Rejected Apostrophes for city names.

• Thread starter DeletedUser32250
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29066

they disabled punctuation because of the "possibility of creating lewd images with special characters"
basically, they don't want people doing things like making richard's mighty pee pee 8====D

I'm shocked and dismayed:eek:

DeletedUser33530

they disabled punctuation because of the "possibility of creating lewd images with special characters"
basically, they don't want people doing things like making richard's mighty pee pee 8====D

Something tells me you are the reason they got rid of "special character"

DeletedUser47121

one reason why not to allow apostrophes.......what if i would name my city `````````` and i name all my cities like that.

DeletedUser33530

You would be the single most annoying player ever. You would also have my total respect for coming up with that lol.

DeletedUser

Back to the topic; the creation of "lewd" images can be reported just as easily as racist, homophobic and profane language. It doesn't warrant an utter omission, surely.

preaching to the choir babe.

DeletedUser8396

preaching to the choir babe.

You can sing? :p

But I agree - rules are rules. Disallowing a feature for the fear of someone violating a rule is putting restriction before action. It doesn't make much sense. By that logic we should ban the use of letters in order to avoid racism, profanity, etc. - but that won't happen. I feel the benefit far outweighs the pathetically small and inferior 'threat'.

DeletedUser31385

If they don't allow it, it teaches bad English.
(Like my new sig?)

DeletedUser

well it violates the rules by being like 3x to tall, other than that it's cool

DeletedUser

I say yes! But no other special characters and not at the beginning of a word - so alphabetizing is still straightforward.

DeletedUser

Some special characters are allowed, like * , so I don't see why the apostrophe is such an issue. The problem has been there right from day 1 so it's obviously something they just can't be arsed to fix.

DeletedUser32250

So what's the next step with this? Still need more people to support it?

DeletedUser44027

It's also untrue. Figtree just has the amazingly bad luck of never having one of his ideas reach past the "supported" phase.
That being said, I like this idea very much, so +1 from me.

DeletedUser31385

No, Lane actually said they arent wanting new ideas. Thats why there are no polls for ideas.

DeletedUser32373

I had an idea just like this for alliance names lol..maybe they could combine em?

Status
Not open for further replies.