Current events & WW race discussion

DeletedUser46762

Indeed you did. But you never followed any of it up. Zaruns croonies tried their hardest.

skiboot

Phrourach
The one thing that truly surprised me w.r.t. to WW was the lack of an effort for the hata coalition to build WW (figured hata build 3, poon 2, ndo 1-2). Additionally whoever was planning the build order of hata's WW was a bit muddled. I 100% agree ww does suck but the one thing I find fun is the planning of the builds/accels to attempt to beat your opponent. To that end I helped a bit on Ni's WW. So for those that say they hate WW, give WW planning a chance until grepo fixes WW. I really thought we would be lucky to get 3 built, as our lead was not that great in reality vs hata.

Clocks has not sent res to us to my knowledge and Barbs only started at about level 6 if memory serves. I find it pretty telling some of the venom here, especially considering so many on both sides were supposed to be friends before this server. Stockhold syndrome I guess. Either way, I hope a few will stick around, I have a few scores to settle ;)

cheers either way to whatever happens, it is just a game.

It's difficult to prioritise when often there is only one wonder open because we've not been diligent at cutting acceleration times. We've also had to deal with the issue of a spy relaying which wonder we're focusing on. It's been easy for Knights to stay ahead of us as a result. With their superior sending power it really has been as simple as that. And once again I do commend you for the dedication your team has shown to build the wonders. Our players just don't have the same appetite for them and hence we have suffered.

As far as help to build is concerned, we really have had nothing from MG or NDO until about level 8. Far too late to make any difference, and let's not forget that Sinners and Knights together are nearly 15 million pnts bigger than Hata, which is about the same size as MG. If you factor in that Clocks and Barbarians have been sending for them as well then it's hardly surprising we are where we are. Actually I would have expected Knights to be much further ahead.

As for sticking around - once Knights have four then there really is nothing else to see here....

Last edited:

DeletedUser41851

really skiboot? was it not said a couple of times that clocks are not sending to ni's? 8 players of barbs sending? that cannot make a big difference. really long travel time, and the player receiving must be online to send to the wonder, otherwise resources are wasted.

the fact the ni's are ahead in every WW is because we are committed. Not because of spying or cheating or whatever: we have been keeping an eye on every wonder being built, posting completion times, doing the maths how long it would take for you to build the next level, keeping tables up to date on everything that is happening from every alliance in regard to their WW. setting alarms in the middle of the night to send resources and accelerate building times. that is why we are ahead.

and please stop complaining about it. it has been all over the externals for months that we are going to win, so why now complain that we are winning. you have had months to prepare. to do something different. I think what Beerwench said was very enlightening. you could have decided to do a couple WW, other alliance do another etc. that way you could have stopped us from taking all 7 wonders, maybe even 4?

and no one likes the WW, i know i do not, it sucks sending all your cities resources to a WW 8-10 times a day, using all your favour for accels, that is not fun. i can't even sim properly anymore, because i do not have resources for festivals, or favour for divine builds. So even for the simmer of fighters, WW are not nice. That being said, this is the endgame, that is why i spend 8 months playing this game, to win, and for now, WW are the win. So we build.

that's my two cents.

DeletedUser21953

Ni are only winning because they have multiple alliances sending for them.

Again you speak of stuff you don't know sir. NI has no help from any other alliances except 7-8 people that have chosen to help. NI has been a tight group except for a couple of disgruntle people and even though not 100% of the membership participate in the building of the wonders, the ones that do are committed to the crown (see what I did there).

It's been an exciting server and I believe we have made the right moves when necessary. Clocks has been a great pact from the start. Fhir was not ready for the WW era... maybe they weren't interested in it or it was simply poor planning. The fact that they have level 10-15 markets pretty much everywhere is a good indication that WW wasn't their priority but at the same time, why complain about this or that if you weren't even to make a serious attempt.

Maybe you all were counting too much on someone to break the WW in a cheap sneaky way which I still think would be a poor way at best to stop us at this point. Maybe you will have better luck on a new server because this one will not be the one you will win without some sneaky behind the scenes coup unless Fhir can actually show us that skill and conquer one of our WW cities :)

Cheers,

Bubbles~

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yan i seriously doubt they will even try to take one of our WW cities let alone succeed. they are the ones cryin of the entire world helping us when that is simply not true and it is they who have pm'd the entire world asking for help. not us ! as has been pointed out when they decided to go for all 7 wonders was when they lost. and now they speak of a spy when every op we have run was handed over to them on a sliver platter it is us who have dealt with the spy. and lastly i would like to make one final point b4 i sign off here. everyone is complaining about how we ruined the server by our tactics especially hata and co. the bottum line is our tactics were sound and well within the rules of the game moreover if blame is to be layed at anyones feet for the state of the server it should be layed at zaruns feet if he didnt double cross AR then the server would look alot different but he did and we made the only choice we could which in the end paid off as it should have we have played this game with loyalty and honor have not double crossed anyone or lied to anyone in our diplo dealings i am now and will always be a proud member of the NI family

DeletedUser9465

Seems that with the completion of their temple the Knights pretty much won the wonders. Couldn't happen to a worse team... lol, just kidding guys. Congrats to the Knights for their commitment and dedication, they deserve it.

SlothTzu

Strategos
People are pointing the finger at everything imaginable, but at the end of the day, Ni have pretty much won at this stage, for whatever reason, who cares why or how (I don't). This is the cheesiest line in the history of Grepo, but this is just a game. So congratulations, and no hard feelings.

DeletedUser

Logging on to see that Hata has just dissolved the pact with us made me smile, bit pointless now

DeletedUser

Wow riot, I just realized our delusional you are. You clearly have no idea what's going on. Either that you have a tendency to lie. You were never active in leading the alliance. Good attacker, but definitely an average leader and now it shows that you don't even know what's happening in your own alliance. You do not know how many of your original players doubt you as a leader, and i've always kept contact with a few after i left, and a few who left earlier such as TCO, borracho Bob, scott, Que, and Moravak. They were all very disappointed with the state of Clocks at that point of time.

You went to TubOrg. for a few weeks and then landed in Black Dawn. I briefly came out of VM to take care of a few issues and noticed that you went to Black Dawn. I sent a quick note to BigLouisB that you aren't the most trustworthy individual and watch you closely. Perhaps that's a reason why you didn't find many willing to follow you. Or perhaps it's because you bounced between alliances so much - I don't follow anyone who shows so little loyalty.

Sparkie was found to be helping BD defend against Knights. He betrayed Clocks' allies, but never betrayed Clocks, and as always, glory made another decision to help Knights in the expense of Clocks and wanted to rim sparkie. I was not involved in this, could have stayed in Clocks and be their only visible leader at that time(we all know Andromach can't lead, and glory was never the best communicator, and you riot was in VM), and I was the only one trying to appease everyone when everyone wants to know what Clocks aim was. You were still around when that happen. Moravak, the undisputed best player and leader of Clocks, already went inactive and he told me it's because Clocks is acting like Knight's academy and he don't like it. He even tried to move to Que's old alliance, took a few cities there and colonised there.

But as the only 2 founders left, you and glory basically kept silence. Didn't address all the outrage and outcry by a few players, but speaking on behalf of a few others. I was the only one trying to delay, press you and glory to provide and answer, and all you did was, "I just want to fight. Once there no one left to fight, i will leave." What a great answer by irresponsible leader. It obvious you have no idea how to be a leader TBH.

As to me jumping alliance, don't assume if you don't know anything at all. BigL took too long to give us an answer because he need to discuss with his council, and sparkie was in danger. Prior to this, glory already kicked one member out for spying without ever providing any evidence and jasonjj decide to protect that guy and left Clocks. I already lost jasonjj, one of my closest new friend in Nysa, and i didn't want to lose sparkie, so we went to TubOrg. Why TubOrg? because they are my friends since 2012. We have led 2 alliance to #2 spot from start to finish in 2 different worlds, we are tight. They are pacted with BD and told me to join them so BD can protect sparkie. After i joined TubOrg., BigL, on a few occasion, asked why i chose TubOrg and ask me to join BD instead due to geography location. After a few unsuccessful Op on Clocks, i thought i will go to BD instead because maybe more people in BD will be willing to listen. Nothing changed. So although i was not in BD for a few months, i was working with BD and not TubOrg when i was in TubOrg. That makes it a few months, so please, don't assume if you don't know anything.

While in Clocks, Conqueror II pushed HARD for us to do WWs, in spite of the leadership stating that we weren't interested in doing WWs. We finally conceded and started to set up plans for WWs. So what's Conqueror II do? Depart Clocks while convincing more than a few Clocks to leave our alliance because of WWs.

This once again shows you have no idea what was going on. After Ephesians left, there was two advocate in Senate for winning WW, Andromach and glory. I was the loudest in opposing WW. I pushed HARD for Clocks to break the pact with Black Dawn or Knights to have more fight. Never did i once support WW. After it was clear that glory wants Clocks to build WW, i said i will help Clocks to get into the position to have a better shot, and i said the only way is to break the pact with Knights, as long as they are around, Clocks have no chance. I was still pushing for no WW and just war. I actually received a PM from Praehelios asking me to join Knights. If i really wanted the crown, i would have joined Knights. Actually if i really wanted the crown, i could have gotten it in other worlds.

EDIT:
Oh, and were you so disconnected from the alliance that you forgot that you have an academy alliance called Horloges? I took 2 off them, and yes 1 of the 2 is an inactive, but the other city i took is from Andromach, who was almost 200k bigger than me.

Don't try to make BD look as good as they never was to try to make your story looks convincing on how good you are. BigL was always busy with RL to have a real impact and Zootopia was not in your range. I remember how lousy your attacks are when you and Clocks members sent 80+ attacks on one city and fail miserably. You are a good attack for sure, but you can never compete with the best of the best. You should know you look so great on stats only because you are protected by Knights, and for a period of time, Black Dawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46762

stop complaining, jesus, the NI's will win this world, they have the most numbers and played their wonders the best...HATA we had a solution to win and you guys turned it down, top 5 alliances played well, New Delos is just a giant merge but NI, Hata, Harpoon, Barbs and LOL is what i consider the top 5, all have played together for most of server, this game is about being fun and meeting new friends and attacking people, you guys complain to damn much, your ego serves no pride in winning a CPU game because after you win then you start a new one, i have chatted with a bunch of people in other alliances and everyone is pretty much nice, Viv is way to cocky to not take enemy cities, and Phil cannot spell...other than that everyone is pretty cool...being this my first world i really don't think that the game should end in the way it has, WW is terribly boring and proves nothing, but I am not the game designer, I enjoyed playing and battling most of you, I will prob see you again, unlike most other people i will still play as Scenickarma, no need to change it!!!!

Scenic I take offence at your comment, I have double your BP. If you think sending 100 cats is good playing, you are sadly mistaken. Next time try 200, I will sink those too

Viv (un cocky)

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
You guys are probably quite confused...

Let me keep this short. I've moved 50+ posts from the announcement thread to this new thread. Although everyone here was going well off-topic... I decided not to do anything. Why? Because the forums are quiet these days and last thing I want to do, is make it worse and deter you guys from having a really interesting discussion/debate with each other.

So please continue about the current events and the race for the WW's on this thread from now on. Remember to stay on topic, no profanity or personal insults. Happy posting!

Cheers,
James

DeletedUser38168

It's difficult to prioritise when often there is only one wonder open because we've not been diligent at cutting acceleration times. We've also had to deal with the issue of a spy relaying which wonder we're focusing on. It's been easy for Knights to stay ahead of us as a result. With their superior sending power it really has been as simple as that. And once again I do commend you for the dedication your team has shown to build the wonders. Our players just don't have the same appetite for them and hence we have suffered.

As far as help to build is concerned, we really have had nothing from MG or NDO until about level 8. Far too late to make any difference, and let's not forget that Sinners and Knights together are nearly 15 million pnts bigger than Hata, which is about the same size as MG. If you factor in that Clocks and Barbarians have been sending for them as well then it's hardly surprising we are where we are. Actually I would have expected Knights to be much further ahead.

As for sticking around - once Knights have four then there really is nothing else to see here....

so you say u massivly out number an allainces who offered u no benifits wanting to do there own thing in mg this allaince city location ment that u could eat then within days and use there city your selfs but no attempty was ever made

one of you biggest mastkes you ever made.

also i read a few time here about ni's, dragons, clocks and acid rain working togther from start and planning to build wonders togther from start this was simply not the case.

ni's first pact was with tidel until they screwed us over.

then agreements was made with dragons and ar these made sense dew to brendships from other worlds however no agreement about ww exsited in them it was only circustances within the world that ment eventually both dragons and ar would be merged into knights.

so our longest pact has been with clocks which i beleive was set up in the first week and i have to say riot glory and movark are some of the best players i have had plasure of playing with, many thanks guys

DeletedUser22940

so you say u massivly out number an allainces who offered u no benifits wanting to do there own thing in mg this allaince city location ment that u could eat then within days and use there city your selfs but no attempty was ever made

one of you biggest mastkes you ever made.

Never thought I'd ever say this, but you are right Phil
We should have taken out MG back in the early days. Oh well, you live you learn.
Congrats on the WW win.

Zarun-

Strategos
moreover if blame is to be layed at anyones feet for the state of the server it should be layed at zaruns feet if he didnt double cross AR then the server would look alot different but he did

Really now?

Loyalty is something that is very important to me and it works in different ways - not only loyalty to leaders but also to players.

Viv had chased off more than half a dozen decent people (lurksalot, donster, joshpheus, simon, bernadus) who went to LoL and Agamemnon42+others (who went to MG) after getting fed up with her prima donna attitude. And others were talking to me about leaving Acid Reign because of her.

So I had two choices: maintain my loyalty to a leader who was throwing tantrums weekly and talking down to players, refusing to listen to advice about her attitude, and watch as more players left.

Or I could maintain my loyalty to the players and rescue them from a tyrant. Obviously I chose the latter.

I've learned my lesson and will be very careful who I choose to play under in the future. Negative actions of a leader can be very damaging to an alliance.

DeletedUser48045

Edit: I forgot to add. If any opponent thinks they'll easily grab any of my cities, they're going to be disappointed. I'm going to fight to the end. Because that's what makes this game fun.

Glad they wont be easy, will keep trying.

DeletedUser

Really now?

Loyalty is something that is very important to me and it works in different ways - not only loyalty to leaders but also to players.

Viv had chased off more than half a dozen decent people (lurksalot, donster, joshpheus, simon, bernadus) who went to LoL and Agamemnon42+others (who went to MG) after getting fed up with her prima donna attitude. And others were talking to me about leaving Acid Reign because of her.

So I had two choices: maintain my loyalty to a leader who was throwing tantrums weekly and talking down to players, refusing to listen to advice about her attitude, and watch as more players left.

Or I could maintain my loyalty to the players and rescue them from a tyrant. Obviously I chose the latter.

I've learned my lesson and will be very careful who I choose to play under in the future. Negative actions of a leader can be very damaging to an alliance.

you are correct sir in your assesment of how you see it i know not what went on in AR but i do know that if AR had stayed together the world would have been different i have chased off a few players myself albeit ones who asked for it and couldnt take it when i gave it to them funny how some like to pretend to speak the truth but when its throwned back in thier face its not ok at all how ever i do know that you were insturmental in breaking AR and that made the world what it is so my statement is still correct so for hata now to blame NI for the state of the world is really just stupid and asinine to say the least

DeletedUser

oh and one other thing alot of ppl will have alot of bad things to say about me im sure more will have good things to say but my loyalty will never be in question by anyone because i have never betrayed anyone on this game i may made some tough choices that ppl didnt like but that part of leadership and i would do it again if needs be