losses, but the big thing is we're expanding 5 times as fast (almost) than TWD/Inv as they look like they are having issues with inactivity

Update : TWD are fighting back now, about half a dozen conquests in the last week! When Im back off vac mode (work...) Ill update.