Announcement World Nysa - What would you like to say?

DeletedUser

Your problems are twofold: 1) the spot you are on the map, and 2) likely your leadership has pacted with everyone around you.

1) We made an effort to move towards the core ages ago
2) There was a point where everybody around us was pacted yes but not our choice and resolved that issue pretty quickly

What else have you done except hang around the rim bullying players/alliances smaller than yourself whilst being pacted with the largest on the server for many for months?

I cant remember hearing Clocks getting involved with anything of note and that your leadership had made the decision to make Nysa all about helping NI win since a long time ago. So if your happy playing your minimal risk game then that's fine but if I was in your position then i would be questioning my leadership as to why we had no desire to leave any sort of impact on Nysa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beer Wench

Phrourach
How much would it cost grepo to add commas in the resource area of the WW screen? come on some of us are old. I tire of the my alliance is better then yours debate, the vision is so myopic

DeletedUser

The more pauses you have the less effective your rant becomes :p

DeletedUser31143

What else have you done except hang around the rim bullying players/alliances smaller than yourself whilst being pacted with the largest on the server for many for months?

I cant remember hearing Clocks getting involved with anything of note and that your leadership had made the decision to make Nysa all about helping NI win since a long time ago. So if your happy playing your minimal risk game then that's fine but if I was in your position then i would be questioning my leadership as to why we had no desire to leave any sort of impact on Nysa.

Last I checked, Vehemence was ranked higher than us. And Black Dawn was only one slot lower than us. Each of those alliances have more players than Clocks. What screwed up metric are you using to declare that they're smaller than us?

As for Clocks' impact, it was never formed to 'rule the world'; it was simply a few players who wanted to see how long we could last until getting steamrolled. 5 of us, to be exact - 2 of us remain here. We've rarely had more than 35 players in our alliance and spent most of the first couple of months with less than 20 players. Our goal was to see how long we could last with so few players. I'd say we've been a huge success on that metric. Not everyone plays to get a 'crown'.

We made one lasting pact; it just happened to be with Nis. Early in our existence, we decided that we needed to pact with an alliance on one of four sides of us. Most offered unfavorable terms, but Nis treated us as equals ... this was well before Nis became dominant in this world.
As for WWs, I don't care if Nis 'win' by building WWs - that stuff bores me to death. As far as I'm concerned, the game's over when I don't have anyone to fight me.

Most of us in Clocks have had one simple goal - to fight. While we're the smallest alliance in the top 12, we're ranking #4 in both DBP and ABP, and ranked #5 in total BPs. Higher on all three metrics than your Barbarians.

I read all of these posts whining about how there's no fighting in Nysa. We've done and will continue to do plenty of fighting - with no desire to build WWs. I find it humorous that you complain about no fighting, yet now criticize me/my alliance when we're fighting our butts off. And no, we're not fighting alliances smaller than us unless you're using some bizarre metric to calculate Clocks being bigger than our opponents.
As for the bullying charge, I don't think that the Vehemence player who attacked me and a couple of teammates today would categorize our battles with them as us bullying them. I exchange messages on occasion with one of Black Dawn's leaders, as I fought against them in another world - they're happy with our fighting them. We try to fight as honorably as possible, and they do the same. We don't use spies and as far as I know, they don't have spies in our alliance.
Personally, I find it insulting that you'd disparage the guys we fight with the bullying comments. We're fighting against a lot of very experienced players. Sure, some of them were new to the game, but they've learned and now many of them likely play better than you. It's not necessary for you to insult everyone just because you're unhappy.

What I can't understand is that if you guys are soo unhappy with Nysa, why not just leave? I always leave a world when I get bored, as do most people. I find it strange that anyone who's miserable here would stay.

The more pauses you have the less effective your rant becomes :p

Your rants became ineffective long ago; complaining about how boring this world is, yet staying here is not normal behavior.

DeletedUser

very well written argument riotdog, i might send a 10 hour attack at you just to say i fought you, we clean out the clocks in our area and LOL is more defensive minded, so based on our pact that we have had the whole time we are kind of out of enemies, so WW is boring for me but I will play till the end, it is a shame that NI will win this world, i don't find them to be the powerhouse they think they are, but again well written

DeletedUser31143

very well written argument riotdog, i might send a 10 hour attack at you just to say i fought you, we clean out the clocks in our area and LOL is more defensive minded, so based on our pact that we have had the whole time we are kind of out of enemies, so WW is boring for me but I will play till the end, it is a shame that NI will win this world, i don't find them to be the powerhouse they think they are, but again well written

Yeah, those cities were impossible for us to defend properly - the distance was too far.

Why not talk to Vehemence or Black Dawn and ask for some of their internals so you'd be close enough to have a good fight with us? Like I said previously, we've got our hands full with the Black Dawn/Vehemence/TubOrg./League of Corinth/DogPack/ANARCHY/Impetum pact united against us, but more to fight us is always welcome.

When Moravak, Glory Rises, Exxo, (someone else whose screenname I forgot), and I came together as Clocks (Moravak and I merged into Clocks), we didn't expect to last more than a month. We just wanted to fight with an emphasis on defense. We unexpectantly ended up growing into a top 12 alliance with no plans of going after a crown. As we matured with more players, there were some that wanted us to go for a crown. We agreed to do that, but around the point where I was in VM for a couple of months (put 2 years of vacation time back to back), several key players left to other alliances because they wanted a crown. Funny, almost all of them have left this world. I even got a message from one before he left saying all he wanted to do now was fight ... What the - the guy leaves an alliance that only wants to fight because he wants a crown, then he decides a month later that he just wants to fight?

Crowns don't mean anything to me; I just like a good fight. That's the only reason why I play this game. Not for crowns or any other accolades; just a good fight against another like-minded team.

DeletedUser

I cant be bothered to out essay you, you will probably just win

Only staying here to make it easier to transition to a new world once it opens. A bunch of us dont really play here anymore as there is no drive, we achieved pretty much all we realistically could in our short time.
Yeah yeah your stats are higher but you have been here a month longer so not accepting that one.

Anyway you started with the patronizing of an alliance I expect you know very little about, what do you expect in return?

Beer Wench

Phrourach
as far as punching above their weight, clocks, Tlol, and barbarians are all in the conversation imo. i don't have any experience with vehemence. Individually a few BD members do as well. NDO is probably the biggest dissapointment in the server though from a fighting standpoint.

You can't say Ni punches above or below with any certainity except by comparing to hata really, which was done in another thread.

edit. forgot committed to the crown. def punch above their weight

Last edited:

DeletedUser31143

OK, I understand. All the best to you and everyone.

DeletedUser

Well, considering most of the BD people started much later than the rest of you, we have pretty decent in my eyes. While we are larger than Clocks in terms of members, we have close to the same amount of cities. I didn't start on this world expecting to win a crown after getting a late start of the game. I came here to just fight, and as with riot, I'll be here until there is nobody worth battling against.

I've enjoyed our fights against Clocks, as well as with NI. They've at least given me something worth fighting against for the time being. We have our fair share of new players, but they can only get better by being taught better tactics by others. Either way, I'll keep fighting for a while. Keep the attacks coming guys and gals.

DeletedUser

being from one of the smaller alliances that clocks was picking on and now being ranked higher than them makes me proud. clocks initially bore the brunt of our attacks because they accepted as their own a group of backstabbers that had attempted armed takeover of 2 alliances internally. I'm sure clocks figured that we were nothing to be worried over but we have given them a war they won't soon forget, fully half of my cities were once clocks. nysa has been a blast even though I got rimmed in the beginning I've found some good friends and some worthy and less than worthy opponents.

Riot I count you in the worthy category though most of clocks was not. congrats on Arte's city if I hadn't spaced and forgot to send my usual ping that one would have been mine also.

DeletedUser31143

Riot I count you in the worthy category though most of clocks was not. congrats on Arte's city if I hadn't spaced and forgot to send my usual ping that one would have been mine also.

Thanks.
Your presence next to Arte's city was a concern of ours, which is why we kept LBing you so that you couldn't research Conquest. Without that, your travel time from other cities was further than possible; I conquered the city 8 seconds after RR time started and had a massive amount of clearing waves in front of my CS.

DeletedUser

NDO is probably the biggest disappointment in the server though from a fighting standpoint.

Yeah they are awful, really are. I mean their 4 alliances are struggling despite us being completely surrounding whilst we are running off a skeleton crew of no more than 35 actives. Really poor alliance at co-ordination and no visible teamwork, if they had started anywhere else but outer rim they would have been wiped months ago.

Its what you get when your hire a group not a build a team.

DeletedUser

did the knights turn on clocks or did RIOTDOG just decide to give them his cities?

DeletedUser31143

did the knights turn on clocks or did RIOTDOG just decide to give them his cities?

I don't know what you're talking about; ignore any city ownership changes. :)

... I was hoping that I could handoff cities for another couple of days without anyone noticing. I've accomplished everything I've wanted to here in Nysa and most alliances are now preoccupied with building WWs so it's time for me to exit this world.

I'm proud to say that Clocks was the smallest alliance in both size and ranking to take one of Artemisia's cities and that two of Artemisia's cities were taken by alliances that we fought practically nonstop - Vehemence and Black Dawn. So they're definitely not what I'd call lightweights/noobs.
In retrospect, battling in three cardinal directions (north, east, south) was too much. If I were to do it over again, I'd only want to fight in two cardinal directions.

skiboot

Phrourach
I don't know what you're talking about; ignore any city ownership changes. :)

... I was hoping that I could handoff cities for another couple of days without anyone noticing. I've accomplished everything I've wanted to here in Nysa and most alliances are now preoccupied with building WWs so it's time for me to exit this world.

I'm proud to say that Clocks was the smallest alliance in both size and ranking to take one of Artemisia's cities and that two of Artemisia's cities were taken by alliances that we fought practically nonstop - Vehemence and Black Dawn. So they're definitely not what I'd call lightweights/noobs.
In retrospect, battling in three cardinal directions (north, east, south) was too much. If I were to do it over again, I'd only want to fight in two cardinal directions.

How you can say that your alliance is proud to have conquered an NPC city is beyond me but this game constantly disappoints me these days anyway.

On the plus side, at least Knights will have to farm your cities for res rather than have them just sent by you to their WW now...

DeletedUser31143

How you can say that your alliance is proud to have conquered an NPC city is beyond me but this game constantly disappoints me these days anyway.

On the plus side, at least Knights will have to farm your cities for res rather than have them just sent by you to their WW now...

That must have been a jumbo sized cup of bitter that you drank today.

Did your alliance conquer any of Artemisia's cities? No, so you have no idea how much effort it took.

DeletedUser

I will second that notion. That city was stacked pretty high. Rewards were still half decent for 4th place, I'll take it.