The Right to Life

DeletedUser33530

if the fetus has the potential for human life you are stating its not human life ?
potienal for human life. Human life. Do you see how one of those is different from the other? If you don't I can't hope to explain it.

religion is not the root of all evil its just the framework evil people use to commit atrocities and history has proven this
oh yeah of course. God damn that Hitler for using religion to justify... Oh he didn't. Well I bet those Hutus in Rwanda definitely... They didn't either. But the Ottomans definitely... Not them either huh. So what history are you talking about cause I just named humanity at it's worse and those times did not involve religion as the framework.

People who wish to do bad will use anything to do bad. Get that into your head. Of course sometimes they will use religion but that's not religions fault. One of these days I'm sure someone is going to use atheism to do something horrible. It won't be atheism fault either.

as for this debate being relgious your correct its not stated as such but that does not meen its not subliminaly about christian agendas
NO ONE HERE HAS STATED ANYTHING RELGIOUS!!!! Literally no one. We even have some non-religious people on our side. Damn it man. You don't see us accusing you of an atheist agenda do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37948

for the record im pro abortion

and thankfully sanity agrees with me in my country. greater minds than ours debated it and saw sence enough to make it law

DeletedUser31385

there are laws that we dont murder yet it happens so im sure animals are killed inhumanly but its kind of a null point to be honest and off track

i think its worse to kill a cow than it is a fetus i am sure a cow is more aware

yet ironicaly ill still eat beef

If that is the case, nothing would be killed for food. Animals would not kill each other. If they do it, how is it wrong for us to kill them? Most animals do not kill their own species, they only hunt others.
Killing a fetus is the same as killing a child or an adult. They are just at different stages in their lives.

DeletedUser37948

potienal for human life. Human life. Do you see how one of those is different from the other? If you don't I can't hope to explain it.

oh yeah of course. God damn that Hitler for using religion to justify... Oh he didn't. Well I bet those Hutus in Rwanda definitely... They didn't either. But the Ottomans definitely... Not them either huh. So what history are you talking about cause I just named humanity at it's worse and those times did not involve religion as the framework.

NO ONE HERE HAS STATED ANYTHING RELGIOUS!!!! Literally no one. We even have some non-religious people on our side. Damn it man. You don't see us accusing you of an atheist agenda do you?

is it human life or potential human life there is a diferance, if it potentialy then its not yet.

spanish inquisition rapist preists watch the film philomena for a way religion has been used closer to this subject matter to abuse people

the list is endless

as for the final quote ive already answerd why i feel there is a christian agenda to these threads

DeletedUser37948

If that is the case, nothing would be killed for food. Animals would not kill each other. If they do it, how is it wrong for us to kill them? Most animals do not kill their own species, they only hunt others.
Killing a fetus is the same as killing a child or an adult. They are just at different stages in their lives.

i can see your argument

but if there are aliens more developed than us does that give them the right to kill us for food ?

im not sure i like the arrogance of human superiority

DeletedUser

Abortion -> Aliens attacking earth to eat us all

Great time to leave the debate! :p

DeletedUser33530

is it human life or potential human life there is a diferance, if it potentialy then its not yet.

spanish inquisition rapist preists watch the film philomena for a way religion has been used closer to this subject matter to abuse people

the list is endless

as for the final quote ive already answerd why i feel there is a christian agenda to these threads

What?

Jusr because humans use things meant for good, for evil does not make those things evil. Either way you and your hate is off topic.

No you didn't. You said "historically on this forum i feel there is a relivance to my comments". So you feel there is a christian agenda because you feel you are correct? Yeah that makes total sense. Either way this is off topic.

DeletedUser

Be mature here. If this turns into a flame/hate fest, I'll simply close it and hand out infractions. Civility and respect will get you a long way, now let's begin:

Definition of murder: the premeditated taking of a human life who has not committed an act deserving of death.

Starting out as a clump of cells, my physical nature began. Although I could not yet be classified scientifically as “human”,

The top post itself has the answer to this debate.

lol, you do know these genocides were all carried out on religious/ethinic minorities dnt you?

DeletedUser37948

this has already been said in anotherway
Pebs, I can see why you would want to try to insist that only the logical process of your top post should be focused on, since that kinda obscures that a logical argument based on false premises is fatally flawed from the off.

Link of time

Phrourach
this is simple

a cow has more cognative ability than a fetus it feels pain and is often aware its about to be slaughterd

is that murder ?

no

as for the definition of murder i think Murder is the killing of another person without justification or valid excuse.

i see religion trying to do all sorts of horrific things foisting its perverse morality on others

you only have to look at the horrific stories that come from Ireland to see how this story ends its a bit like apartheid in South Africa. Change was slow and the abuse was epic
you can't murder an animal, first off, that point is valid

'without valid excuse' you need a pretty good excuse to kill a potential human being

DeletedUser49358

Abortion -> Aliens attacking earth to eat us all

Great time to leave the debate! :p

I would have to agree with this, think I will take a leave from this thread until arguments actually become arguments again.

DeletedUser49358

I honestly disagree with this

alright ... care to give any reasoning to that or just going to state your opinion as if its a fact? Please explain to me how any ideas or opinions against abortion are automatically tied into religious ideals.

P.S. this is exactly what I'm talking about as far as arguments in this thread aren't even arguments but you should already know that since you -reped me for the comment telling me how respectful I am.

DeletedUser33530

lol, you do know these genocides were all carried out on religious/ethinic minorities dnt you?

Yeah. How does that make it religion's fault though? Unless you want to claim that because of their religion they deserved to die, religion is unrelated to those genocides.

I honestly disagree with this

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. You literally can't disagree with it.

DeletedUser31385

i can see your argument

but if there are aliens more developed than us does that give them the right to kill us for food ?

im not sure i like the arrogance of human superiority

We would say no and resist, but they may or may not agree with us.

Link of time

Phrourach
alright ... care to give any reasoning to that or just going to state your opinion as if its a fact? Please explain to me how any ideas or opinions against abortion are automatically tied into religious ideals.

P.S. this is exactly what I'm talking about as far as arguments in this thread aren't even arguments but you should already know that since you -reped me for the comment telling me how respectful I am.
Care to tell me, first off, why you believe this?

DeletedUser49358

Care to tell me, first off, why you believe this?

Alright, I am not a religious person and am for abortion being legal, yet I do agree with pebble that abortion is murder and do not support the act of abortion. On the other hand I have talked with other people who are not religious like myself and they were firm on their stance of right to life, even though they had no ties to Christianity. To say that any opinions against abortion are automatically tied into Christian thought or any religious beliefs is simply wrong, its the same as saying that anyone who has opinions against murder or theft have those opinions because Christianity teaches them to, as plenty of people who are not religious are against those kinds of acts. In fact there are examples of societies creating laws against those very acts before Christianity even came to be. It's not Christianity that taught them to hold those opinions against murder and theft, instead the morals of society do which are not defined by Christian teaching (acceptance of homosexuality for example among other things that go against Christian teaching). You can ask kids in elementary school who have never read the bible or gone to church before and don't even know what Christianity is if killing people is okay and most of them would probably say no. There are people who are living proof (myself included) that what I said "people can have opinions against abortion without having to be tied down by religion" is possible.

Now you said you "honestly disagree with this" would you now care to explain how and why? because at this point I'm fairly certain you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing and that you don't actually have anything to back up your argument.