Nysna /most boring server ever or just the way Grep. has gone?

DeletedUser24785

Just asking for general views here. I didn't play for a while and recently returned, is it now common practice to have as many branches and allies as possible?
Has Grep. become all about winning WW and gaining a Crown that actually used to mean you battled your way to victory instead of 5 months of simming waiting for WW to actually begin.
Is anyone still interested in playing a war game?
Has the WW crown system made the game better , or just encouraged simming ?
I'd just like other , older players views, as to me the game seems to have lost something.

SlothTzu

Strategos
The game was perfect just before they brought out 2.0, I miss that.

But on the server's I'm playing on, this is pretty normal. Seems it's just the game.

DeletedUser22940

Ive been playing for quite some time but not pre 2.0 so I cannot speak to the quality of life back then.
I will say that I have been on a few servers come WW time though and it was never quite as dreadful as Nysa.
Back on Delphi and Helorus we were fighting till the bitter end.
the big difference I see here on Nysa is the fact that in the beginning certain people made it a point to drop near each other and pact up. This has forced others to form pacts in the same manner just to be able to compete. When you have 200 vs. 200 in a 50 cap world, well, its just not right.
If you think this world is boring, you should check Ialysos out some time....
Quite frankly, the EN crew has ruined the past few speed 3 worlds with their mob tactics and its sickening. They join the world with crowns on their mind and change the course of the world. They wont ever fight each other ( I proposed this to them on Ialysos and got reemed out for even suggesting it lol) so that leaves us with a bunch of hogwash......a shame really

DeletedUser22650

WW means instead of trying to conquer the most territory posible alliances colonize and sim as many points in the smallest area posible for shorter res shipping later

Clicky farming means instead of an hour or 2 each day farming and the rest of the time fighting and looting you need to spend 12-18 hours a day clicking to get max res which is just mind numbing and turns ppl into morons

Shared dbp means instead of attacking and getting noticed so you get hit back personally you just hide out and lend defenders for your bp

these 3 things are a perfect storm of settings that destroy all fun and strategy from the game and turn it into what muppet has the most money and theres no hope to be found of it getting better again judging by the future features coming up its just getting worse.....yes nysa is the worst and most boring server ive been on, but its a long term trend, been slipping along that path for a long time, and im sure i come across as a moaning idiot that should stop spamming instead of a frustrated long term paying customer that used to be passionate about this product, hey thats inno for you

DeletedUser

Must agree this is worst server i have seen, some people here should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing will ever change and the good players will slowly leave grepo as they have been doing.

DeletedUser46395

Shocking standard of play, utter dishonesty - not fun at all. Too fast, no morale and absurdly small alliance caps are most of the problem, suited those prepared to pay their way to advantage rather than play their way. The only good thing is it'll end soon...

Beer Wench

Phrourach
Ive been playing for quite some time but not pre 2.0 so I cannot speak to the quality of life back then.
I will say that I have been on a few servers come WW time though and it was never quite as dreadful as Nysa.
Back on Delphi and Helorus we were fighting till the bitter end.
the big difference I see here on Nysa is the fact that in the beginning certain people made it a point to drop near each other and pact up. This has forced others to form pacts in the same manner just to be able to compete. When you have 200 vs. 200 in a 50 cap world, well, its just not right.
Quite frankly, the EN crew has ruined the past few speed 3 worlds with their mob tactics and its sickening. They join the world with crowns on their mind and change the course of the world. They wont ever fight each other ( I proposed this to them on Ialysos and got reemed out for even suggesting it lol) so that leaves us with a bunch of hogwash......a shame really

lol so if the EN crew you speak of is Ni, with our barely over 2 branches vs the coalition of 5 NDO, 2 hata, 1 tub, 1 BD, 2 glory h, yeah but the Ni branch ruined it right? come on pleasss. at least make sense in your rant.

edit yes we have great friends in clocks and LOL but why wouldnt we when the world is pacted

Feel free to look at the alliances we have taken cities from over the past 2 weeks

join Ni its not boring!

Last edited:

DeletedUser22940

I am talking about the beginning of the world, read more carefully.
you set the tone and this is the result
acid reign, acid reign 2, dragoons, dragoons 2, knights. There was another in the mix too but the name eludes me. Dont act ignorant

Beer Wench

Phrourach
I set the tone? if only i was so powerful muhahaha lol we had most alliances wanting to pact and picked only a few that we held to this day, ask our diplo more wanted in, but we wanted a fight. we found plenty of fights, perhaps your alliance had too many 'friends'

again i say join ni end the boredom ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser24785

No one is against NI, as Barbarians we do wonder if this is still a war game. We attacked Delos due to boredom, they being Elite and having 2/3 branches against little old us. Within 2 weeks they have now dropped the Elite ,rightfully so, and now part of a 5 branch MRA, surely this is not the idea of a war game.
All i questioned was is the end game suitable for a war game, ie everyone simming up to WW.

DeletedUser

How many alliances have you absorbed on the way to forming your 2 alliances? This is textbook EN, you pact with everybody then you all fight one until they break. You say to their most actives 'We were impressed with how you fight, we have a place for you here' they then join and you repeat. You condense down, absorb your 'weaker' allies most actives and then by the time WW comes along you have 2 alliances of super actives with loads of cities that will probably win you the world because they will be able to ship tons of resources 18 hours a day. Is that not how it is?
Its very effective, the only way people can compete is by employing similar pack mentalities

Anyway this thread wasnt about NI, EN or any alliance. Its about how ALOT of people think Nysa is one of the worst servers yet ruined by those have entered the world with a premade gameplan with one thing on their mind. You know what would have made this world fun? That instead of pacting in all but 1 direction you actually fought them instead. It makes the 50 alliance cap utterly meaningless because it can be exploited so easily by sisters or allies who you intend to absorb.

People talk about crowns being next to worthless but the Nysa one will be surely at the very bottom of the pile.

DeletedUser41851

wow been a long time since i posted anything but here goes. why speak of EN as ruining the last few speed 3 worlds, i guess you were on ialysos and got it handed to you, now you are sour about that. but if you have to mention one world, and i can only think of one where EN ruined a world, and that was ialysos. and not because they wanted to, because they had a plan while the rest did not, they have the most active players on grepo, and the others don't, so instead of complaining about EN, get yourselves some active friends as the EN crew has. But back to the point, that is one server EN might have ruined with their tactics. And no other

How many alliances have you absorbed on the way to forming your 2 alliances? This is textbook EN, you pact with everybody then you all fight one until they break. You say to their most actives 'We were impressed with how you fight, we have a place for you here' they then join and you repeat. You condense down, absorb your 'weaker' allies most actives and then by the time WW comes along you have 2 alliances of super actives with loads of cities that will probably win you the world because they will be able to ship tons of resources 18 hours a day. Is that not how it is?
Its very effective, the only way people can compete is by employing similar pack mentalities

If i may ask, what is the problem with this strategy, is this not something all alliances should strive to be able to do. Come to a world, dominate, as you break alliances take in their strongest players, move on to the next and do the same. I mean i think that is brilliant, that way you know, WW or not, you have the strongest alliances of most active game freaks there is on a server, that is genius.
And believe me when i say that no one gets begged to join the alliance, they come to us, asking if they can join up, because they know we are the best.

And everyone complains about WW, and i did not play before the WW time, but at this moment, that is the end goal of the game, to build all the WW faster than the other alliances. So why complain that EN of Ni's or whoever comes with a plan to a server to dominate and win the WW, that is the point of the game at the moment. When the end game changes, the tactics will change, but i can tell you, EN of Ni;s or whoever will go to that servers again with a game plan, and win, that is what we are. Winners.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No of course its not something alliances should strive to do because it leads to the situation like we are seeing here. Nobody wants to fight and everybody is just simming it out.
The problem is barely anybody is playing within the rules, its a 50 alliance cap.
People would have respect for an alliance that achieves those goals whilst operating within the rules but bringing 200 players here and teaming up to make your opponents much smaller than you relatively is a cowardly way of playing.

Tried and failed on here to get a 1vs1 fight between big alliances, nobody is interested because 'thats the way the world is' and its something that has been orchestrated from before the beginning.
You are not the best alliance, just the biggest. There is a difference.

DeletedUser24785

WELL I GUESS MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED.
Simming is now how Grep. is played and the war side of playing irrelevent.

DeletedUser41851

the war side is still there, it should be there, this is a war game, but tactics for the end game is what it is at the moment. change the end game, and the way teams can pack etc. and the war side will live on.

DeletedUser22940

Ettienne - I was part of EN, main branch in Ialysos. Left when I realized how poor thir tactics were.
you have to understand that you are forcing alliances to buddy up in thee beginning and it is much easier to forge an alliance than it is to break one. Loyalties get built, friendships made, etc....
not to mention that this world lost a lot of good players early on due to them viewing your tactics as utter cowadice.

DeletedUser

Well the thing is there are not really any tactics, its just a script. Kind of a manual of how to win a crown, 'if X happens refer to page 6'
Its rigid as hell and instead of them altering their play/tactics to fit the current situation (which is how most good alliances operate) the world is altered by their style of play instead.
Now you may come back again and say this is 'genius' but its resulting in many players get disillusioned by the lack of a proper war in a war game.

Some cant wait for a new world to open, some have quit Nysa already and some have quit Grepolis altogether.
Now im obviously not going to blame EN/NI/whoever for all the discontent but the way in which they operate is definitely a contributing factor because of the knock on effects such a setup causes. Hear so much from people from different alliance on Nysa of how they are just sick of it all so its not just one or two bitter people moaning on the externals.

I would say next server can we all agree to wipe out this rubbish, play within the rules and make this war game fun again but we all know thats not going to happen

Beer Wench

Phrourach
no i think a NPC island stacked full of defense that you have to take the island, then u get the wonder would be better. that way ppl on the island fighting for it once u take the city. the simming part of WW sucks

DeletedUser33548

No of course its not something alliances should strive to do because it leads to the situation like we are seeing here. Nobody wants to fight and everybody is just simming it out.
The problem is barely anybody is playing within the rules, its a 50 alliance cap.
People would have respect for an alliance that achieves those goals whilst operating within the rules but bringing 200 players here and teaming up to make your opponents much smaller than you relatively is a cowardly way of playing.

Tried and failed on here to get a 1vs1 fight between big alliances, nobody is interested because 'thats the way the world is' and its something that has been orchestrated from before the beginning.
You are not the best alliance, just the biggest. There is a difference.

I seem to remember the advertisement for Grepolis and it said "form alliances and conquer the world", Isn't that what they are doing???

There was nothing about stick to the alliance cap

DeletedUser

Then why have an alliance cap at all? might aswell say 'its 50 but tbh have as many as you would like'
Its 50. and barely anybody respects it because you can so easily loophole it.

I think the plural in the 'form alliances and conquer the world' part is directed at the multiple people (or multiple worlds they would play) and not an endorsement for multiple branches.