Mayweather VS Pacquiao

• Thread starter DeletedUser35431
  • Start date

DeletedUser35431

Who else here watched the fight of the century. I was honestly hoping for a TKO 1st round, but still. A decent fight.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Never watched it but many people on Facebook mistaked it for a hugging and jogging contest that mayweather supposedly won lol :D

DeletedUser35431

Yah. It was not an actual knock out win. But they got to 12 rounds and the judges decided for Mayweather to win.

DeletedUser

Never watched it but many people on Facebook mistaked it for a hugging and jogging contest that mayweather supposedly won lol :D

People who honestly think that either haven't watched a professional fight in 10 years, haven't ever watched one and think boxing is supposed to look like WWE, or are simply parroting what others have said.

DeletedUser35431

Yah. But I hear that they are planning a rematch.

DeletedUser49358

People who honestly think that either haven't watched a professional fight in 10 years, haven't ever watched one and think boxing is supposed to look like WWE, or are simply parroting what others have said.

Completely agree, if you watched the fight hoping for a slug fest then you've never watched Mayweather fight. Any time hes gone against someone that could possibly ruin his unbeaten streak he runs around the ring and plays a defense only match letting it go 12 rounds and letting the judges give him the match because he did so much to deserve the win.

Hugging in boxing has gone way too far, it use to be a chance for fighters to catch their breath, but now fighters hug their opponent just to waste time in the round and avoid any chance of getting hit. This is especially apparent when boxers get corned or are about to be corned as fighters almost always hug to get out of it.

You can't blame Mayweather for doing what he's always done to win, but I don't see how he can be called the greatest fighter of all time just because he has an undefeated record when the guy is barely even a fighter anymore.

DeletedUser35431

Completely agree, if you watched the fight hoping for a slug fest then you've never watched Mayweather fight. Any time hes gone against someone that could possibly ruin his unbeaten streak he runs around the ring and plays a defense only match letting it go 12 rounds and letting the judges give him the match because he did so much to deserve the win.

Hugging in boxing has gone way too far, it use to be a chance for fighters to catch their breath, but now fighters hug their opponent just to waste time in the round and avoid any chance of getting hit. This is especially apparent when boxers get corned or are about to be corned as fighters almost always hug to get out of it.

You can't blame Mayweather for doing what he's always done to win, but I don't see how he can be called the greatest fighter of all time just because he has an undefeated record when the guy is barely even a fighter anymore.

Hell yeah.

DeletedUser

It would help if the refs would actually deduct points for doing it excessively. But, they don't, so why not?

DeletedUser35431

I wonder what will happen in the rematch. I cannot believe they are throwing sooooo much money at these two people punching, jumping and hugging.