Spartan Showdown Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

The in-game announcement was very unclear about what the event was, but I get it now.

I do agree with Baudin that if you don't like it, don't join it - there's abuse of power, privileges, friendships, exploits and plot holes in every world as is, why would this be any different for the event? Some folks will do anything, and as long as it doesn't break any rules, what're you going to do?

I like that the managers are trying to think of things to keep the community alive outside of Inno-concocted events, and hope to see more of that in the future.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Probably too late to change, but I must've missed the discussion on how this would be scored.

Total BP gained over the duration? It should be averaged out to BP per cities instead.

Players on older worlds will have a far bigger advantage and that's kind of unfair as there have been more high speed worlds on US lately than there have been on EN.

They have like 4 speed 3 (or higher) releases to our one. They definitely have the advantage as far as world settings go, and where established veterans will have a bunch of cities.

Averaging rather than counting totals would be the only way to nullify that advantage.

Crimson's formula takes into account world speed, morale, and total cities in addition to bp. It's an equation with lots of /'s and a few (___)'s as well as a * or two.

DeletedUser48399

Put 50 players v 50 players into a new world (revolt speed 2) with a start of 50 cities per player, 10 cities EN and 10 cities US per island and it would show who was the better players/server. All out war (you would not be able to sleep)

I like this idea would be so much fun

DeletedUser42118

Take my name off please Baudin.

I play the game in an honest way and this comp has far too many loop holes. The best fighters means nothing

FIFA in another context

DeletedUser

I think this is an awesome idea. I'm sure some people will exploit the loopholes but they'd be in a minority.

DeletedUser3303

Any news on the teams. Cos applied with no reply back, and it's approaching the deadline for its starting

DeletedUser35722

+ 1

we need to know who's playing .

you can't expect us to suddenly come online on friday and receive a message saying we are participating

regards

frank (pop)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
That is exactly what is going to happen. However it's not like anything is going to change for the people who were selected. They are still going to be playing on their world doing what they normally do. The only difference is Crim and I will be keeping track of the amount of BP gained from then on.

DeletedUser31385

It isn't like a huge change will happen. It is just now you have a tracking tag on you and your performance in-game is being used for the comp. That means they will try harder to succeed.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I won't lie, it's gonna take some time to sort the teams so don't expect the list right when the competition bit starts.

DeletedUser

That is exactly what is going to happen. However it's not like anything is going to change for the people who were selected. They are still going to be playing on their world doing what they normally do. The only difference is Crim and I will be keeping track of the amount of BP gained from then on.

Could you maybe tell players exactly when this will start (like 0001 on the 19th server time ?) in case they might be selected for this?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Actually Crim just pointed out to me, like literally just pointed out, that we may need to delay the start time by a bit so we can form the teams. So we'll let you know when we have a set time if we decide to delay the start.

DeletedUser23986

I hope you give the formula a serious look. A one city player can easily gain 20k BPs given the fact that commander of rome will be running simultaneously, however a 300 city player just cannot get 6M BPs, so just averaging out will affect the bigger players.

DeletedUser31385

This event could change the outcome of the showdown dramatically.