Figtree2's Daily Quotes

DeletedUser31385

A hero is someone who risks his life to save the lives of others.

DeletedUser

A hero is someone who risks his life to save the lives of others.
Defintions from Oxford English Dictionary:

1A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities:
a war hero

1.1The chief male character in a book, play, or film, who is typically identified with good qualities, and with whom the reader is expected to sympathize:
the hero of Kipling’s story

1.2(In mythology and folklore) a person of superhuman qualities and often semi-divine origin, in particular one whose exploits were the subject of ancient Greek myths

I like 1.2 the best because it is closest to the original derivation for the word hero which comes from ancient greek.

However I think semi divine people are all a bit snobby and if ever I met one in real life I would poop on their lawn !

DeletedUser31385

Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

DeletedUser31385

I, yet again, disagree on a ridiculously high level.

Hitler failed, Alexander the Great failed, and so did many others. You conquer the world by getting others to follow you (Example: people following a person for equal rights). If you try to take over by force, people will revolt. If they like what you are doing, you have conquered them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33530

Hitler failed, Alexander the Great failed, and so did many others. You conquer the world by getting others to follow you (Example: people following a person for equal rights)

Actually Alexander famously didn't fail. In 15 years he never lost a battle. He only stopped cause his troops wanted to go home and even after that he still probably would have conquered more if he didn't get sick.

DeletedUser8396

Hitler failed, Alexander the Great failed, and so did many others. You conquer the world by getting others to follow you (Example: people following a person for equal rights). If you try to take over by force, people will revolt. If they like what you are doing, you have conquered them.

Nice straw man. I'm not arguing that it's possible to take over the world without force. It is entirely possible. And the fact that others have tried and failed does not preclude the possibility of a future success. Were a force large enough amassed, theoretically the world could be conquered and forced into submission.

DeletedUser

History is always written by the victors--Walter Benjamin.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

A group of idiots led by a wise man will defeat a group of wise men led by an idiot.

DeletedUser44426

A group of idiots led by a wise man will defeat a group of wise men led by an idiot.

It's a good quote, especially the last part. It's a sort of a paradox, as the wise men following an idiot would not be wise, and the idiots following the wise man would not be idiots.

DeletedUser33530

It's a good quote, especially the last part. It's a sort of a paradox, as the wise men following an idiot would not be wise, and the idiots following the wise man would not be idiots.
nah you could still be an idiot and be following a wise person. Not the other way around though.