Passed New Building : Arena + Gladiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anmolr

Phrourach
Proposal

A New Building in which different cities can send gladiators for tournaments within alliance or for duels with other players. There can also be bets on the gladiators of a specific match.

Reason

It would be a new edition for the game which can provide for competitions within the alliances.

Details

Arena will cost 6000 of each resource to construct in a city. No player can have more than 1 arena amongst all cities, no matter if he has 1 city or 100 cities.

Training a Gladiator will take 3000 of each resource + 3 Cultural Points.

Like Victory Procession, If a Gladiator wins a specific no. of matches, then it would provide a option for increasing the culture points.

There can also be bets on a match. If it's a duel then the person who wins gets the double of their bet. The person who loses, loses all the bet he placed. The bets must be same from each side.

For a Match, Players can offer like they do in Marketplace, just a little bit different.

There can be 2 types of tournaments :-

1. Inter-Alliance Tournament :- In This Tournament, Leader/Organizer decides the entry fee of the tournament.
The members who pay the entry fees and join the tournament are organised into 8 groups randomly by the computer, In a Group,
Every Player will fight every other player of that group. The Players who get the highest winnings in one group get into quarter finals, then semi-finals and finals.
The total money collected through entry-fee will be distributed in a ratio of 3:2:1 to the Top 3.

2. Major Tournaments : These tournaments will be organized by the administrators. The entry fee will also be decided by them.
These tournaments will also have 8 groups which will also have 8 groups under them, That Means A Total of [8 x 8] = 64 groups.
The winner of each minor group will be decided through the way as it's in Inter-Alliance Tournament [Highest Winnings]. The winner of each minor group will go through the [quarters, semis, finals] system to decide the winner of the major groups. Then The Winners of All Major Groups go through the same system and the Final Winner is decided.
The rewards will be given To The Top 3 Winners of each major group, and finals, And The Winner of each minor group. There will be variation in rewards according to the position of players.

Stats : Gladiators will have stats which will randomly increase as they gain experience by winning matches :-

1. Strength
2. Speed
3. Agility.

Weapons : Weapons for gladiators can be bought in the arena.

Visual Aids :-

Agora --> Culture :-

Arena.jpg

Balance

If warehouse is smaller than the reward, then also he will have rewards like if the warehouse has cap. of 4000 resources, and reward is 6000 resources. Then, It will be there, but The resources from farming and production won't get added up.

Abuse Prevention

I can't think.

Summary

This new building arena will train gladiators which can be used in either tournaments or matches. There are rewards on tournaments and bets can be placed on matches. The Tournaments can be organised by admins or leaders of alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

Interesting, and this would not effect other gameplay in any way except for a few more CP and resources?

DeletedUser

This sounds like a game within the game. An interesting concept but one I personally don't think benefits the game.

How about instead:

With the 4 options you currently have, you are guaranteed a culture point.
The arena could be an alternative choice.

You build a "Coliseum" to host Gladiatorial Games in. This would be in the place of a theater. (Or thermal baths/Library - same thing)

When you click it, instead of seeing a description and a picture you can "host the games"

With it comes obviously a cost: 5k of each resource?
You also have the have to give a prize of silver to the winner.

[1000] {1000 minimum prize}

To run the event you must have 10 participants. Nine plus Yourself.
SO.
Underneath the prize box is an invite option similar to the mailing system.
You enter the name and they appear in a box underneath.
When you have selected all the people you wish to invite to your games, you click a button at the bottom stating "invite all"
Upon clicking it, all those people will get an event inviting them to your games.
Once 9 people have "accepted" the invite to your games, you must go back to the building and click "begin games"

The winner of the games is random and will receive the silver prize for winning.

In your culture view however, it will state:
"Games Participated in" - opposed to your version "Victories Won"
- This will mean you don't really have to train gladiators or pay for them.

A game would take 24 hours to finish. All people who took part would get "1" for participating. Once you reach 10 you would be able to host a "Fan-Fare" which is basically your people celebrating their love for you.

You can only host a fan-fare in towns that have the coliseum, BUT, everyone that participated in your game would have earned "1 Participation" point. This means you could earn one in their town at the same time they earn one in yours.

When you host the Fan-Fare you can not host or participate in any Arena Gladiatorial Games and they take 48 hours to finish. Each Fanfare would be 1 culture point.

Though this is arduous to endure, it would be faster and cheaper than Theater Plays if used right.
Example:

You and 9 friends all host and invite each other to participate in Arena Games.
24 hours later you all have 10 participation points and host a fanfare.

Total cost: 5k of each resource each and 52 hours later you have 1 culture point for it.

Some work-arounds would still need to be worked out...
... And how much for the second fanfare? 10 again? ... or like BP does it rise each time?

-
I like your idea, but I don't like the idea of "random stat increases" or any other variable. If I take part in the gladiatorial games, I would like to get something out of it.
It's a case of : Guaranteed Culture vs Possible Victory and needing 9 more afterward for 1 culture.

Dunno. I just flipped your idea around a bit because I like it, but see too many reasons for it to be dismissed. (Like mine probably has as I made it up as I went along)

P,S. Really do love the pic you provided ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

... And how much for the second fanfare? 10 again? ... or like BP does it rise each time?
Just pointing out that each new victory procession costs effectively the same amount, because every 300 BP you van get a new victory procession. So I imagine that because no other ways to get CP increase in cost as you do more of them it is just a matter of whether or not you retain the points you get from galdiators

Anmolr

Phrourach
This sounds like a game within the game. An interesting concept but one I personally don't think benefits the game.

How about instead:

With the 4 options you currently have, you are guaranteed a culture point.
The arena could be an alternative choice.

You build a "Coliseum" to host Gladiatorial Games in. This would be in the place of a theater. (Or thermal baths/Library - same thing)

When you click it, instead of seeing a description and a picture you can "host the games"

With it comes obviously a cost: 5k of each resource?
You also have the have to give a prize of silver to the winner.

[1000] {1000 minimum prize}

To run the event you must have 10 participants. Nine plus Yourself.
SO.
Underneath the prize box is an invite option similar to the mailing system.
You enter the name and they appear in a box underneath.
When you have selected all the people you wish to invite to your games, you click a button at the bottom stating "invite all"
Upon clicking it, all those people will get an event inviting them to your games.
Once 9 people have "accepted" the invite to your games, you must go back to the building and click "begin games"

The winner of the games is random and will receive the silver prize for winning.

In your culture view however, it will state:
"Games Participated in" - opposed to your version "Victories Won"
- This will mean you don't really have to train gladiators or pay for them.

A game would take 24 hours to finish. All people who took part would get "1" for participating. Once you reach 10 you would be able to host a "Fan-Fare" which is basically your people celebrating their love for you.

You can only host a fan-fare in towns that have the coliseum, BUT, everyone that participated in your game would have earned "1 Participation" point. This means you could earn one in their town at the same time they earn one in yours.

When you host the Fan-Fare you can not host or participate in any Arena Gladiatorial Games and they take 48 hours to finish. Each Fanfare would be 1 culture point.

Though this is arduous to endure, it would be faster and cheaper than Theater Plays if used right.
Example:

You and 9 friends all host and invite each other to participate in Arena Games.
24 hours later you all have 10 participation points and host a fanfare.

Total cost: 5k of each resource each and 52 hours later you have 1 culture point for it.

Some work-arounds would still need to be worked out...

-
I like your idea, but I don't like the idea of "random stat increases" or any other variable. If I take part in the gladiatorial games, I would like to get something out of it.
It's a case of : Guaranteed Culture vs Possible Victory and needing 9 more afterward for 1 culture.

Dunno. I just flipped your idea around a bit because I like it, but see too many reasons for it to be dismissed. (Like mine probably has as I made it up as I went along)

P,S. Really do love the pic you provided ^_^

Just pointing out that each new victory procession costs effectively the same amount, because every 300 BP you van get a new victory procession. So I imagine that because no other ways to get CP increase in cost as you do more of them it is just a matter of whether or not you retain the points you get from galdiators

Agree with you two.

@BuckyKev : I wanted to introduce some more game-play to the game, and another way to gain resources, something like a lottery?

DeletedUser

Yup... I understand Anmolr, but that doesn't mean by way of talking and sharing thoughts the idea cant be improved.

- I am not saying my idea does improve yours, but it doesn't hurt to throw out thoughts and see what is found at the end of the idea discussion. :)

DeletedUser

Interesting idea. I almost feel like this would be a separate game. (There is, in fact a Gladiator-based browser game out there.) It would be a MAJOR update, but could really add to things, especially late in the game.

DeletedUser

Me loves this idea it would be a great addition to the game :)

DeletedUser

I think It would be a great addition to the game especially if you wanted to resolve a conflict without casualty's.
eg.
player A dislikes player B, player B dislikes player A
but neither want to lose units/troops so they fight with their gladiators to resolve their conflict.

DeletedUser

Well, I think that there actually could be abuse :D Listen to this:

Competition: Puts worst weapons on gladiator
Player: Puts on best weapon.

The player would always win but what if the competition loses on purpose in order for "Player" to gain CP and resources.

DeletedUser

BUT why would the competion do that since their gladiator would be killed and they would have to make a new one.

DeletedUser

Gladiator being killed is exactly why i changed the idea.

At the cost of 3 culture for a gladiator that can die, its not worth it.

DeletedUser4013

Even 1 CP is rather costly. Why not make the cost of a gladiator be something like building a Colony Ship, or researching a top level tech? I like this idea as it gives another way to interact with the world and earn CP as well. Way to think outside the box Anmolr.

DeletedUser

I know if at level 22/25 academy you can research gladiators for 8000 of each resource and then you get a gladiator and when they get killed you have to research it again.

DeletedUser

I don't like that, because it would make it completely different from other researches.

DeletedUser2795

and it would take away research points and therefore greatly affect game play 9unless it was worth 0 Rp)

DeletedUser

Yea. It would have to be 0 Research Points. Train Gladiators some where else :D

Anmolr

Phrourach
Gladiators to be trained in Arena, and be Researched in Academy for 0 RP and you have to train them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.