Inactive Topic 'First new post' button for in game forum

DeletedUser

Proposal
There is currently a button for each thread on the in game forum which takes you to the newest post. I propose that the button should be changed to take you instead to the first new post since you last visited the thread.

Reason
Threads can have many posts added between game play sessions and it can be hard to find exactly where you left off previously. It makes it very time consuming to read the forum in a large alliance due to the number of posts and it can cause you to miss important reports and information.

Details
The 'go to newest post' button is replaced by a 'go to first new post' button which takes you to the first new post since you last read the thread.

Balance
No problems with balance since it is not a game play issue but an improvement to reduce frustration for players who like to keep up to date with alliance news.

DeletedUser8396

Agreed. I like it! Nice and simple, but helpful. Honestly surprised they don't have this.

DeletedUser49197

I like it too! In other games, this is what is used in forums, etc, and it is really helpful...

DeletedUser5819

Totally agree. Its the only sane way to set it, and I rather feel it used to be that way a long time ago, though it is possible I am thinking of TW. They all meld into one at this time of night/life.

DeletedUser45380

Awesome idea. Sounds like a simple idea, but could take a lot of code to implement. Definitely worthwhile. +1

DeletedUser

Awesome idea. Sounds like a simple idea, but could take a lot of code to implement. Definitely worthwhile. +1

I don't think it would take too much to implement. The game already knows when there is a new post since our last visit to the forum so it's just a case of being directed there when you click the button.