Get Rid of God Supporting

• Thread starter The Great Toast
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19042

Same for me.

Stick with the old system. Better to have this.

DeletedUser27128

No, it is not.

"Too expensive to implement.
The idea may require too great of a code change for too little gain.
Idea requires too much of a game change for little gain.
Idea may be prioritized so far down the ladder that it just won't make the cut.
Already voted on and passed onto the devs.
Already voted on and failed.
Idea may require too many resources to prevent cheating and to solve balance.
Already being worked on by the devs.
The idea may conflict with future changes and be discarded.
New World(s)/Settings, New World Types, God(s), Mythical Units, and or Spells"

This idea doesn't violate any of those. You should have probably read the whole thing before just commenting on it just after seeing the word "God" in the title.

DeletedUser19042

but won't happen as this suggestion would seriously damage unit balancing, and game balancing.
My previous opinion is stated somewhere in this topic

DeletedUser37948

i think the system as is now creates more need for alliances and individuals to be organised to be effective defending with myths

changing it just seems like dumbing down the game

DeletedUser49358

i think the system as is now creates more need for alliances and individuals to be organised to be effective defending with myths

changing it just seems like dumbing down the game

It also discourages the use of defensive mythical units, why spend the time and resources it takes to recruit mythical units that are only useful when specific requirements are when you can just stack up on DLU that work in any situation. So do you keep defensive mythical units as they are now which is never used, or make changes so they become actually useful?

DeletedUser31385

You need to know what god each person worships in the cities that need defending. Taking this away would make it easy to stack tons of myths.

DeletedUser39031

Myth defensive units are useless anyway until you have at least 15 cities. Even then normal units are cheaper and easier.

DeletedUser31385

The gods hate each other and always are at war with one another. Why would a god let his or her enemy's mythical units stay in the city?

DeletedUser8396

The gods hate each other and always are at war with one another. Why would a god let his or her enemy's mythical units stay in the city?

Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, and Athena are all allies...some occasional disagreements and fights, but not all.

DeletedUser33530

Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, and Athena are all allies...some occasional disagreements and fights, but not all.

Well Zues and Hera are married but not always on great terms. Poseidon and Athena have some more issues between them but nothing like gods vs titans rivalry

DeletedUser31385

Well Zues and Hera are married but not always on great terms. Poseidon and Athena have some more issues between them but nothing like gods vs titans rivalry

That brought the gods together. I have an idea! (I will make something a little later)

DeletedUser33530

That brought the gods together. I have an idea! (I will make something a little later)

Not really. The gods were always together until after the end of the rebellion against the titans. The titans war didn't unite them as at that point they had never been divided.

DeletedUser8396

Not really. The gods were always together until after the end of the rebellion against the titans. The titans war didn't unite them as at that point they had never been divided.

Indeed. The majority spent a great deal of their time inside one location: Cronus.

DeletedUser33530

Indeed. The majority spent a great deal of their time inside one location: Cronus.

Well 5 of the first 7 gods did. Rhea tricked Cronus to save Zues and Aphrodite was out doing her own thing after being born from Ouranos' blood or sperm idk which story you prefer.
After that you get hundreds of other gods.

DeletedUser8396

Well 5 of the first 7 gods did. Rhea tricked Cronus to save Zues and Aphrodite was out doing her own thing after being born from Ouranos' blood or sperm idk which story you prefer.
After that you get hundreds of other gods.

Basically what I said...

Anyway, the argument that they simply bicker and fight isnt a good reason to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.