Top 12 Alliances Sink like an anchor or Swim like a Otter

DeletedUser

Though I am disappointed to see that my former alliance mates all jumped into bed with our former long term enemies :(. Guess RT worked his magic there too.... so did knights / wgs who were happy to sit back and watch the long war of attrition of everyone vs spqr and do nothing see that one coming I wonder?
Food for thought. ...

DeletedUser46391

This was pointed out to me earlier by an old alliance mate and I have been asked to respond.

Lap is pretty much done now.
I do remember reading all the posts/messages you'd sent to other diplomats etc during your stint there and just so you know I bear you no ill will for any of the things you said.

Hope you are enjoying the new game you play etc and sorry I couldn't join you over there when you asked on skype.

-RT

P.S Ironically it was you deciding to OP Grimm Sleepers just before you pacted with them that kept them on our side. Who then were amazing during the rotation of the WW era and helped us win.

So all I can really say is thanks.

In it's own way we couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No need to thank us, you did it all yourselves....

But yes you are right - agreeing the "permanent close ties" deal between SPQR and Lost Souls - resulting in us having no choice but to drop GS as we had no one left to fight - only for you to immediately support them behind our backs then a couple weeks later break our pact and turn on us.... ultimately won you the world. The decisions made in those couple weeks had permanent long-term consequences that turned out to be irreversible.

but cheers for the update its no surprise Lost Souls won the world.... like I said well played....tho in many ways its a shame it wasn't a fairer fight.... but c'est la vie.

Either way am staying in permanent retirement! And away from a game where you cant trust anyone, as it turned out even your own alliance mates. But the first few months were a lot of fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33512

:pro:
No need to thank us, you did it all yourselves....

But yes you are right - agreeing the "permanent close ties" deal between SPQR and Lost Souls - resulting in us having no choice but to drop GS as we had no one left to fight - only for you to immediately support them behind our backs then a couple weeks later break our pact and turn on us.... ultimately won you the world. The decisions made in those couple weeks had permanent long-term consequences that turned out to be irreversible.

but cheers for the update its no surprise Lost Souls won the world.... like I said well played....tho in many ways its a shame it wasn't a fairer fight.... but c'est la vie.

Either way am staying in permanent retirement! And away from a game where you cant trust anyone, as it turned out even your own alliance mates. But the first few months were a lot of fun :)

Lost souls? You mean requiem for/of the Lost Souls and Grimm Sleepers. :p.

Secondary crowns are kinda lame IMO. No wonder complete noobs go around possessing one. :pro:

Well done to all the alliances who won.

DeletedUser46310

Before I quit I tried in vain to get spqr, wgs and knights to take on lost souls... or even 2 vs 2 for a fairer fight... but sadly no one had the guts / long term vision to see what was happening and break any pacts before it was too late.

We simply didn't want to break any pacts..Never. Good decission in terms of strategy-maybe not. Right decission in terms of morale- definetly.