Rejected Plunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35431

Hey guys

Proposal: A new attack method that allows you to gain an extra load of resources.

DNS/PSI: Too lazy. Could not care less.

Details: At level 19 of the academy, you can unlock a plunder attack for:

• 7400 Wood
  • 7500 Stone
  • 8500 Silver
  • 8 Research points

A plunder attack would work as so: When you launch your attack, you select plunder as you normally would select your attack setting (Revolt, conquest, breakthrough). A plunder attack will get you the following loot bonuses:
  • If you select plunder all resources, you get 50% additional loot of all resources (You get 3 extra favor per myth unit if you have researched temple looting)
  • You get an additional 100% resources if you select an individual one (I.E. If you select wood you get 100% additional wood only. Not additional silver/stone)
  • If you have temple looting and you select favor you get an additional 5 favor per myth unit
  • City wall from LV15< will reduce the loot bonus by 5% (100% goes to 95%; 50% goes to 45%)
For example. If I launch a normal attack, for the case of this example I would get 1000 of each resource. Now if I say plunder all, I get 1500 of each resource, and if I plunder an individual resource, I would get 2000 of that resource. However when you attack with a plunder, your units will move 30% slower
If you have cartography or meteorology researched, the speed increase will be taken into account as well. [Sp You also get 10% less BP. Then attacking with a plunder via sea, your transport capacity will be reduced by 5% (Rounded to the nearest unit)

The resources received are taken from the player. I.E., they loose more resources. If the attacked person does not have enough resources, you will get all that they have and no more.

You will be able to calculate your loot with the simulator and with an espionage. Having a tower in the city will reduce the loot bonus by 5%. (This will stack with the city wall bonus)

Visual Aid: Grepolis Plunder.pngCredits to Xtcmax

NOW UPDATED!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

Research points or favour?

Does the attacked lose what the attacker gets?
Or can the attacker get the extra even if the attacked doesn't have it, like the axtra BP for units lost research?

DeletedUser35431

:heh: What do you mean?

Does the attacked lose what the attacker gets?
Yes. It is called a plunder because you take more loot.
Or can the attacker get the extra even if the attacked doesn't have it, like the axtra BP for units lost research?
If the attacker does not have enough, you will receive all that they have of that resource.

DeletedUser5819

:heh: What do you mean?
Proposal: A new attack method that allows you to gain an extra load of resources.
  • 6000 Wood
  • 6500 Stone
  • 6500 Silver
    [*]4 Research points
A plunder attack would work as so: When you launch your attack, you select plunder as you normally would select your attack setting (Revolt, conquest, breakthrough). A plunder attack will get you the following loot bonuses:
  • If you select plunder all resources, you get 50% additional loot of all resources (You get 3 extra favor per myth unit if you have researched temple looting)
  • You get an additional 100% resources if you select an individual one (I.E. If you select wood you get 100% additional wood only. Not additional silver/stone)
  • If you have temple looting and you select favor you get an additional 5 favor per myth unit
For example. If I launch a normal attack, for the case of this example I would get 1000 of each resource. Now if I say plunder all, I get 1500 of each resource, and if I plunder an individual resource, I would get 2000 of that resource. Your receive 10% more BP as well for plunders
Thanks!
Getting more research points sounds like something for the academy, and I doubt you meant that. I think you meant favor.

Also I disagree about getting extra BP if you choose an attack to get extra resources. Where is the downside? There should be something that is less good to compensat for the things that are more good, otherwise it would just be the only sort of attack you would use.

DeletedUser35431

Getting more research points sounds like something for the academy, and I doubt you meant that. I think you meant favor.

Also I disagree about getting extra BP if you choose an attack to get extra resources. Where is the downside? There should be something that is less good to compensat for the things that are more good, otherwise it would just be the only sort of attack you would use.

What I mean is, when you unlock it in the academy, it costs 4 research points. And the three/five extra favor per myth unit is only if you have temple looting unlocked in the academy.

DeletedUser5819

Ohhhhhhhhh!

I totally misread that. My mistake. Sorry.

DeletedUser31385

Makes the troops fight with less strength?

DeletedUser49197

Yeah, it's pretty stupid just to make you get an extra 50% resources for such a cheap and easy research. There should be some disadvantage. How about this:
"Your Troops have to bring extra storage to carry the resources back to your city. All Plunder Attacks will be 50% Slower than normal."
Example: if the player you are attacking has a TT of 10min, then a Plunder attack would take 15min to get there...

DeletedUser5819

I like the slower thing, especially as (if?) you can choose on each attack whether to use the plunder option or not.

It makes yet another confusion for the victim trying to work out what is coming at him, but that is now an accepted part of the game (unfortunately)

DeletedUser35431

Yeah, it's pretty stupid just to make you get an extra 50% resources for such a cheap and easy research. There should be some disadvantage. How about this:
"Your Troops have to bring extra storage to carry the resources back to your city. All Plunder Attacks will be 50% Slower than normal."
Example: if the player you are attacking has a TT of 10min, then a Plunder attack would take 15min to get there...

I agree with flame. More weight=slower.

I have just added that (30% slower)

Hey guys!

DNS/PSI: Too lazy. Could not care less.

• Now more expensive
    [*]7400 Wood
    [*]7500 Stone
    [*]8500 Silver
    [*]8 Research points

[*]You must send a bireme with to plunder over sea.
For example. If I launch a normal attack, for the case of this example I would get 1000 of each resource. Now if I say plunder all, I get 1500 of each resource, and if I plunder an individual resource, I would get 2000 of that resource. However when you attack with a plunder, your units will move 30% slower.

The resources received are taken from the player. I.E., they loose more resources. If the attacked person does not have enough resources, you will get all that they have and no more.

NOW UPDATED!

Thanks!

Just updated. Added things are in green. Removed features are in red.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35431

Just added a BP reduction of 10% to add to the downside of 30% slower.

DeletedUser8396

I'd remove the BP reduction and instead decrease the capacity of transports (in conjunction with it being slower). Makes more sense that with more resources the less space there would be for troops.

DeletedUser31385

I'd remove the BP reduction and instead decrease the capacity of transports (in conjunction with it being slower). Makes more sense that with more resources the less space there would be for troops.

Stranded men :eek: Like it!

DeletedUser31385

They do?
I'll have to try that..

Surely if you reduce the number of land units in the boat then you reduce the plunder, thus negating the research?

It would if he chooses that attack type.

DeletedUser5819

so why research it if you are never going to choose it because it has zerosum (or thereablouts) benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.