New Alliance Ranking System?

DeletedUser39190

I hate when people rank alliances based solely on Points, BP, etc. So I just wanted to through this idea out there for an equation to better calculate the standing of an alliance. This ranking system is a bit hard to explain, but all you grepo vets should catch on pretty quickly, it can be calculated using the information provided in the Ranking tab + the Grepointel alliance overview.

This equation ranks alliances based on what I'll call a 'well rounded eliteness' instead of a system where the sheer size (or lack of size) of an alliance can effect their ranking. Here's the equation

Simplified Equation
((Average Points+Average BP) * (Cities Taken/Cities Lost)) / Days The World Has Existed

NOTE:
-If 'Cities Lost' = 0, insert a 1 in the equation
-If 'Cities Taken/Cities Lost' = 0, insert a 1 in the equation

Ill give four examples of the equation in use (Current #1, Current #2, an MRA, and Highest Average)
Current #1 - Unwritten Legacy
((6432+1916) * (31/3)) / 12 = 7,188.6

Current #2 - Final Boss
((6690+1487) * (36/1)) / 12 = 24,531.0

MRA - Waterloo Warriors
((2187 + 324) * (1/1)) / 12 = 209.3

Highest Point Average - Frustratet Inc.
((12,786 + 5191) * (1/1)) / 12 = 1498.1

Ill leave this open for discussion, and if you think something should be added, removed, or edited in the equation just comment it.

Thanks,
Tyson (tdbom9)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This can only be used for alliances that started the game right away.
It can be used for other alliances but the calculation will be much thougher.

DeletedUser39190

This can only be used for alliances that started the game right away.
It can be used for other alliances but the calculation will be much thougher.

That is true, Im trying to figure out a way to make the equation have nothing wrong with it, what you see is not perfect, im just throwing an idea out there to see if we can make it work

DeletedUser5

That is true, Im trying to figure out a way to make the equation have nothing wrong with it, what you see is not perfect, im just throwing an idea out there to see if we can make it work

perhaps use some weighting based on how long they have been in the world, divided by the length of time the world has been open.

DeletedUser43011

Option:

SupaFletch on Skype said:
(total pnts+total bp) / (cities lost + cities taken)

eg:

No Safe word = (95302+21322) / (1+8) = 12,958 or something similar, makes it easier to equate and also doesn't have to involve the number of days on server

DeletedUser39190

I agree that we should probably take the days off the equation, And from you post fletch, I realized that I dont need to take the player avg and BP average, just put them both over members #, which takes less work and time to calculate. The problem with your equation is (Points+BP) alone favors large alliances too much, and / (Cities lost+Cities gained) gives a negative impact for conquering cities. But it did make somethink click in my mind lol

New equation
((Points+BP)/Members) * (Cities Taken/Cities Lost)

NOTE:
-If 'Cities Lost' = 0, insert a 1 in the equation
-If 'Cities Taken/Cities Lost' = 0, insert a 1 in the equation

DeletedUser15834

In zancle forum one of the guys does a Zancle power ranking every couple of weeks or so.
Basically the rankings are based on the alliances strength rather than just points etc.
He takes into account location, number of inactives, number of conquests made etc over the past couple of weeks.
Not sure if its just general info or if he has an actual formula for it.

DeletedUser39190

I think it is a rather interesting idea, however it might be more prudent to look at the an aggregate for all the players in the alliance vs the alliances stats.

When a player leaves an alliance, the points drop however the BP does not so your formula becomes flawed, as it would be possible for a player with 1 city at 1000 points, to be the only player in an alliance with 10m BP and 1000s of city's and lost 10.

((Average Points+Average BP) * (Cities Taken/Cities Lost)) / Days The World Has Existed
ie
(1000 + 10,000,000) * (1000 / 10) / x

You should look at adjusting it so it aggregate all the current players BP and points, not the alliance ones which gives you a much more rounded picture of the alliance skill.

Then to make it so you can compare world A vs B, you should look at including world speed in to the formula.

I should suggest something like (days * world speed) would work.

I would also adjust it so it is Cities lost + 1, which means then you don't need to take in to account the zero if know one had lost a city still allows you to compare A vs B, as otherwise you could rank someone that lost 1 city and 0 cities the same which wouldn't be accurate.

It should be really easy to write a few lines of code to generate this for us, I would be happy to help out with it should you wish to take it forward.

I have minimal experience with coding, do you think you would be able to pull of the coding on your own? and if so, PM me your skype :)

DeletedUser47953

Naw, just wing it and make it into a PNP. Who cares about stats... It's all about who is tough on the external forums... Those are definitely the best players.... ;)

DeletedUser19892

another problem is, many elite allainces are kicking members temporary if they are losing a city and invite them Again after the city is lost.
that would ruin it too.

i am a big fan of your idea but it need alot of Work and i am affraid with the current system there will always be ways to exploit it.