2.97 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser19920

Well it seems I can change between my cities easily now but the BP is still messed up in the premium culture window. I have never missed a day since I started playing and have seen many people quit over the years because of blunders like this one. I have been tempted myself at times. Had I been in a major battle when I could not change between my cities without refreshing my browser every 5 or so clicks it most likely would have been the last straw for me as well. I rate this just as the farming village blunder when you switched everything around (since changed back. THANK YOU) These changes are not asked for nor needed. If you want or need to have something to fix then get the servers to not slow down when two or more alliances go into major battle and everything gets sluggish. Fix it so when I'm timing attacks I can land them on top of each other instead of missing by 10-15 seconds. And my last rant:

IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!

DeletedUser19920

The change is intentional and is not a bug. We are the feedback on the change, so please keep giving it. In the top right hand corner in the town overview underneath your selected God is a display showing how close you are to another Victory Procession. Additionally your total BP can been seen either in the Culture Overview or in the Rankings pages.

Well the green check mark works now in the culture overview but the total battle points are not there yet.

skiboot

Phrourach
The change is intentional and is not a bug. We are the feedback on the change, so please keep giving it. In the top right hand corner in the town overview underneath your selected God is a display showing how close you are to another Victory Procession. Additionally your total BP can been seen either in the Culture Overview or in the Rankings pages.

So seeing your total battle points measured against the total required for your next VP is now a premium feature requiring access to Overviews? Great improvement.......not.. Please move the progress bar back to the Agora under Victory processions where it was working fine before the "improvement" was made.

It's now much harder to work out how many culture points you have effectively "banked" in VP's measured against total battle points required.

DeletedUser21774

So seeing your total battle points measured against the total required for your next VP is now a premium feature requiring access to Overviews? Great improvement.......not.. Please move the progress bar back to the Agora under Victory processions where it was working fine before the "improvement" was made.

It's now much harder to work out how many culture points you have effectively "banked" in VP's measured against total battle points required.

You still don't see the total battle points in the premium "culture" view. You only see unused battle points.
Total culture points are shown in both the "culture" view and the agora. What is missing now is the Total battle points, which they want us to hunt for in the ranking screen. Which I did, but that extra step hung up the computer because it was the nth step too many, lol.

DeletedUser21774

Despite the fix to the VP box in the culture tab, the screen hangs persist. I will switch from one city to the next and the name doesn't change at the top. So I'll be looking at a large troop build in the queue while staring at a naval only city name, until I refresh the screen again.

DeletedUser31385

I still dislike not being able to see your total BP in agora.

DeletedUser20908

i very much dislike the new "fix" on battlepoints, it's chaotic, annoying, unnecessary and it should be reverted back asap.
Also saw the post of the new "improved" unit pictures which are horrendous to say the least, Innogames should stop trying to "improve" that what does not need improvement and focus on things that really matter like the revamp of the endgame and not make the game more and more horrible to play and look at.

*end rant*

DeletedUser31385

i very much dislike the new "fix" on battlepoints, it's chaotic, annoying, unnecessary and it should be reverted back asap.
Also saw the post of the new "improved" unit pictures which are horrendous to say the least, Innogames should stop trying to "improve" that what does not need improvement and focus on things that really matter like the revamp of the endgame and not make the game more and more horrible to play and look at.

*end rant*

If I remember correctly, didn't they revamp graphics not long ago?

DeletedUser20908

yea they did so i see no use in revamping it yet again and to such a horrendous "upgrade" aswell, they're really going on a downward spiral with this game... such a shame

DeletedUser31385

yea they did so i see no use in revamping it yet again and to such a horrendous "upgrade" aswell, they're really going on a downward spiral with this game... such a shame

It seems every update it gets worse.

DeletedUser21774

*end rant*

The graphics on the command screen (especially the ships) do not look very much like the unit pictures in the harbor build view. I thought this might be a grcr tool item, not the main game. It's harder to tell one unit from the other - perhaps it was a bandwidth saving. But if this is what you are referring to, I agree.

DeletedUser31385

I hope they fix this all in 3.0. If not, people will start going out by the boatload.

DeletedUser21774

Oct 12th and still having issues with hang time and having to refresh frequently. Example, I executed about 10 trades and then went to farm one city. The farming villages did not 'show' on the screen as having been farmed until I did a refresh.

DeletedUser19920

Well I'm still having issues as well. From the looks of these posts we are all long time players. I would assume that most if not all are gold buyers as well. I will not be buying any gold while this mess is still happening and if I run out and this is not corrected I will be finished with Grepolis.

DeletedUser21774

Oct 13th and problems persist.

Error Message: There is a problem with the quest's data. A new problem I've never had before. Anyone else getting this?

Again, the problem cleared up after a screen refresh. But I had just refreshed a moment earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21625

yes, i am having random problems that need a restart to fix. Troops disappearing, game hanging after a few trades, game randomly freezing, and problems with quest's data. What to speak of those ridiculous graphics.

just another update gone horribly wrong, too many little glitches adding up to a bad experience.

i too, have run out of goodwill.

DeletedUser21774

yes, i am having random problems that need a restart to fix. Troops disappearing, game hanging after a few trades, game randomly freezing, and problems with quest's data. What to speak of those ridiculous graphics.

just another update gone horribly wrong, too many little glitches adding up to a bad experience.

i too, have run out of goodwill.

Don't give up hope. The game seems to have programming staff to make fixes. But they need to be informed of very specific problems that will help point them to the errors. I've decided being moderately to severely outraged is not going to get me to the 'fix'.

DeletedUser21774

20 October - the degradation of server speed remains. If I send more than 15 trades to a city, a screen refresh is frequently required every time I go to the target city to perform actions. If I don't the name of the city never appears on the browser. This is still significantly worse than before the upgrade of 2.97.

DeletedUser31385

20 October - the degradation of server speed remains. If I send more than 15 trades to a city, a screen refresh is frequently required every time I go to the target city to perform actions. If I don't the name of the city never appears on the browser. This is still significantly worse than before the upgrade of 2.97.

What speed world is it?

DeletedUser21774

Speed 1. With the install of a new update this morning have to see if there are improvements.