Top 12 Sink-or-Swim

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

Zarun-

Strategos
Bit late in the world to call sink/swim so top 12 straight up.

1. Knights Who Say Ni - One of the most dominating alliances on this server. They are filled with good players that joined the world, and strong recruits from other alliances around them that they eliminated or absorbed. Allied with Clocks and League of Legions against hata an fhir and co. They get takes all the time, but some internals too - notably RobH who left recently, giving away all his cities minus one.

2. hata an fhir - Avoiding bias.

3. See Knights.

4. HARPOON - Relocated south early and now are doing really well, considering they moved to avoid heavy losses by the now defunct Acid Reign. Having finished up a number of wars, they are focusing on League of Legions and League of Maniples - doing pretty well by last count.

5. The League of Legions - An alliance that has done a solid job of securing islands is now starting to lose some of that gain to hata an fhir and HARPOON. This is after being forced to finally face two top alliances, something they managed to avoid for most of Nysa. They still defend well and make some offensive gains against both groups.

6. New World Order - Formerly Warlords, Pandamonium, and a few others in an all new package that has been impressive as of late. They are taking more cities from Knights than anybody else on the server, as far as I can tell. If they keep this up then they are definitely here to stay but still need to defend.

7. Morning Glory - After securing the northern part of 45 and a chunk of 44, they have spread west. Currently fighting a few alliances at the moment and winning. However they have not done much about the growing Knights threat in 44 or southwestern 54. They have dropped a number of cities to them and apparently are not taking any. They may be forced to change focus once finishing up current wars.

8. hata.an.fhir - See hata.

That's all I have the energy for right now. I'll do 9-12 later. Only did this to keep thread relevant and mods from binning it.

DeletedUser22650

lazy boy....i havent being paying attention to anyone too far to bomb and im allso lazy so not looking at stats, these are my completely anecdotal opinions on the top 12

1 Knights who say NI ~ i hear of players building offence for each other to bomb and warp the abp rankings, if true you guys know who you are, i would be too disgusted with myself to log in if i couldnt take my abp from red flagged targets, combined with all of the branches i predict the name of ni will be forgotten to the pages of grepo obscurity a few seconds after nysa closes whether they win or not

2 hata an fhir ~ i allways think of these as the mad hatters, dont know a great deal more than that other than im a great believer the number 2 alliance should be at war with the number 1 and these seem to be so thats a plus mark

3 Sinners who say NI ~ arnt a lot of these formally eviction notice? never played against them but that seems to proud a name being sold out by agreeing to be second fiddle to another banner :/

4 HARPOON ~ they have their name in caps which is all the rage this season, allso been out conquering most squads conquest rates lately

5 The League of Legions ~ i dont know who these guys are, this is the first time ive looked at the alliance ranks in weeks, are these new?

6 New World Order ~ these need a snappier name, new world order just leaves me cold

7 Morning Glory ~ this name is snappier but i cant believe theyre getting away with it

8 hata.an.fhir ~ mad hatters with dots? tut tut, didnt realize you guys were spooning with branches too, thats a minus mark :p

9 The Delos Elite ~ i allways think of these as that Irish alliance, but thats just because 1 guy has Galway in his name

10 Clocks ~ i just imagine crazy ppl with hundreds of clocks on every inch of wall in their houses and watches on their ankles

11 League of Maniples ~ dont know these either are they new too?

12 THE BARBARIANS ~ these were founded in o33 but still seem to think they can mix it with the core squads, it must be because they're all barely literate ungovernable savages.....im definitely biased but definitely the most fun squad on nysa :p

DeletedUser

Hey, LoL, I guess you guys still haven't heard about walls.

i very much doubt you want me to start posting screen shots every stupid report i see
so let it rest and have some respect

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind it actually :p Perhaps some people can learn from their mistakes that way.

And have some respect? Has someone died? To my mind I've said nothing disrespectful, it's part of the game.

DeletedUser32029

Hey dux, perhaps of you see the name closely....you will find almost all of orginial people in knights and hata are same alliance player right from world rethymnos.(you should be experienced to reconize those names)

Our split happen in us22 phi......and now we are here fighting with each other, but both alliance have respects for each other.

Both of the alliance people hated EN and will come together if they see EN coming again.Your posts are more like knights are EN who have come under different banner this time.Believe if real EN have came here you would have seen whole world vs them.
We have came here by our skills, diplo and strategies which were made before the world started.

Please don't do any top 12 from next time, you seems to be the least knowledgeable person about NYSA.

DeletedUser22650

i have absolutly no idea what any of that means except the last line, ill tell you what i know about nysa, its a 50 man cap, making 20 branches is cheating to get around this cap out of fear of a proper fight in a chaotic server like nysa was designed to be, i may not know much but i know how snooze worthy your careful skills and diplo strategies are :p

DeletedUser47218

Honestly I'm an unheard unknown player here in Nysa and if known by anyone i was known as Treedaddy. Still few know me.

Fighting one another is a part of the game and this bickering is also a part of the game. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Even if Dux isn't as knowledgeable as some about the goings on in the world I actually enjoyed his opinion. This thread is about people expressing their opinion of other alliances and for people to reflect there views of that persons opinion in a civil manner. I am at war with the NI and have my own opinion on some players that i have fought and I respect these players. Never said a word to Whathell but from what I have seen and read he is level headed and kind even when people aren't showing him the respect he deserves.

With things like the posts about not having walls just take it as a joke and joke back :) Have fun with it. This is a game in the end. Even if it might take up a good part of our lives ;)

DeletedUser

see i know Dux knows more then he is letting on so that i do take as a joke and enjoyed the joke
the post about the walls was arrogant and belligerent ....just trying to be a jerk and i dont really appreciate it
he could have worded that as a lighthearted banter ...but he choose another route
i do enjoy friendly back and forth ...but that comes with equal level of respect ...i very much respect both alliances i am at war with and i would hope they also respect us...i feel the level of competition in this world has been fun and unmatched by many worlds and look forward to the months to come :pro:
i do know there will always be a certain level of propaganda in the externals...i choose to not engage in that ...but do understand it is needed and enjoyed by some... and it even keeps the forum going at times...lol

:pro:

DeletedUser47218

I love the banter and that is what makes the forums entertaining and worth coming back to. In game and on the forums respect is key. I respect players based on who they are and how they react to situations set before them. Such as you Whathell. I like the name, I like the way you respond to people even if they are not as nice as they should be ;) and even if we are in a sort enemies :p. The best wars are when you can be against good respectable players.

Now we should probably get back on topic :p

I haven't been much into politics so I'll give my view on a couple Alliances/Families/Coalitions.

The NI - Very large family of alliances. Many good players among them and some may or may not be simmers but lets be honest, It happens to the best of us when there are no good targets. I have come to respect some players more than others but in the end a lot of decent players there. They have been forced to be more defensive lately because of constant attacks from everywhere so they have also been forced to pick their targets carefully. Such as taking inactive players. It is honestly just the smart thing to do. These guys are happily swimming in bp.

THE BARBARIANS- These players work well together and I have seen great things. I contemplated applying for that alliance in the beginning but am happy where I am. Players like Thordog, The Soiled Knight, Canby, and KungFuChicken have stood out to me. They may not be ranked as high as others but these players should not be doubted.

The Coalition- This coalition is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Personally I don't like the idea of family tribes and would rather only have 2-3 allies at most, but it seems to be working out. Some alliances are taking strides while others are walking trough. Good players here and there. Nothing too spectacular yet. I guess I will just have to wait and see what this world has yet to offer!

I apologize for any messed up names or facts as I said I am not into politics much.

DeletedUser24785

12 THE BARBARIANS ~ these were founded in o33 but still seem to think they can mix it with the core squads, it must be because they're all barely literate ungovernable savages.....im definitely biased but definitely the most fun squad on nysa

Not totally 'ungovernable' just given a free rein to attack , its a war game, too many friends leads to boredom and quitters.Plenty of time for a late rim alliance to have some fun, shame we weren't here from the outset.
As for the top 12, any alliance deserves respect having made the grade. We don't do branches or academies, though i understand cap limits seem to promote this route.

DeletedUser38594

lazy boy....i havent being paying attention to anyone too far to bomb and im allso lazy so not looking at stats, these are my completely anecdotal opinions on the top 12

1 Knights who say NI ~ i hear of players building offence for each other to bomb and warp the abp rankings, if true you guys know who you are, i would be too disgusted with myself to log in if i couldnt take my abp from red flagged targets, combined with all of the branches i predict the name of ni will be forgotten to the pages of grepo obscurity a few seconds after nysa closes whether they win or not

2 hata an fhir ~ i allways think of these as the mad hatters, dont know a great deal more than that other than im a great believer the number 2 alliance should be at war with the number 1 and these seem to be so thats a plus mark

3 Sinners who say NI ~ arnt a lot of these formally eviction notice? never played against them but that seems to proud a name being sold out by agreeing to be second fiddle to another banner :/

4 HARPOON ~ they have their name in caps which is all the rage this season, allso been out conquering most squads conquest rates lately

5 The League of Legions ~ i dont know who these guys are, this is the first time ive looked at the alliance ranks in weeks, are these new?

6 New World Order ~ these need a snappier name, new world order just leaves me cold

7 Morning Glory ~ this name is snappier but i cant believe theyre getting away with it

8 hata.an.fhir ~ mad hatters with dots? tut tut, didnt realize you guys were spooning with branches too, thats a minus mark :p

9 The Delos Elite ~ i allways think of these as that Irish alliance, but thats just because 1 guy has Galway in his name

10 Clocks ~ i just imagine crazy ppl with hundreds of clocks on every inch of wall in their houses and watches on their ankles

11 League of Maniples ~ dont know these either are they new too?

12 THE BARBARIANS ~ these were founded in o33 but still seem to think they can mix it with the core squads, it must be because they're all barely literate ungovernable savages.....im definitely biased but definitely the most fun squad on nysa :p

LOL! I am a Barbarian. I thought the alliance was called college professors. I thought I would be involved in some profound, esoteric debates on economics, macro and micro biology, politics, theology and the consumption of copious amounts of alcoholic beverages at any given time of day.so I applied immediately While biting the head off my grandsons pet hamster and feeding the body to him in a sandwich:p . I was right, though not in the manner I was anticipating. We discuss how much, or little gold we should spend, which players we should kill, large or small, the benefits of being in an alliance with like minded savages, which god best serves the purpose of a cities military and social structure. and alcohol consumption. Being an Illiterate, ungovernable savage is an undeniable prerequisite to Barbarian membership. I feel right at home with these guys and girls. Drinking alcohol though is universal whichever social, biological, political, or theological standpoint you adhere yourself to. We are all genocidal beer swilling promiscuous savages. Although I would disagree with the term ungovernable because we are all sing from the same hymn sheet. "KILL EM ALL!" Maybe we are all inbred. (That would explain a lot) Or is that just me?

DeletedUser40267

What's a Barbariaane? and why do all you peoples keep drink all my booze!

DeletedUser

LOL! I am a Barbarian. I thought the alliance was called college professors. I thought I would be involved in some profound, esoteric debates on economics, macro and micro biology, politics, theology and the consumption of copious amounts of alcoholic beverages at any given time of day.so I applied immediately While biting the head off my grandsons pet hamster and feeding the body to him in a sandwich:p . I was right, though not in the manner I was anticipating. We discuss how much, or little gold we should spend, which players we should kill, large or small, the benefits of being in an alliance with like minded savages, which god best serves the purpose of a cities military and social structure. and alcohol consumption. Being an Illiterate, ungovernable savage is an undeniable prerequisite to Barbarian membership. I feel right at home with these guys and girls. Drinking alcohol though is universal whichever social, biological, political, or theological standpoint you adhere yourself to. We are all genocidal beer swilling promiscuous savages. Although I would disagree with the term ungovernable because we are all sing from the same hymn sheet. "KILL EM ALL!" Maybe we are all inbred. (That would explain a lot) Or is that just me?

I have never seen this many five dollar words used in one post
WOW!!!!
a drunk savage with a dictionary ....and what seems be great spelling, punctuation and complete sentences ...it would take me too long to verify all those large words are spelled correct....and i am not a punctuation or complete sentence expert...far from it...as you can tell by my posts...just a mix i am not used to seeing..:eek:......+rep brother :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24785

Don't forget BARBS, Summer ball is due soon, as we have few Screaming Barb Females we may have too go and do a little rampaging, no your sheep and goats do not count and won';t be let in to the MAIN LODGE.
NO OTHER ALLIANCES ARE NOT INVITED WITHOUT GIVING UP 1 CITY PER INVITE.
It is a private party for BARBARIANS only, and to be honest you educated civilised Greeks wouldn't really like it.
NOW and our friends are invited but must leave by 12pm, as sacrifices to our Barbarian gods start around 12.30 and once our ale and nectar start flowing enemies and friends are hard too tell apart.
All invites are RIVP, if you haven't received, your not on the list.

DeletedUser

Hello, "KILL EM ALL!" isn't very inviting unless it is our enemies, the Ni (Nile River flooding them fools into their own graves)

mats25

Phrourach
I love the banter and that is what makes the forums entertaining and worth coming back to. In game and on the forums respect is key. I respect players based on who they are and how they react to situations set before them. Such as you Whathell. I like the name, I like the way you respond to people even if they are not as nice as they should be ;) and even if we are in a sort enemies :p. The best wars are when you can be against good respectable players.

Now we should probably get back on topic :p

I haven't been much into politics so I'll give my view on a couple Alliances/Families/Coalitions.

The NI - Very large family of alliances. Many good players among them and some may or may not be simmers but lets be honest, It happens to the best of us when there are no good targets. I have come to respect some players more than others but in the end a lot of decent players there. They have been forced to be more defensive lately because of constant attacks from everywhere so they have also been forced to pick their targets carefully. Such as taking inactive players. It is honestly just the smart thing to do. These guys are happily swimming in bp.

THE BARBARIANS- These players work well together and I have seen great things. I contemplated applying for that alliance in the beginning but am happy where I am. Players like Thordog, The Soiled Knight, Canby, and KungFuChicken have stood out to me. They may not be ranked as high as others but these players should not be doubted.

The Coalition- This coalition is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Personally I don't like the idea of family tribes and would rather only have 2-3 allies at most, but it seems to be working out. Some alliances are taking strides while others are walking trough. Good players here and there. Nothing too spectacular yet. I guess I will just have to wait and see what this world has yet to offer!

I apologize for any messed up names or facts as I said I am not into politics much.

if you want to tell they dont have good targets... then open the map ...they are surrounded with targets....and more than needed...lol