Top 12 Alliances Sink like an anchor or Swim like a Otter

DeletedUser46395

Respectfull??? more like stuck up cause when ever i try to contact somebody in BDL apparently i dont have enough points to talk to them.

So you're trying to join them? Thing about respect is it does have to be earned; try fighting them a bit harder. Your ABP is very low, and apart from a ghost, all your conquests are internal. Go toe to toe with them if you want respect, don't be a simmer. :)

DeletedUser47121

So you're trying to join them? Thing about respect is it does have to be earned; try fighting them a bit harder. Your ABP is very low, and apart from a ghost, all your conquests are internal. Go toe to toe with them if you want respect, don't be a simmer. :)

I was never trying to join them and if you look in grepolis map you will se that all of my cities are on a frontline and are under constant attacks but you probably saw that in the DBP.

DeletedUser46395

I know, your DBP ain't bad - but seriously, attack them, it's loads of fun and you've really nothing to lose. :)

DeletedUser46395

Says the guy who doesn't rally support on the forums (rofl). Bear, you're a trip.

Well I certainly don't come out with as much (pit) bull as you, mate. ;) Incredible that even when I'm defending your alliance's honour you at least still have to make silly playground taunts. Problem is you just don't know what straight talking is, you've been trash talking for so long. Do you really think this guy is going to attack you just because I suggested it here? Do you really think I think I can get the whole server to attack you one player at a time in the external forums? Or maybe, just maybe, you should just read what I write the way it's written, without trying to see hidden motives. 'Cos there ain't any, a concept you just don't seem to be able to grasp. When I say that fighting BD is the most fun I've had in Grepo, that's because it is, not because I'm hoping that it will make everyone think "oh, Bear says the way to have the most fun is to fight BD, so let's do it" - I just don't believe I've got that sort of influence. Well, ANY influence. When I say that I think your alliance will have more respect for someone who attacks you and has more ABP it's not because I think that instantly that will make half the server attack you in the hope of gaining your respect, it's because I think that looking at the guy's stats, that's the best way for him to get your respect. You will overcomplicate very simple statements and continually look for hidden meanings that just ain't there. What I post is either factual, or my honest opinion, and I do try to make it clear which it is; my deviousness extends to deliberately trying to confuse you with honesty, no more, no less. Seems like I'm doing a cracking job on that front, at least. ;)

DeletedUser45085

Thanks for that Wred, always good to get a different perspective; I appreciate that.

Couldn't agree with you more about it being a game - if it's not fun, what's the point? That's what I've always liked about pretty much all your guys, you play the game very hard but have fun doing it and do it with respect. Said it before and I'll say it again, you're the best enemies you can have. :)

ty bear. weve had a few good fights on this server and knights is definitely up there. one of the few alliances that i still have respect for.

DeletedUser47121

Since everybody is complaining about the forum beeing dead i will be lounching new newspaper next week,so i hope you will enjoy.

DeletedUser46395

Nearly a month since the last one, and a lot has happened... so perhaps it's time for another one.

1. S.P.Q.R Empire - seem to be doing OKish in their war with Grim Sleepers, beating lots of small alliances, but the war with Requiem seems to be more about BP than cities at the moment, interesting to see how this develops. Not at any serious risk for now. Swim.

2. Lost Souls - look to be re-energised after the split with LS II and some internal shake-ups, now beating heavily on BDL and catching SPQR like a train. Swim.

3. B.D. Legion - with lots in VM and lots inactive, and losing cities on pretty much all fronts, it's only a matter of time now before they sink. The well-known (although often denied on here) internal divisions finally proved too much, leading to the formation of a new enemy alliance, Freedom, who have put the pressure on in the north that Honour were struggling to achieve. With LS in the south, Knights and Requiem in the west, and the Wargasm Collective in the east that's simply proving too much to handle.

4. Requiem - maybe people will believe what I've been saying about them now. An interesting merge with Independent/Lost Souls II has put them at war with SPQR as well as BD, which given the fact that BD can't have long left and are being savaged by just about everyone gives them something to feed off. Swim.

5. Wargasm - well, they've proved me well and truly wrong. Doing quite well now, they're certainly winning their war with BD and are looking pretty good. Swim.

6. Grim Sleepers - seem to be mostly concentrating on internals at the moment, not a huge amount of conquest activity. They're treading water, so float for now.

7. Knights - still my own alliance, not claiming to be winning the world, but certainly winning the war with BD. Swim.

8. Honour - contrary to what many say, not overly close to Knights and Requiem. Cut off from their war with BD by the appearance of Freedom, and perhaps to protect UoK, they declared war on Freedom, perhaps not the wisest of decisions (especially given the messy way it happened). This war isn't going terribly well for them so far, rather predictably - I make it 7-0 to Freedom at the moment. Float.

9. Phoenix - rim alliance who seem to lose every battle with Top 12 alliances, but because of their position, they should just about float.

10. Freedom - pound for pound, the best fighting machine on the server. Have completely changed the balance of power and are winning on all fronts, but they manage to do it with a sense of humour, unlike some attack dogs we have seen. Only question is over their long-term aims. Swim.

11. The Union of Kalmar - a rim alliance whose only natural enemy is Freedom, which isn't particularly good news. Best they can hope for is to float. Or they and Honour could slug it out, that would be a lot more interesting. ;)

12. Team Canada - neat-looking little rim alliance, seem to be able to fight and are whipping the likes of Phoenix and Kanga Kings. This lot will swim.

DeletedUser46395

One gotta throw an applause on the way they handled Firestorm1 OP... Plain simple great

Yup, outstanding work - their organisation seems to be well under control now. And I detect the hand of good old RT in there. ;)

DeletedUser46391

Yup, outstanding work - their organisation seems to be well under control now. And I detect the hand of good old RT in there. ;)

Not at all bud was all. It was all our ops planners work.

He is very, very good at his job.

DeletedUser

When someone does, it should be based on the following ranking:

1) WG / GS / WGS: 24 million points
2) Knights / Requiem: 22 million points
3) Lost Souls: 16 million points
4) SPQR: 15 million points
5) Freedom: 6 million points
etc etc - apologies to not mention the alliances below this my time typing this is limited.

I will be VERY interested to see, with these "true" rankings - whether the top 3 all stay best of friends in the coming months and continue to "gang up" on the alliances below themselves.... or will they realise - looking at the long term picture rather than the short term - the biggest threat is actually each other....

DeletedUser

When someone does, it should be based on the following ranking:

1) WG / GS / WGS: 24 million points
2) Knights / Requiem: 22 million points
5) Freedom: 6 million points
etc etc - apologies to not mention the alliances below this my time typing this is limited.

I will be VERY interested to see, with these "true" rankings - whether the top 3 all stay best of friends in the coming months and continue to "gang up" on the alliances below themselves.... or will they realise - looking at the long term picture rather than the short term - the biggest threat is actually each other....

Let me fix this for you ;)
1) Knights / Requiem / Freedom: 28 Million Points
2) WG / GS / WGS: 24 million points

DeletedUser47121

Sooo Freedom and Knights became best buddies,basicly Knights didnt allow BDL members to join them but a name change and there we go they already became sisters.

JNw9iKO.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

Let me fix this for you ;)
1) Knights / Requiem / Freedom: 28 Million Points
2) WG / GS / WGS: 24 million points

And let me fix it for you: ;)

1) Lost Souls/Requiem 27 million points
2) WG/GS/WGS 24 million points
3) Knights/Freedom 18 million points
4) SPQR 16 million points

That reflects the fighting reality, but Freedom are very much themselves in terms of strategy, policy and so on.

Sooo Freedom and Knights became best buddies,basicly Knights didnt allow BDL members to join them but a name change and there we go they already became sisters.

Not really, no; we had nothing against individual BDL members and indeed have picked up one or two ourselves, but couldn't accept the terms of a merger designed to throw players to the wolves, either ours or theirs. By the time of that offer, we were already good friends with Freedom, and our working partnership had turned the tide of the war in the north and west; BDL leadership was ignoring the guys who left to form Freedom, yet they were the bulwark against us. BDL leadership underestimated both the threat from us, and the value of the defensive role that the Freedom guys were performing. Probably their costliest mistake of all.
It's true that some of the former BDL members left high and dry by the disbanding of the alliance ended up in Freedom via a circuitous route, but (a) another sovereign alliance's membership is an issue for them, not us - we're not joined at the hip, and (b) as I've said, it was nothing to do with individual members, but the idea of a merge designed to sacrifice players. Merges are in any case almost always a very bad idea IMHO; the fall of BDL is a case study in that. Factions and egos get in the way of the good of the alliance as a whole. Freedom have absorbed these guys as individuals, rather than as a merge, and I think that's a recipe for much more harmonious working.

So your statement is both inaccurate in many areas, and a gross oversimplification in the remaining ones.

DeletedUser

Seriously though, new top 12...anyone? I enjoy reading your different opinions here, so much so that I decided to finally join.

DeletedUser46395

OK, let's give it a bash...

For the record, my definition of "swim" is to make it to the WW era.

1. Lost Souls

Slightly ahead of SPQR on points, LS have had a good time of late. They did pretty well out of the BDL war and against their successors, and are comfortably on top against SPQR, albeit that numbers aren't particularly high at this stage. Leadership seems settled, relations with friendly alliances under control, all looking pretty good at the moment, so swim.

2. S.P.Q.R Empire

Just off the top slot, and behind against LS and Requiem, but ahead against the Wargasm Collective and absolutely murdering lesser alliances, it's a slightly mixed picture for SPQR. Leadership changes and inactives (well, it is the summer) have added to their difficulties, but they seem to be coping reasonably well, and it's very hard to see them doing anything but swim.

3. Wargasm

Did respectably against BDL, but behind in all their current wars, they have the distinction of actually being down against UKHL. But the numbers in any of their current wars aren't big, so not too much should be read into it.
It will be interesting to see how they cope with war on two fronts, with SPQR and Knights and Freedom. My expectation is probably that they will lose some ground, but hold their core, but it's early days - I'll say float due to that uncertainty, but it'll take a lot more than we've seen to make them actually sink.

4. Knights

Yeah, my own alliance, so I'll not say too much. Swim, of course.

5. Requiem

Unrecognisable as the Requiem of old, current Requiem is very much Lost Souls II reincarnated. Slaughtering the likes of Erysian Sword and other lesser alliances, and comfortably up against SPQR, Requiem can only swim.

6. Grim Sleepers

Ahead against smaller alliances but behind against SPQR, GS look to me like they struggle due to geography, without an enemy of the right size for them. Can't help thinking that they would be better off fighting Wargasm than being them, if you see what I mean, but clearly that won't happen. Too good to sink, they'll swim, but without a lot of direction, I fear, so heaven only knows where they'll actually swim to.

7. Freedom

Perhaps lost some of their mystique when they picked up the last of the BDL stragglers, but they remain a deeply impressive fighting force, ahead in all of their wars. They have a lovely, uncomplicated approach to the game - if it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kill it just in case. Swim.

8. UKHL

Or Union of Kalmar, as was - although since the merger with Honour, the stronger and more active players are now generally in this alliance. Doing fairly well against Wargasm, not so well against Freedom, but still short of action. Float

9. Phoenix

Taking a bit of a kicking from Grim Sleepers and SPQR, it's hard to see this lot ever amounting to more than a minor regional power, and in all likelihood, they will sink.

10. UHKL

The alliance formerly known as Honour, but now filled mostly with the weaker elements of the combine. The one surviving alliance not to have profited by BDL's demise, either militarily or diplomatically, their poor decisions got them into wars with Freedom and Knights that they just aren't capable of winning. Bit of an odd decision to ally and then merge with the only alliance that might make a suitable target and end up in wars with superior ones, but hey...
Sink, I'm afraid, however much I might like Johnny and Yarash.

11. Erysian Sword

You are joking, right? Erysian Sword in the top 12? Surely some mistake? The reality is they can't live with anyone in the top 10. Risible Sword, more like.Sink.

12. WGS

Wargasm's academy. See Wargasm.