peacetime

DeletedUser

I feel international peace time should be banned. It allows losing players time to rebuild and re-arrange. I think it needs to be got rid of now everyone uses VM to hide in anyway. :) Certainly that 24hrs no CS before peacetime... that is just taking the bickie

FlcoBlades

Phrourach
I feel international peace time should be banned. It allows losing players time to rebuild and re-arrange. I think it needs to be got rid of now everyone uses VM to hide in anyway. :) Certainly that 24hrs no CS before peacetime... that is just taking the bickie

Definitely in agreement here.

DeletedUser44027

I think I'd be more in favor of a "world freeze", where no resources are gained and no attacks are allowed to be sent out, instead of peacetime. Peacetime isn't fun when you're clearing someone to prep for a CS landing and they get time to rebuild.

DeletedUser44785

you gotta have a chance to have a life outside of grepolis.....especially holidays.

DeletedUser42857

you gotta have a chance to have a life outside of grepolis.....especially holidays.

Thats what VM Is for.

Im with getting rid of peacetime, its nonsense. If people dont want to fight over christmas or whatever other religious festival they do or do not observe then activate vacation mode.

And besides, why is the christians get peacetime mode, but the same isnt granted to the Jewish community for Yom Kippur, or Hannukah, or the Muslims granted peacetime for Eid Al-Fitr or Eid Al-Adha.

Nonsense. If people want peacetime, activate Vacation Mode

DeletedUser

Thats what VM Is for.

Im with getting rid of peacetime, its nonsense. If people dont want to fight over christmas or whatever other religious festival they do or do not observe then activate vacation mode.

And besides, why is the christians get peacetime mode, but the same isnt granted to the Jewish community for Yom Kippur, or Hannukah, or the Muslims granted peacetime for Eid Al-Fitr or Eid Al-Adha.

The time around what the christian world considers "christmas" is a holiday in nearly every other religion as well and even for non-religious people and communities, hence why. It's all to do with the ancient tradition of celebrating the winter equinox or a time when the sun starts rising higher again and the days become longer. Nearly every mainstream religion has taken that up from ancient pagans and created its own holiday during that time.

DeletedUser

The time around what the christian world considers "christmas" is a holiday in nearly every other religion as well and even for non-religious people and communities, hence why. It's all to do with the ancient tradition of celebrating the winter equinox or a time when the sun starts rising higher again and the days become longer. Nearly every mainstream religion has taken that up from ancient pagans and created its own holiday during that time.

The mythralists and the supposed birthday of the sun.

DeletedUser29066

I think I'd be more in favor of a "world freeze", where no resources are gained and no attacks are allowed to be sent out, instead of peacetime. Peacetime isn't fun when you're clearing someone to prep for a CS landing and they get time to rebuild.

I'd be inclined to agree to this. The current method of a peacetime attack ban does favor the defender too much. Simply freeze all servers for the desired period so nothing changes. Better yet, just lock everyone out so they can't even log in.

DeletedUser44785

I'd be inclined to agree to this. The current method of a peacetime attack ban does favor the defender too much. Simply freeze all servers for the desired period so nothing changes. Better yet, just lock everyone out so they can't even log in.

will never happen because if nobody is in there is no gold spent.

Zarun-

Strategos

Okay that is actually a good idea.

DeletedUser8396

Thats what VM Is for.

While I agree the peacetime isn't the best choice, I'd like to point out that it certainly is not only Christians that celebrate Christmas. Christmas has a significantly larger following that other holidays.

DeletedUser29066

While I agree the peacetime isn't the best choice, I'd like to point out that it certainly is not only Christians that celebrate Christmas. Christmas has a significantly larger following that other holidays.

Humbug. Back to your books Cratchit. I've got a nice lump of coal for you, hehehe.

DeletedUser27128

I agree in getting rid of it... complete nonsense.

EN servers have people from all around the globe, some of them who not necessarily have celebrations during this time, and the game is reduced to a boring thing for days because of this. :pro:

Another thing to consider, it allows traitors and jumpers to change sides, and not bear the consequences of their actions, as they can stack their cities. I for one, find it really annoying :supermad:

DeletedUser

peacetime should be changed to world freeze like others have suggested. and its the time the SUN is reborn again and days become longer like choopermad said. so it should be celebrated without any wars even if its a game. we can have wars in HALO and other such pc games if we want. or else have fun with family and have a break from grepo world. or talk about silly stuff on the extenals which we all love. or read pebble's sections which always lengthy but sweet.

DeletedUser

You can still land CSs even though your announcement implies this isnt possible. Great job messing up something you have been doing for years Inno

DeletedUser

Do the people that write these announcements proof read them?
I think not, other than being badly worded it is obviously incorrect with the amount of CS's that are landing within 24 hours of the peace time.

Maybe the got an intern to write it or something

DeletedUser

I think the problem is that nobody working for inno actually knows when it really starts :D

DeletedUser31385

Oh my, I don't want what happened last year! Too many cold days and too much snow for my taste. I don't think the Greeks would like it either. Since they didn't wear heavy winter coats like we do today.