The Invalidation of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

What do you love? Think of one thing that you love. Don’t proceed until you have that one person or thing fixed in your mind.

Alright, now let us say we take that thing or person away. It never existed in any point in time. You have no perceptions of this person or thing. Do you still love it? Now that the object is not in existence, can you love it? Of course not! Your love must have an object to focus upon. Once that object is removed entirely, the love becomes impossible to exist.

Allow me to stress this: with no object to love, love cannot exist.

Therefore, we can adequately claim that objects or people must have existed before or in the same timeline as love itself for if love existed prior to objects/people, love’s existence would be a paradox. However, if objects existed before love, the love could potentially be created between objects (such as how love comes about with a relationship). Therefore objects/people supersede love in terms of existence as objects/people may precede love but love not precede objects.

Now, let me take a glance at 1 John 4:8: He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

“God is love.”

The verb used in the Greek translation of 1 John 4:7-8 is “agape”. The common interpretation of “agape” love is one which is self-sacrificing. Therefore, it would be moderately ok to say “God is self-sacrifice(ing)” instead. In other words, God is a genuine care for another thing to the extent of sacrificing Himself for it. This is clearly seen throughout the main focus point of scripture: Jesus and the cross. However, that is not our point yet precisely.

Now that we have defined what the phrase “God is love” means to us (self-sacrifice), we may now discuss further:

God therefore is interchangeable with love. For if God is love, but has no object in which to focus His love, He cannot be love. He exists in the same timeline as other objects/people, He must then either create something to love in order to be love, He – in His Omniscience – knew we would exist and loved that, God loved Himself, the eternal act of the cross is a cause He could love, love existed alongside God, or He does not exist. One of these are possible, so let us discuss them:

1. He exists in the same timeline as other objects/people
This one should be easily thrown out. Since God is eternal, He must pre-exist everything. If something were to exist in the same timeframe as God, they would be just as eternal as Him which would remove God’s authority over time. If the eternally existing thing were an object, the object would not have a Creator by being eternal, meaning that God would not have authority over it. If the eternally existing thing were sentient, the being would have just as much of a right over time as God, as well as God would have no authority over the sentient being as He did not create it. Therefore, God is the only being to exist eternally – the first option is thrown out.

2. He must then either create something to love in order to be love
This one is a bit trickier. Since we now know that God is the only eternal being with no origin, this then means that we must be created by Him. However, before we (or any other thing) were created, God would still be required to be love as He does not change (James 1:17: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.")
This then means that God must be love even before things existed in order to remain consistent, which is part of His nature as stated in the Bible. But we have shown love to exist without an object to be contradictory – the second option is thrown out.

3. He – in His Omniscience – knew we would exist and loved that.
A splendid objection indeed. However, this predicates itself on the false claim that God knew we would exist before we were created. In His omniscience, certainly one would think He would know everything, but not precisely:
Allow me to make some stipulations:
-God is incapable of error.
-God knows all things, past, present, future.
-God is capable of all things that are logically possible (He can’t create a four-sided triangle, but could create a Pegasus)
Now, allow me to propose the question: Does God know what actions He Himself will perform?
If you answer yes:
You have provided the “common sense” approach. If He knows all things, He must know His own actions, right? Not necessarily.
Imagine you were infallible, omniscient and omnipotent. Tomorrow, you know you will eat pizza. However, when tomorrow comes, you desire to change your mind and eat tacos. Can you do this? Not under your paradigm. You would be required to prove your own omniscience wrong in order to exercise your omnipotence. Since you are infallible, you cannot change your mind. If you must obey your own omniscience, are you truly omnipotent? Certainly not – you cannot even control your own choices under this idea.
So, by saying God does know His own choices, we either must destroy His infallibility or His omnipotence. Since I prefer to do neither, I propose the third option:
God does not know His own actions in advance. He does, however, know precisely how anything other than Him will play out without His intervening. And, once He intervenes, He knows how the timeline would be altered.
Some small support: Sodom and Gomorrah. In God’s debate with Abraham, God changes the requirements several times He desires for the city’s destruction. If God knows that He will eventually choose to go with a lesser “holy people” requirement, but starts saying He will destroy it no matter what, does that not make God a liar if He knew what He would eventually do? I say yes. However, if God cannot know His future actions, He is exempt from lying. Also, in prayer when we request things, if God cannot change what He does, why bother praying? It can in no way change the outcome of things if God cannot will any different action. However, if God can then prayer is yet again useful for requests.
But something seems a bit off here. How could God know the proper time to send prophets, Jesus, etc? How would God know what to tell the prophets to predict?
Allow me to explain (slightly based on a small part of Molinism, kinda):
God is omniscient, as we have stated. Would He also know what any theoretical world could potentially become? And, in an infinite number of worlds, all consisting of God intervening at different points, would God not know when to act in order to achieve His desired outcome for a particular result? Indeed He would.
If He ever changes His mind, He has simply changed to one other of the infinite possible worlds.
Therefore, we have re-established God’s full omniscience – at least in regards to our world – through tampering with infinite worlds. This knowledge, however, ONLY comes into play after He creates the third party.

4. God loved Himself
Taking the “agape – self-sacrifice” definition, we can adequately say God cannot sacrifice Himself for Himself. It simply does not make any sense.

5. The eternal act of the cross is a cause He could love
This establishes a cause in which self-sacrifice can exist before our world, but the cause must be as eternal as God Himself in order to solve the issue. If the cause exists alongside God as long as God has existed, then the cause is not caused by God Himself and is therefore separate from God and becomes a universal idea in which all things must universally obey as a cause is not capable of making choices.
Allow me to explain that:
God is capable of making new causes, rules, morals, objects, etc. So long as these things do not precede God, God has sovereignty over them by causality. He can therefore demand certain things, change certain demands of other creations of His, and the like as His will is infinite and is capable of modifying Himself in His sentient nature.
A cause, if caused by itself (which is a contradiction in and of itself) cannot change itself as a cause is not sentient. The cause would, however, be just as universal but could not restrict its application to anything under the cause. As God created humanity, it would stand to reason humans would be exempt from obeying the cause’s universal applications whilst residing under God’s own sovereignty, but since the cause is used in humanity we would be obligated to obey the cause fully and could not will ourselves against it (as, if the Cause is self-caused, it supersedes our existence and thus has authority over us). This then means that we would all be forced into eternal self-sacrifice. As this is clearly not the case, the Cause cannot cause itself. Therefore, God caused the Cause, meaning He precedes it. This circles back to the original argument as God would have to exist eternally as a self-sacrificing love before the creation of the cause, but could not be love in that state as there would be nothing to be self-sacrificing for.

6. Love existed alongside God
This is almost ridiculous of an objection, but I’m certain it will be made countless times. Anyway:
The question itself is flawed. It proposes an answer to the problem that, in the answer itself, relies on the problem being solved. The love existing alongside God would still need an object. That Love could love God, if only it were sentient. Since the question itself tries to separate the two, we know that the separated love proposed by the question is not sentient as, if it were, this would be God as defined in 1 John 4:7-8.

7. He does not exist
If God must be love before things existed, and love cannot exist without an object in which to focus, God therefore does not exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know I don't believe in any god(s), but isn't this whole argument invalid as it is almost entirely based on quotes from the bible, a book which is:

1. Arguably one of the most contradicting and inconsistent pieces to have ever been published.
2. Riddled with rhetological fallacies, e.g. circular logic and unfalsifiability, and therefore invalid as proof for any argument whatsoever.
3. According to copious theologians not meant to be taken literally (when it suits their agenda at the time at least :p)

DeletedUser29066

I'm dyslexic .. and I know GOD = DOG exist .. mine just licked my face :D

DeletedUser33530

You know I don't believe in any god(s), but isn't this whole argument invalid as it is almost entirely based on quotes from the bible, a book which is:

1. Arguably one of the most contradicting and inconsistent pieces to have ever been published.
2. Riddled with rhetological fallacies, e.g. circular logic and unfalsifiability, and therefore invalid as proof for any argument whatsoever.
3. According to copious theologians not meant to be taken literally (when it suits their agenda at the time at least :p)

I'll let pebble debate what you just said but you kind of have to use the bible to disprove God lol. Otherwise it's essentially impossible. You need something that describes the being in order to call bs on the logic of it, which is what pebble has done here.

Still though, the logic of the bible can only be accurate if there is a God guiding the many writers /speakers of the bible. If there isn't a God than the bible is just a really good book. So pebble is kind of in a paradox since by disproving God he kind of disproves his evidences but there is no other way to do this lol.

DeletedUser8396

Was actually hoping I could get a response to the logic itself...I don't really care if someone thinks the original source is unreliable - that's a different debate.

DeletedUser

I'll let pebble debate what you just said but you kind of have to use the bible to disprove God lol.
Well the burden of proof is on the believers' side. You don't need anything to disprove the existence of a deity, you just have to refute or rebut the evidence which suggests a deity does exist.

Otherwise it's essentially impossible. You need something that describes the being in order to call bs on the logic of it, which is what pebble has done here.

Still though, the logic of the bible can only be accurate if there is a God guiding the many writers /speakers of the bible. If there isn't a God than the bible is just a really good book. So pebble is kind of in a paradox since by disproving God he kind of disproves his evidences but there is no other way to do this lol.
My point exactly. The bible has no place in evidence for either side of the argument.

Was actually hoping I could get a response to the logic itself...I don't really care if someone thinks the original source is unreliable - that's a different debate.
Well, my point is that the logic itself is invalid as it needs the bible to support itself. And as the bible cannot be used for that the whole argument is nonsense.

DeletedUser8396

Well, my point is that the logic itself is invalid as it needs the bible to support itself. And as the bible cannot be used for that the whole argument is nonsense.

According to you, the Bible is inconsistent. This also encompasses internal consistency. How would one determine internal consistency? By use of the Bible. They would not say "I cannot show it to be logically inconsistent because the source is not consistent" before any evidence to the inconsistency was supplied.

All I am proposing, in a sense, is another inconsistency (under the idea that it is flawed).

However, the argument is not whether the Bible is inconsistent in general. That's a totally different argument that has gone on for centuries. I'm only aiming to disprove the Christian God is this.

DeletedUser38224

If you answer yes:
You have provided the “common sense” approach. If He knows all things, He must know His own actions, right? Not necessarily.
Imagine you were infallible, omniscient and omnipotent. Tomorrow, you know you will eat pizza. However, when tomorrow comes, you desire to change your mind and eat tacos. Can you do this? Not under your paradigm. You would be required to prove your own omniscience wrong in order to exercise your omnipotence. Since you are infallible, you cannot change your mind. If you must obey your own omniscience, are you truly omnipotent? Certainly not – you cannot even control your own choices under this idea.
So, by saying God does know His own choices, we either must destroy His infallibility or His omnipotence. Since I prefer to do neither, I propose the third option:

Hebrews 4:13 States that God Knows Everything about His Creations.

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

John 3:20 states that he knows Everything, Period.

If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

Working From that, It is quite Certain that God MUST know his own choices. Therefore Any argument based on him not knowing is Absolutely Invalid.

This is the reason why my argument has to be based on him knowing his choices. It might end up being a mess :p

Essentially, since God knows everything, He must know in advance if he is going to change his mind about a choice. In this sense, he is Bound by his own knowledge, even if it is Technically Possible for him to change his mind, it is Impossible for him to do so without knowing about it in advance.

An interesting argument in this case is that God Will always with Impeccable Accuracy Be able to predict his decisions, since he is eternal and will never, ever change. If he decides to eat pizza tomorrow, he knows that he will not change his mind since he will absolutely be exactly the same tomorrow as today.

This isn't quite the case for Humans, who are constantly Changing with everything they encounter. God, as a Perfect being, May be exempt from this changing and be able to Predict his decisions with Absolute Confidence.

This is supported by several Bible verses:

Malachi 3:6:

“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

Hebrews 13:8:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Psalms 90:2:

Before the mountains were brought forth,
or ever you had formed the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

tl;dr God does know his own choices, and since he is perfect, he also knows that he will not change his mind.

An argument that is a lot simpler than any other is that No Human being is able to understand how God exists, since he is Above our understanding. Really this one Completely blows away any Other, but I like to save it for a last resort.

Job 36:26:

How great is God—beyond our understanding!
The number of his years is past finding out.

Isaiah 55:8-9 :

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

DeletedUser8396

Hebrews 4:13 States that God Knows Everything about His Creations.

John 3:20 states that he knows Everything, Period.

The first is really a nonfactor. I agreed to that one. The second, I could argue it is speaking about how he knows all things about our heart (context), but I doubt you'll go for that. Anyway:

If the Bible were to say God can make a four sided triangle, the book would be lying. A four sided triangle cannot exist due to it being a logical impossibility. Once a triangle has four sides, it ceases to be a triangle. God is bound by logical possibility. Therefore, if one can show that his omniscience it limited by His own nature, then there is a contradiction - most easily resolved by saying he does not know His future actions. Also, this:

Why is lying wrong? Because it is not the truth. Why is telling the truth good? Because God said it is. Why does truth’s goodness make lying bad? God said it does. So God defines what is good and what is bad? Why does He think lying is bad?

Because it is not the truth? Ok. Why does He think the truth is good? I know this may seem silly, but bear with me: why does God consider some things good and others evil? The answer must be – it is in His nature that which is good and things outside of His nature are bad.

Very well then. Why or how does God have a nature? Did He choose this nature and, if so, why did He choose that to be His nature? Arbitrarily? This doesn’t seem like God – to be arbitrary. And if arbitrary, does this mean at one point He had no nature?
Or did God’s nature exist alongside Him? Of course it did, but why? Why is God the way He is? Just because? Sorry, but not good enough. There is no reason for God to prefer truth over lies without delving into arbitrary reasons.
We could look at the results of truth and results of lies, one delving into increased pleasure and one into increased pain – that could be the reason. However, why is pleasure good and pain bad? We have simply restated the problem.
Of course, one could simply say “He is God and can define morality arbitrarily if He wants and you cannot do anything about it.” One certainly may say such a thing. However, unlike the individual that may propose such a statement, I desire a reason. And sadly, this reason cannot be given.

There is no qualification for God’s own choices. He cannot in any way say that one thing is good and one thing is bad without either having arbitrary reasons for the acts themselves or having an arbitrary nature.

Using this, we now have shown God has no true reason for anything He does, which aligns itself directly with Him not having any forethought of His own actions.

As for being perfectly accurate with His predictions, that is called Omniscience lol. Anyway, that is invalid because if He can accurately predict that He will change His mind and can predict what He will change His mind to then He has already changed His mind. If I say I want pizza, but predict that you will buy me tacos and that will convince me to change my my to like tacos, then I have already determined to want tacos.

As for the last part - that's just a cop out. But, since you brought it up, allow me to shatter the morality behind it if one takes that route to re-establish Omniscience.

Under that paradigm, God is omniscient. He therefore knows that this question would be asked. He also knows that with this question, it could cause AT LEAST one person to not believe, where He could have added a few verses and changed the equation entirely. Is it morally good for a God to know that unanswerable questions will be proposed and do nothing? Certainly not. He is effectively sentencing someone to Hell through silence.

DeletedUser38224

The first is really a nonfactor. I agreed to that one. The second, I could argue it is speaking about how he knows all things about our heart (context), but I doubt you'll go for that. Anyway:

Let's say that for the sake of debate, I do go with it. Although with an explicit statement like "He Knows Everything", Context isn't incredibly important(Unless it's something like "About our hearts he knows everything", which isn't exactly the case here).

There are several verses besides the ones I quoted that Directly Contradict your theory that he doesn't know his own choices in advance.

Psalms 147:5:

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite.

Acts 15:18:

Known to God from eternity are all His works

As for being perfectly accurate with His predictions, that is called Omniscience lol. Anyway, that is invalid because if He can accurately predict that He will change His mind and can predict what He will change His mind to then He has already changed His mind.

Not necessarily. It's entirely possible for me to feel one way right now but have knowledge that I will feel differently Tomorrow. Saying that I must already feel how I will feel tomorrow is simply an untrue statement.

Anyway, My proposal was that since God, Based on several Bible verses, Never changes, and never will, He will always know what choices he will make.

If I say I want pizza, but predict that you will buy me tacos and that will convince me to change my my to like tacos, then I have already determined to want tacos.

Again, It's Definitely not In any way impossible to have prior knowledge that you will feel differently about something in the future.

To be honest though none of that has anything to do with my post.

Under that paradigm, God is omniscient. He therefore knows that this question would be asked. He also knows that with this question, it could cause AT LEAST one person to not believe, where He could have added a few verses and changed the equation entirely. Is it morally good for a God to know that unanswerable questions will be proposed and do nothing? Certainly not. He is effectively sentencing someone to Hell through silence.

To be honest this statement is Completely ridiculous.

"AT LEAST one person might see this post and not believe due to it. God knows this thousands of years in advance, so he should change some Bible verses to prevent this, or else he is evil and is sentencing this hypothetical person to hell."

Firstly, God Has promised us Free will to believe, or to not, and in basically every other aspect of our lives as well.

Joshua 24:15:

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Would it not also be evil for him to break this Promise?

By Modifying his scriptures so that one person may not Stop following him, God is Tampering with this persons Free will that he has promised him. If this person desires to not follow God, God says he is allowed to do so. God has named the consequences of doing so, and in Deciding to not follow God, This person is Accepting them.

It IS Evil for God to Break his Promise, and exploit his infinite Knowledge to Convince someone to follow him based on what may be false information which has been inserted into his word to stop this person from straying.

DeletedUser8396

Let's say that for the sake of debate, I do go with it. Although with an explicit statement like "He Knows Everything", Context isn't incredibly important(Unless it's something like "About our hearts he knows everything", which isn't exactly the case here).

There are several verses besides the ones I quoted that Directly Contradict your theory that he doesn't know his own choices in advance.

Psalms 147:5:

Acts 15:18:

Not necessarily. It's entirely possible for me to feel one way right now but have knowledge that I will feel differently Tomorrow. Saying that I must already feel how I will feel tomorrow is simply an untrue statement.

Anyway, My proposal was that since God, Based on several Bible verses, Never changes, and never will, He will always know what choices he will make.

Again, It's Definitely not In any way impossible to have prior knowledge that you will feel differently about something in the future.

To be honest though none of that has anything to do with my post.

To be honest this statement is Completely ridiculous.

"AT LEAST one person might see this post and not believe due to it. God knows this thousands of years in advance, so he should change some Bible verses to prevent this, or else he is evil and is sentencing this hypothetical person to hell."

Firstly, God Has promised us Free will to believe, or to not, and in basically every other aspect of our lives as well.

Joshua 24:15:

Would it not also be evil for him to break this Promise?

By Modifying his scriptures so that one person may not Stop following him, God is Tampering with this persons Free will that he has promised him. If this person desires to not follow God, God says he is allowed to do so. God has named the consequences of doing so, and in Deciding to not follow God, This person is Accepting them.

It IS Evil for God to Break his Promise, and exploit his infinite Knowledge to Convince someone to follow him based on what may be false information which has been inserted into his word to stop this person from straying.

Ok, I see I'm never going to convince you of limited omniscience. Even if I went to show that understanding is entirely different from knowledge and that knowing His works from eternity is fine as they have already occurred....but anyway...

Also not going to reply to the latter part as I think we can all see that His adding things in to answer questions does not remove faith and would not necessitate Him to falsify information.

Allow me to beat the omniscience counter with YOUR idea of Omniscience (that He literally knows all things):

God knows we would exist. He knows that He will sacrifice Himself for us. Since sacrifice is the love we are discussing, sacrifice is an action. He can know that He will die for us all day long, but without ever acting it out His love is only a future existence. The self-sacrifice must exist continuously in reality.

One could argue that God is outside of time. However, God is not outside of time as the very notion of creating Time is ridiculous. Creating time implies time did not exist in one point, which therefore means that there would be a sequence of events - one where time did not exist and one where time did exist, establishing a continuum that God is required to subscribe to ask He is, by logical necessity, restrained by causality. (Reference: http://kgov.com/is-God-outside-of-time).

Since God cannot actually act out His self sacrifice continuously, as He must pre-exist all things and therefore exist prior to anything He could sacrifice Himself for, the love cannot exist and by extension, He does not exist.

There. I've simply rooted out the point of arguing against limited omniscience.

DeletedUser8396

To all nonbelievers http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/12-year-old-girl-paints-heaven-child-prodigy-wvideo.html

also there is a true story called heaven is for real about a 12 year old boy who knew things he could not have possibly known. He saw one of the painting of jesus this girl drew and said that is the man he saw in heaven.

This is not the place to post religious topics unrelated to the original post. This may have a place in the "Multimedia" section in its own thread, however.

DeletedUser44785

you said prove your invalidation wrong i'm just adding proof to there is a greater being out there.

DeletedUser8396

you said prove your invalidation wrong i'm just adding proof to there is a greater being out there.

Ah. Then I'll reply to that post later. When I said disprove my invalidation, I meant disprove the logic, though.

DeletedUser38224

Ok, I see I'm never going to convince you of limited omniscience. Even if I went to show that understanding is entirely different from knowledge and that knowing His works from eternity is fine as they have already occurred....but anyway...

I suppose we can just agree to disagree, but these statements are Really pretty explicit:

He knows everything.

His understanding is infinite.

Known to God from eternity are all His works

Whatever.

Also not going to reply to the latter part as I think we can all see that His adding things in to answer questions does not remove faith and would not necessitate Him to falsify information.

Please tell me you are not still trying to defend this ridiculous Statement:

By Modifying His scriptures to Influence this hypothetical persons decision to not follow him anymore, God is Breaking the free will he Had promised to this Person. I'm not really sure how you can still be saying that God is evil if He doesn't modify his scriptures for this one person.

God knows we would exist. He knows that He will sacrifice Himself for us. Since sacrifice is the love we are discussing, sacrifice is an action. He can know that He will die for us all day long, but without ever acting it out His love is only a future existence. The self-sacrifice must exist continuously in reality.

First of all, It says in the Bible that God experiences time in a way that is incomprehensible to Humans, which Basically makes your entire Argument Worthless.

2 Peter 3:8:

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Second of all, Yes. It tells us in the Bible that Before the Creation of the World, God Knew that Jesus would die for us.

1 Peter 1:19-20:

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

There are a few points still relevant:

1. "He – in His Omniscience – knew we would exist and loved that." - It isn't impossible to love something that doesn't exist yet, Especially if you know that it will exist at some point in the future and that you will be the one to create it.

2. God's ways are Higher than our ways, making it Impossible for us to say that He doesn't exist based on something like it being impossible for him to love us before we existed.

DeletedUser8396

First of all, It says in the Bible that God experiences time in a way that is incomprehensible to Humans, which Basically makes your entire Argument Worthless.

Second of all, Yes. It tells us in the Bible that Before the Creation of the World, God Knew that Jesus would die for us.

1 Peter 1:19-20:

There are a few points still relevant:

1. "He – in His Omniscience – knew we would exist and loved that." - It isn't impossible to love something that doesn't exist yet, Especially if you know that it will exist at some point in the future and that you will be the one to create it.

2. God's ways are Higher than our ways, making it Impossible for us to say that He doesn't exist based on something like it being impossible for him to love us before we existed.

First, I am still defending it and will continue to defend it. However, should you wish to argue that specific point, you can message me.

Now:

That verse in 2 Peter 3:8 is not, first of all, saying His concept of time is incomprehensible. I see nothing to suggest we cannot comprehend it.

And, "before the creation of the world" does not mean it eternally existed. Only that it existed prior to us. Even so, I already have a counter to the 1 Peter 1:19-20 argument.

As per your other relevant points:

1. It is, however, impossible to sacrifice for something that does not exist - which is what the love requires (as deemed in 1 John 4:8).

2. This does not allow Him to avoid the parameters of existence. That verse (Isaiah 55:8) uses the Hebrew word "paths" to resemble "ways" as actions and methods. As we are fallen according to the Bible, this is obvious. However, this does not mean God's ways are not understandable or capable to be determined with logic or reason. He must adhere to the logical requirements of existence.

DeletedUser33530

By Modifying His scriptures to Influence this hypothetical persons decision to not follow him anymore, God is Breaking the free will he Had promised to this Person.

Say you're about to drive off a cliff own your own free will. God cannot make you stop driving off that cliff without breaking free will.
Now why are you driving off this cliff? You read an article that said your car would fly, it doesn't matter. Now God can not break your free will but what if he made that article not exist. Forget about how. You are driving off that cliff because you read this article. God knowing all including all possible futures would know exactly how to have the article not exist. So in another possible future you are not driving off the cliff as you have not read the article. In this other future has God broken your free will? No he hasn't. It is still your choice whether or not to drive off the cliff. Whether or not he has influenced that choice means nothing. I could influence you into leaving these forums but it is still your choice.

But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Where are you getting incomprehensible time from this?

To all nonbelievers http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/12-year-old-girl-paints-heaven-child-prodigy-wvideo.html

also there is a true story called heaven is for real about a 12 year old boy who knew things he could not have possibly known. He saw one of the painting of jesus this girl drew and said that is the man he saw in heaven.

look I'm not saying this is not true but I can without a doubt explain this without the kid going to heaven. Message me if you want the explanation cause pebble probably doesn't what me to explain here.

DeletedUser38224

First, I am still defending it and will continue to defend it. However, should you wish to argue that specific point, you can message me.

Now:

That verse in 2 Peter 3:8 is not, first of all, saying His concept of time is incomprehensible. I see nothing to suggest we cannot comprehend it.

And, "before the creation of the world" does not mean it eternally existed. Only that it existed prior to us. Even so, I already have a counter to the 1 Peter 1:19-20 argument.

As per your other relevant points:

1. It is, however, impossible to sacrifice for something that does not exist - which is what the love requires (as deemed in 1 John 4:8).

2. This does not allow Him to avoid the parameters of existence. That verse (Isaiah 55:8) uses the Hebrew word "paths" to resemble "ways" as actions and methods. As we are fallen according to the Bible, this is obvious. However, this does not mean God's ways are not understandable or capable to be determined with logic or reason. He must adhere to the logical requirements of existence.

To be honest, I'm not really Interested in debating this any further with you; I've made a solid enough case to convince myself that God exists, I truly am sorry I wasn't able to influence your decision that he doesn't exist. Maybe these two Intellectual Heavyweights you've sent your argument to will do so. My only hope is that this Hypothetical third party might read my posts and be touched to not stop following God.

Say you're about to drive off a cliff own your own free will. God cannot make you stop driving off that cliff without breaking free will.
Now why are you driving off this cliff? You read an article that said your car would fly, it doesn't matter. Now God can not break your free will but what if he made that article not exist. Forget about how. You are driving off that cliff because you read this article. God knowing all including all possible futures would know exactly how to have the article not exist. So in another possible future you are not driving off the cliff as you have not read the article. In this other future has God broken your free will? No he hasn't. It is still your choice whether or not to drive off the cliff. Whether or not he has influenced that choice means nothing. I could influence you into leaving these forums but it is still your choice.

In your example we can compare:

- Your cliff to Not following God

- The Article that Claims your car can Fly to Pebbles Original Post

- The Source that says your car can't fly to Common sense

- The Common sense Monster, or whatever the hell the incarnation of common sense is to God

So, In your situation, The Common sense Monster has to add something in to Common sense to Prevent this Dumbass article writer from Telling you that your Car can fly.

Now, the common sense monster Had previously said that you were allowed to Drive your car off the cliff, It's just that you would Die, And that he won't attempt to Prevent you from Driving your car off the Cliff if you want to.

If He goes and Modifies Common sense to stop this article Writer from writing the article, and in effect stops you from being informed about Your car supposedly being able to fly, He is Breaking his Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.