Discussion How is everyone finding the Gold Trading system?

DeletedUser42393

So,

I've been away for a while but I am waiting for the next world to be released before I join again (fresh start); I plan to solely focus on this new world if the settings aren't exhaustingly slow.

I have read the Wiki on the new Gold features but have seen little discussions on the newly implemented systems, whether they are useful, annoying, unfair, great or make little difference. It would be useful to gain some sort of understanding from those that have experienced the system so I know what to expect when I join a world that has this feature.

• How are people finding it - is there anything I need to know more about/ look out for?
Like I said, I have been away for a while and couldn't see many discussions on the matter, if this has been posted before just let me know where / when and I'll explore the other threads & delete this one.

DeletedUser27128

TBF I like gold trading. As a guy who had never used gold before (not even for advisors), I can now afford the occasional advisor, which helps me out a lot without spending real money.

DeletedUser42393

Ah I see, I sometimes use gold so I was wondering whether it would be a good server since I haven't played yet.

Does it provide much advantage?
-Bet there are a lot of abusers there ;)

DeletedUser27128

Well, yeah. This guy on Taras had 6 cities out of BP because he used his gold to trade for resources, then 1 click with instabuy to instantly complete buildings.

DeletedUser23986

I earned like 10k gold on first six weeks of taras...

DeletedUser42393

he used his gold to trade for resources, then 1 click with instabuy to instantly complete buildings.
You can instantly complete buildings with gold, rather than waste a hell of a lot of gold on decreasing building times now?

DeletedUser42393

Damn. That sounds pretty good to me, waiting for the buildings was where all my gold tended to go...

DeletedUser23986

by trading res for gold. If you keep watch on market you can strike quite a bargain. Sometimes i sold 800 res for 50 gold. I know someone sold 500 res for 200 gold.

DeletedUser42393

by trading res for gold. If you keep watch on market you can strike quite a bargain. Sometimes i sold 800 res for 50 gold. I know someone sold 500 res for 200 gold.

Damn. 50 gold for 800 res.... :eek:
Looking forward to joining the gold worlds, though I think I read somewhere that you can only trade gold that is bought from inno and that you cannot trade with the gold that you gained via res trading?

DeletedUser40768

Yeah it is easy to get good deals as their is no set ratio, those good deals usually get taken instantly though. Though all the concerns we had before it was implemented were never addressed. People can still join a world just to trade resources for gold, it usually takes a nice sum of resources to get an amount of gold that is actually able to get you anything in game. It has cluttered the market with 10-20 pages of gold offers, and they appear first making it harder to trade resources for resources. In the end gold buyers still benefit, more than those trading resources for gold. Only very smart players who search through the marketplace quite a bit will profit from trading resources.

DeletedUser40768

It at least gives non-gold buyers a chance to get the advisers.

We always had that chance with free gold offers, which they got rid of. It might benefit some of us, but to the non gold buyer group as a whole it really hasn't done much. Since gold trading and instant buy there are less uses for gold. When you get 10 gold on the market, that on its own can't get you anything unless you just put it back on the market. It takes 50 gold for an inventory slot, so on Zancles that would be about 5k-7.5k for an extra slot. 100 gold is needed for the advisers, so that costs about 10k-15k resources. On a world like Zancles those resources are needed more than most of the advisers are really worth.

DeletedUser46838

Administrators in Zancles are A HUGE BENEFIT to anyone. And the inner alliance trade is also good too ;P

DeletedUser40768

Administrator in Zancles are A HUGE BENEFIT to anyone. And the inner alliance trade is also good too ;P

lol Rock when would you ever need to build 7 buildings at a time at this stage in the world?

DeletedUser40768

Erm...I always got enough resources to do that. haha

*facepalm* Rock I meant why would you need to build 7 in a row when each building takes at least 8 hours. Completely uneccessary to get the admin :p