Free Crowns!!

DeletedUser38168

thanks for the posting privet mails Conqueror II showing your class yet again

but since u have u clearly see a merge was talked about but nothing was promised in way of crowns i see many many ppl here where crowns are the be all and end all for them not for many in our alliances who are team players and that is why we have success.

DeletedUser22115

Phil your words have truly ended this conversation, most players dont mind about crowns at this stage. Most players who have played a few servers more than likely have one.

Thanks to Phil for his words of wisdom

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46838

And according to my secret info, he's also in Phi...he should know that this world has only been open for like at most 4 months.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Phil your words have truly ended this conversation, most players dont mind about crowns at this stage. Most players who have played a few servers more than likely have one.

Thanks to Phil for his words of wisdom

I've played many servers, don't have a crown... Had several chances but a crown doesn't bother me, I usually quit before the WW stage lol.

DeletedUser22115

lol thats your own doing though, if you had stayed you probably would have gotten one.

Beer Wench

Phrourach
I would prefer a small alliance that fights above its' weight. Myonia was fun as no pants allowed, but in the end numbers overpowered. Additionally everything grepo adds to the game helps the defender more then the attacker (see Leonidas or however the eff you spell it). A 5 % defense bonus on all your defense vs 10% on one attack.. etc etc.

So how do most people combat this? sister alliances. Name one successful alliance that has not utilized them. Unless you want to get swamped you have to. If you want to end this then start a server that does not allow pacts, does not allow shared forums, reservations or anything else. grepo is becoming the equivalent of the Cold War on most speed 3 revolt servers (2 big powers). We still get good fights, and ops are more important as with the defender inherent bonuses a 1v1 fight is becoming much more difficult, but something needs to change, (maybe lower the wall def boost? anything would help grepo)

as far as crowns, every alliance starts this when they aren't in the lead, its just noise, start a division etc.. crowns = 50 more favor..yippee want mine?

DeletedUser22115

No offense BeerWench there is multiples of great alliance who have won multiple's of servers, some of the players from these alliances are in the NI alliance. Such as players from Eviction Notice in Rho, GrepoHugs in Gamma, I believe Project Venom had no sister alliances or pacts even correct me if im wrong. being the first one that comes to mind. I can name several more alliances that have succeeded without academies. But i totally agree with your statement defenders have a great advantage if they can play their cards right. If a player is stupid with his cards and cant play em' right then you can have a bp fest.

Beer Wench

Phrourach
recent revolt 3 servers without a sister in recent history? not talking about 2 years ago, asking about current success without them. On a slower server seems more plausible but have not seen it on a speed 3 in last 4-5 I've been on, not saying it hasn't not happened. disagreeing with me is not offensive mate.

most likely my last grepo server unless a re-balancing is on the horizon

Last edited:

DeletedUser31143

Plan? What plan?! Clocks members have been demanding to know what plan does Clocks have in mind. I have questioned glory many times myself as well. All he said is to win the world, that's it.

In the MM, he keeps mentioning about winning the world. We all know that realistically, Clocks will never win Nysa themselves. They can only help Knights win, and jump to Knights for the crown if, and when, they control all 7 WW.

Promises and hopes given to members. Clocks have leaders who really really want to win a crown. I know first hand because i was a leader of Clocks. Ephesians and glory keep talking about we will be merging into Knights eventually. Look where Ephesians is now. glory is the leader who makes all decision so of course he will stay in Clocks, and of course Knights will handpick him to join when the day comes.
All Andromach wants is to win a crown too. How to win a crown, that's probably all she talks about in the internal forums.

Moravak, without a doubt the best player and leader of Clocks, left because he despise glory's policy of running an academy for Knights. riotdog hates it too but said he will only leave the world when there is no fight left. Many long-time Clocks members have also told me how they agree with me, that i have spelled out their thoughts in words.

I'm just a little disappointed by the fact that many of them do not have the courage to make the jump away from Clocks because they want to remain on the safe side. If only they do.

I haven't stopped by here for a while; been in VM due to RL issues (moving, family, health issues). I will come out of VM shortly but wanted to comment on this.

I have never desired nor do I desire a crown so you can subtract me from the number of players who desire a crown. Playing Grep during WWs is as exciting as watching paint dry. I play Grep to fight, not for crowns.

When Moravak, jakobhstraessle, and I started out, we wanted to be the underdogs and play defense. We soon joined Glory and Clocks, who were also only three or four players. We became successful and grew. Always fighting ... I love fighting. None of us envisioned surviving this long and becoming a top 12 alliance. Much less have a sister alliance in the top 20.
Along the way, we've had some great players join us. Nui T was a total noob when he started with us and I'm proud to see how good of player he's grown into - I initially voted against him joining us because we were a small, tight team fighting teams 5x our size. He's now a great Grep player - hopefully due to the mentoring he got from his teammates.

Given our history, I find it ironic that Clocks/Horloges (I also opposed a sister alliance, but eventually found myself being the one who pushed hard for it) is now considered 'safe'.

Conqueror II, I'm sorry to see you leave - you're a good player. My recommendation to you is not post internal exchanges in the future, as publicly posting confidential messages reflects poorly on the person who posts that information. It's WAY too early discuss crowns anyway, so this is a lot of angst over a silly subject. It's like discussing the difficulty of managing 100 cities in the first week of a world.

To all of my Clock/Horloge brothers and sisters, I'll be back as soon as I've got a couple more issues wrapped up ... still haven't gotten a final agreement on the house we want to buy.

DeletedUser27610

Well put bro. Crowns in the end are only targets you paint upon yourself every time you start in a world. Personally, I'd much rather get the daily awards (attacker preferably) as those look better and they signify much more than just being part of a group who got all 7 WWs.

DeletedUser

now it may be due to my newness to the game(is my first world) but based on what i can tell, it is way to early to be talking about the end game am i correct? It seems like this is a pointless conversation, granted most forum post are, I understand the mindset is to win the world but I play based on the game being time consuming as well as more fun than I thought it would be, never played a game like this before of any type, I understand the value of having a sister alliance, I feel you need more than 50 people to win a world like this, from what i can gain their are many great players as well as many great alliances...ours included...these worlds revolve around teamwork and strategy, I would rather work well as a team and take over cities and have wars...for instance our current war with LOL and LOM...which we are winning pretty big, than to have 4 top heavy groups that have decent players that spend $100 a week to make them selves feel better about being good at a game like this. The whole point of the post is have fun, enjoy the game, I am sure the numbers in the world will drop once it gets closer to the end, and enjoy your team and hopefully you can play together for more worlds to come...anyway, gl to everyone, riotdog, good luck with the home purchase, they are a real pain, just went through that, and have fun everyone...1 last thing, phil...learn to spell better

DeletedUser27610

And how is raking in DBP bad?

It's not just DBP. Starting a world even just a little late as a crown will make you a target and thusly, players that have a few cities will gladly rim you over and over again. That happens a lot because rimming a guy with a crown has immense personal satisfaction.

Noz The Greek

Phrourach
It's not just DBP. Starting a world even just a little late as a crown will make you a target and thusly, players that have a few cities will gladly rim you over and over again. That happens a lot because rimming a guy with a crown has immense personal satisfaction.

Load of crock - too many crowns to care now.

DeletedUser41851

a crown means nothing since anyone can get it at the end. The real winners get the crown after the 7 WW are built, then comes the losers and build there 7 wonders, why, because the winning alliance ghosted and now anyone can get a crown. Stupid end to a great game.

DeletedUser

EttienneC got that right.. although it's not the only way to get crowns...
but what's most important right now is that the players have fun...,
everyone are different, if that's their idea of having fun, then let them be...
if you wanna push your own ideals against them, then be the better player
and show them that your ways can produce results too...

DeletedUser

when i played Chi
i had more fun after the WW race and wish the game would support more worlds after the WW era
seems pointless to let the world go after that ...when just a few adjustments can keep it fun
world domination should be the next step
at the end of Chi we had some great wars for fun and kept shared tabs for lighthearted banter
and it was more fun and challenging then all the dang WW rubbish
and i have never targeted players with crowns ...does not mean much to me as i have seen players play well in one world and horrible in the next

DeletedUser27610

Well, can't argue with experience...I blow bubbles in this game. :cool: