Hey guys I need help with a poll real quick! Can you take it? 1 question.

DeletedUser8396

/me proceeds to wonder why nuclear power was not suggested :(

DeletedUser

probably because you're not going to set up a nuclear reactor to just power a local stadium :p

DeletedUser8396

probably because you're not going to set up a nuclear reactor to just power a local stadium :p

Nuclear power would get the stadium and the surrounding area. It may also better the economy due to the developing of the surrounding area. This could lead to increased ticket sales, bettering the stadium and organization behind. If that does occur, since the stadium is more fruitful, it is likely to get more improvements and, possibly, seating.

You plan for a stadium. I plan for world domina...err...public betterment :eek:

DeletedUser29066

Good thing about nuclear power is that you wouldn't need to light the stadium for night games as the fans and players would all glow in the dark :p

DeletedUser

I didn't pick anything because:

Solar- is available only during the day and a lot of events continue to the dark hours. A Stadium would need a lot of mirrors to be well lit.

Biomass- it does sound more friendly because we grow it, but in reality it is still same old coal plant.

If I were to offer, I would say either hydro, which is not easily available in some places, or atomic, which is more dangerous.

Maybe Solar with a bunch of gigantic batteries for storage underneath the stadium.

-----------

The best method is to have bicycle pedals under each seat. If you wanna watch the game or the show during dark hours, better start pedaling.

DeletedUser8396

But...atomic power isn't that likely to be dangerous. Only 3 major incidents since 1979. Not too terrible, especially considering how they malfunctioned. Also, two of those three, there were no casualties directly related to the fallout.

/me sits down

DeletedUser

That's is the ignorance of the average person showing, although xtc does seem misinformed about all the options, not only nuclear. Nuclear energy is the safest option available, period. The only problem is the widespread ignorance regarding it spread throughout society.

It's not really something you build to only power a stadium though. It's a massive undertaking, very expensive and generates enough to power cities. It would be unnecessarily grandiose.

DeletedUser33530

But...atomic power isn't that likely to be dangerous. Only 3 major incidents since 1979. Not too terrible, especially considering how they malfunctioned. Also, two of those three, there were no casualties directly related to the fallout.

/me sits down
reminds of this nuclear plant that almost got up and running about an hour away from where i live, but then people realized that there are risks in this sort of thing.

DeletedUser8396

It's not really something you build to only power a stadium though. It's a massive undertaking, very expensive and generates enough to power cities. It would be unnecessarily grandiose.

We weren't given the size of the stadium. As it is a hypothetical, I hypothesize it is to power a new stadium the size of Tokyo.

DeletedUser33530

We weren't given the size of the stadium. As it is a hypothetical, I hypothesize it is to power a new stadium the size of Tokyo.

Why would a people need a stadium the size of Tokyo?

DeletedUser33530

Necessity? Pshhh. Its called desire, mate. If no one here secretly wants a stadium the size of Tokyo, then they are surely in denial.
Well im not a big sports guy so i really don't desire this stadium but either way you still didn't answer my question.

DeletedUser8396

Well im not a big sports guy so i really don't desire this stadium but either way you still didn't answer my question.

I answered it like any good politician advocating for a nuclear-powered, Tokyo-sized stadium would.

DeletedUser33530

I answered it like any good politician advocating for a nuclear-powered, Tokyo-sized stadium would.
By not answering the question?
for public readings of a pebbles poetry :D .. Can you imagine the sound system that would be required for a stadium that size?

Undoubtedly. Wait, the sound system or your poetry?

What the hell are you doing!?!?
Don't give him any ideas you fool.
Also his ego is big enough no need to enlarge it

Last edited by a moderator: